Manchu Wok Employee Reviews

Great Management.Friendly environment to work.Easy to get trained.
CASHIER AND KITCHEN HELPER (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL1 August 2019
A perfect place for a part time job.No extra hassle other than serving the customers properly.Its a tough time when it is rush.Otherwise easy and friendly environment to go with.
Good company.
Manager, franchisee. (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 July 2019
I was the manager at the Londonderry location. It franchise out in three months
I was told in the beginning. I was hired again when they needed the manager for Millwood location.
Terrible place to be employed
Cashier food prep (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC Willowbrook mall18 June 2019
I was the only white person who worked there and I was pulling open to close shifts 10 hours with only a SINGLE 15 minute break and if I was late just 1 minute I would be yelled at and scolded. The chef didnt like me so she would always put plastics in the food or undo everything I had done for closing after I had already left.
Pros
Cons
15 minute break for a 10 hour standing, shift management is horrible, rude coworkers who never spoke a lick of English
Great first job, fun workplace
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON12 April 2019
Management is great and fun to work with. Learned a lot when working here. Fast paced and always on the go especially during the busier months (late summer to end of December). Gets slow after Christmas and the beginning of January. Definitely recommend at least applying and giving it a shot. Especially if you love Chinese food!
Team Member (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 April 2019
It is a nice place to work. Good management. They will help you with a good schedule that fits you. I feel great to work with them. The team is also so good. They will help you in your work.
A fun place to learn and develop myself.
Restaurant Server and front desk cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC14 February 2019
First, as a front desk cashier, I am responsible for giving brief and precise menu descriptions to customers in a clear and well-paced voice. I also need to consider the differences in dietary cultures, for example by making customers aware of dishes, which contain pork or allergens like nuts and caraway. The reason for me to mention that because I have a responsibility to respect customers’ diverse cultures and prevent health problems caused by allergies, including delivering correct information to the kitchen. Moreover, I am responsible for answering phone orders.
Then, During peak times, I play a server role as well. I have to ensure work quality by getting each dish quickly and fairly onto a plate or into a container to each customer. As a full-time server, I work with a range of part-time co-workers in a day. Therefore, I have to apply different teamwork strategies to interact with them in order to keep our work efficient and maintain enthusiastic customer services. For example, when I am working with someone who is good at using a computer system to collect payments, I would focus primarily on the server role and dealing with customer issues. When I working with someone who is a new colleague and not familiar with tasks, I would take on a leadership role, implementing multitasking skills to coordinate tasks efficiently. Most importantly, I have to establish the right time to call more dishes in different situations, avoiding mistakes, which could cause food waste. For instance, during lunchtime, I have needed to call for new pans of dishes before half of the old
  more... dishes were gone. After dinnertime, I need to observe if more customers are coming to help me to make the decision. Finally, one hour before closing, I add cleaning and assisting in the kitchen to my tasks as well. Moreover, I am responsible for counting total cash at the end of the day and ensuring that two hundred dollars are left in the cash register. I also need to write a short and precise accounting report of the day’s profit for the employers.
The most important challenge for me was putting myself under pressure to do my best. For example, in the beginning, I became nervous about answering customers’ questions or controlling portions when serving food. At first, of course, I made many mistakes, which resulted in strained body languages unqualified customer service. Therefore, to address these problems as quickly as I could, I tried to play customer and server role game with my friends to practice how to explain menu details and how to answer common questions with a smile and at a moderate and confidence volume. Besides, I requested for guidance on portion sizes of each choice from my bosses and observed the correct portions carefully so that I could practice at home. Luckily, due to this important practice, I gradually adapted to having a conversation with customers easily and getting dishes fairly and quickly from the second month of work the term.
Through nearly three months of’ excellent work experience, I learned many informative tips and strategies to complete tasks efficiently and build positive relationships with customers and colleagues. Furthermore, As a full-time worker, I always worked with several different part-time colleagues in a day, and I had to find the best way to work with them to enhance work efficiency.
Cashier and Server (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB25 October 2018
A typical day working here was getting all the food prepared and placed out front and getting all the tools ready so that we're ready to serve anyone who wanted to eat. When a client has ordered, we built our guest's plates with the proper serving sizes, we offered them a drink, and we finally got to the cash so they could pay for their meal. Working here was really fun at times, but boring at other times. When it was near lunch and supper time, it was more enjoyable because the time went by faster. When we weren't serving anybody, the time felt as if it was frozen. Throughout this experience, I learned how to properly serve people, I learned how to work the cash, and I learned how to count money sort of quickly. The manager was really nice and took good care of the staff. The hardest part of the job was remembering what utensils went with which tray of food, and the easiest part of the job was handling the beverages. I most enjoyed talking and seeing new people from different places.
Pros
Get a meal for 2$ or get your tips.
Cons
Long days if not busy
People are very kind
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 October 2018
People are very kind and help me a lot there. When I work there at the first time, I made some mistakes and they didn't mean to me. They will answer every questions you asked.
OK to work..
Server /Assistant and Cash Register Clerk (Current Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC24 June 2018
boss is never there... My work experience at Manchu WOK, Café Bar Cortina allowed me to interact with sales, clientele, place orders, prepare foods for customers and learn all aspects of food preparations. Main functions were to take orders, handle cash register, and handle credit card payments / authorizations and the cleanliness of the establishment. I learned to deal with the many different types of clients in French, English and Italian.
Fun and respectful enviroment
SERVER/CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC10 June 2018
It was a very fun and enjoyable place to work at. I still love it there because of all the great people i work with. Treated with respect and honest.Food is also great and the customers that I usually serve to are very respectful. I love working with food.
Pros
Free lunches and treated with mutual respect
Cons
not enough hours per week
Review of Manchu Wok
Part-Time Seasonal Food Server (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 March 2018
Overall, Manchu Wok was a great place to work. I learned a lot within the short time I was there and was able to create opportunities for myself, as well as make connections with new people and gain work experience.
Friendly owners/managers. Overall good work experiencd
Cashier and Server (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB28 March 2018
I enjoyed working there.it was fun and employers and employees were very friendly. It was an easy job. Not much else to say. Only filing this out because mandatory.
Good food specialy coz meal is free for employees
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB11 January 2018
It’s a fun olace to work.
You’ll get to meet different types of people which I find as a challenge since some are irrate at the same time I get to practice my skill in handling them. Boss is good and they helped me with my Permanent Residency. Working hours is good for making money.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Same day off every week
good but needed improvement
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS11 January 2018
usually my shift starts around 5 and finish around 9, not very busy work but requires high efficiency while working. the working place is clean but the space is small,limited
n/a
Cashier and counter helper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 January 2018
It is a simple job. I meet nice people right there, and nice manager. Nothing difficult and food is good. I enjoy the job. If you work for a long time, it is boring.
A good work place
Counter Staff (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 November 2017
• Take food orders quickly and handle cash accurately, resulting in positive customer feedback
• Efficiently collaborate with a team of four to provide each customer with prompt service
good
Sale Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  British Columbia6 November 2017
boss is nice. other peoples are nice too. pays on time. not much work load, but sometimes get pretty busy too. need to get use to the cafe smell. otherwise not bad.
Great environmnet
Serving and Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ON27 October 2017
It is a great place to work, very fast environment as it is always busy and works culture is also professional. I have learned to serve and handling issues with the customers. Face to face interaction with different communities of people.
fast pase work environment
Sales Worker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 October 2017
it is working in a very fast-paced environment. I need to face different customers every minute every day. I can not make mistake often when I was working.
Learn know how to cook
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 September 2017
I learn know how to prep food and cook food in the kitchen and serve to customers.
End of the day clean the Wok stove clean the equipments and the floor.
Pros
free lunch