Manitoba Hydro

Manitoba Hydro Employee Reviews

Canada113 reviews

hydroexcellentculturebenefitlotenjoyopportunityexperience

Great place for your career

Opportunities galore. Good culture. Lots of room for advancement and self improvement. Excellent pension plan. Go as far as your talent will take you.

Lots of opportunity to improve and be in management position

I am fortunate being an employee of Manitoba hydro. They will treat you fairly, although some employees will always find a way to bring you down in order for them to look good but still hydro is an ideal company to work. I guess it is always normal that some people will always get or do something for you to look bad and that way they will also look good. I would consider that as normal, however if you do not know how to play the game then you will be in trouble. You must know how to adjust yourself which ever company you are in- that's the technique in there.

Insights into Manitoba Hydro

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

Very good.

Overall an excellent place to work. I suppose I just fell out of love sort of speak with the job/type of work. There is ample opportunity to move around within the company and province. They are extremely supportive and understanding towards life issues. Holidays are plentiful after so much time. They offer moving expenses paid for. The benefits have changed hands and been reduced, not a huge change but some. What I dislike is how they have transitioned as a whole. They have left PR in the dust and removed almost all sense of community with the exception to the major centres to indicate saving money but I can’t see that it has saved anything. The company is so top heavy with Executives is gross. The ability to go and do your job without political BS is non existent and certain employees look for every reason to attempt to get out of work or push back at any directives. 900 and some employees left during our VDP and it feels like the work load is killing the current employees with no help in sight. Another 800 eligible (allegedly) to retire.

Pros

Benefits, pay, holidays

Cons

Work load, procedures, too many executives that know nothing.

Good pay and benefits.

Overall good place to work. Can get very busy at times and management get be difficult. Your colleagues are good to work with and supervisors are decent.

Pros

Pay and benefits

slow-pace

Management is great and helpful, but there's little opportunity with the company. Workload is fair with a great work-life balance. Good benefits and salary range.

Take a chance be part of great company with amazing people

Been with Hydro for almost 20 years. I've stayed so long because of my co workers. Typical day is organizing work loads solving problems, answering emails and telephone calls. Workplace culture is fair. Management is my eyes is knowledgeable and fair but lacks person to person communication skills. Best part of my job hands down is the people I work with day in and day out. I've reached my potential at my current position and need to be challenged which I don't get much anymore. I'm looking for adventure a challenge and most importantly helping others and making people smile.

Pros

Great co-workers, salary

Cons

Communication, leadership

Professional and supportive work environment

Management at Manitoba Hydro was very supportive. They have an amazing mentorship program and very flexible scheduling to ensure a positive work life balance.

Great organization

Manitoba Hydro is not going anywhere. So if you have the chance to get on with them, take it. As you will probably retire there. I would have but had an accident after qq years . My situation was not handled properly at all. Aftera near death accident and diagnosed with PTSD. After saying that, my situation should not stop you. As it was a freak accident. I have had friends sons ask if they should hire on as a Lineman trainee and I always tell them. YES. And the two I am refering to have been lineman now for 5 years. And they love it

Pros

See the province which you live in.

Cons

Travel if not into that

I had a great time

TheyareisI and thetires are you doing this weekend possibly the week and the 24hrs of every day and u can listen to get the hint after the message i sent her

Fun place to work

Great place to work with fantastic people and a wonderful work environment. It was extremely laid back and the people were very friendly, helpful and fortcoming.

working with others

typically you work in groups depending on your job. The job itself is ok. There are allot of different challenges that arrise at this job. The most enjoyable part is completing a task and seeing what you've accomplished .

excellent co-op engineering experience

Great place to join. Strong experience to add to one's resume. Management, supervisors and all team members were very skillful, helpful, understanding and excellent in performing their duties.

Excellent place to work.

Excellent place to work.Good and supportive work environment. Well organised and a lot of new things to learn.Team work, flexible working hours, and good salary.

good friends

Learn about a new job and have fun with team work. Then to much political interference in the running of the dams so took early retirement. So now I can take jobs I enjoy.

excellent place to work

I had a great experience during my time at MB Hydro. The pay and benefits were very good. Got to work in various parts of the province and get lots of different experience.

Large company, room to grow

It is a large company, with many different fields to choose from. Each department has a different focus, and a different work style. You can be in the field or in the office, or both. It is almost entirely unionized, with various unions. They offer flexible work hours (dependent on exact position).

Productive and fun place with flexible break times.

I have learned a lot from experience in Hydro. I was very fortunate to have such a great opportunity. Typically, a day at Hydro comes with new joy and challenges, which enhances the productivity of the employees.

OPen and caring company with great management

MH is a great company with great leaders. It has an open and caring culture. The company has succeeded in hiring a lot of top notch professionals specifically in the construction field. MH is working extremely hard to improve the relation with all stake holding parties.

Great place to work, excellent work environment

Manitoba Hydro is a great place to work and grow, there is a lot to learn where employees and employer are very cooperative. You are appreciated for your good work.

productive & good people to work with

Lots of variety of work, My duties rotated from doing building maintenance & check ups to shipping & receiver duties to Mail processing duties. It was a great learning & training experience.

The Keeyask Project was a successful project to work on with great people.

I have worked for Manitoba Hydro for over 3 years in a remote northern environment. The shift rotations were long but made endurable and enjoyable because of the great people with whom I worked.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manitoba Hydro. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement