Mammoth Employee Reviews

productive time only
Electrician II Panel Builder (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MO25 October 2017
The job I held was just fine, the shift I worked was great. This was an opportunity to stay away from politics and concentrate on the task at hand. Unfortunately, The good ol' boys from days spend more time blaming the night shift about every mistake that was made. Special rules for special people was rampant.

Mammoth hired a new Director of Operations who turned a loosing company to a profit making business. Quality and morale increased and the day shift ring of good ol' boys was broken up. For some unknown reason the higher management fired this man and the old ways came back into play where quality was poor and the day group re-established itself.
Pros
Work on the second shift was great, No pressure environment.
Cons
Politics were at its worse. Not apart of the crowd, no chance of advancement.
Fun ambassadorship
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  New York, NY28 August 2017
This is a cool hip workplace. All you need to do as an ambassador is email your submissions to them and once its posted you get compensated. You also can get compensated depending on how many new ambassadors you bring in. There are also fun competitions.
Pros
work on your own time
Cons
no pay
Lay-back, fun but serious.
Backstage security (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO6 August 2017
You get to meet great people and it's lay-back the most part, but it's serious when it comes to doing the job. You need to be serious and must follow the rules strictly.
Pros
Free drinks sometimes, easy job.
Cons
Very unstable schedule, long nights, unstable pay.
Very good company
Sheet metal 2 (Former Employee) –  Holland, MI15 July 2017
It was a very good company the boses were awesome and a hoy to work with. It was unfortunate that this company shut down to relocate. If they were still oprn i would still be there
clean fun work place
Sheet Metal Worker (Former Employee) –  Holland, MI13 February 2017
this was a clean place to work. work flow varied sometimes would be very busy other times would have nothing to do. they decided to combine my plant and another plant and move them to mexico.
Thought it was a good place to work
Break and shear operator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MO1 November 2016
I though it was a good place to work but then the closed and let everyone go so I did like the work but I did not like how they just fired everyone with very little warning
Productive and learning environment
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MN19 July 2016
Best part about my job is being on a different unit/ area frequently. New units means new things to learn. typical day in the field is 10 hours or more. We trouble-shoot mechanical and control issues. working through the electrical print is a must know how. Co-workers have been doing this for 30 years plus and have a lot to offer. When not in the field I am in the office answering calls for tech support from technicians around the country working on our units. Frequently have to pull up the electrical prints on my computer and walk the technician through our electrical system
Pros
Different jobs frequently
Cons
Travel @ 8 months a year
Great peers to work with
Electrical assembler (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MO23 February 2016
Great pay and overtime. Guys on the floor were goal oriented. Information that may not have been on the blueprints were passed along to the next work station.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Lack of support by management
Great peers to work with
Electrical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MO23 February 2016
Peers were goal oriented. Everyone on the floor worked well together by providing information that may not have been given in the blueprints.
Pros
One15 minute break, one 10 minute and a 30 minute lunch
Cons
Layoffs
Was a great company before Nortek bought it
Brake Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MO3 November 2015
Corporate greed, was the downfall of this business. They were bought by Nortek, we weren't making them enough money, so they closed the plant down. Before that, it was actually a good place to work. Every business has good and bad about it, and in my humble opinion, the good out weighed the bad. True some of the management decisions were questionable, but the environment as a whole was good. We built large HVAC units that went on top of big buildings or on the sides of schools or offices, and we were all very good at our jobs. We got bought by a company in minnesota, and they shut us down because we were costing them money. Pay could have been better, but you got more than enough overtime to compensate for it. Most folks there were awesome co workers, but there were a few bad apples that tended to spoil the barrel. I'll miss this place, and I will never buy a nortek product, and will encourage everyone I can to do the same.
Pros
great people
Cons
nortek came along and shut them down.
Great Product
electrician al panel builder (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MO8 October 2015
I worked for Mammoth, Inc for about 4 years. The job was to the point as I specialized in electrical panel work.

A typical day was to come in and get the latest communications or instructions for the tasks I had to complete or work on.

Learning something was occasional since the job required following blueprints and specifications.

Management was completely disorganized to the point it closed down the plant. There was no clear goal except to get the product out the door at any cost. Favoritism ran the rules as there were no set rules, such as a handbook which would outline them.

My co-workers on my shift were the best. I have only good things to say about that group.

The hardest part about the job was the disorganization and the buddy system.

The most enjoyable part of this job was again, interaction with my fellow workers and the job I was assigned to do.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Buddy along with weekends at work, No clear mission, Undue stress due to the lack of planning, The buddy system which gave certian people extra privilages, Little to no raizes.
Flexible work enviroment
Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MN29 September 2015
Intense work environment. People were knowledgeable about their product and worked with you to teach their company system. System needed tweaking to increase efficiency.
very long hours
electrical designer (Former Employee) –  eden prarie mn1 September 2015
good job experience. Got to learn all about electrical design. Work day was either very busy or very slow. way to much paper work.
Good company until they higher guys up had them move to Mexico
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Holland, MI22 August 2015
They were a great shop to work for and they always let you try new jobs.

Check parts over to make sure everything was where it was suppose to be and then shrink wapped parts.

Management was fair to everyone in the whole shop and the hardest part of the job is when you run out of parts and then you have to wait for that order to get there.

Being able to get along with everyone made the job go real fast.
ok place to work
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MO23 July 2015
The company has issues, in the managment area. Advancment is not at a high level, they do like to move personnel around. working with the personal within the company is great.
Pros
steady work, lots of overtime
Cons
Management level not so good
Close working group of people with similar goals.
Sr. Buyer (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MN21 July 2015
The better percent of the day is spent reviewing, maintaining, and processing orders. There are several meeting during the day, including plant production and engineering questions with time for quoting. Working with engineering on a highly different HVAC production line with constant changes can be a bit of a challenge. This can also make for an interesting day and never boring job.
Pros
healthcare is good
Cons
some travel to Missouri
Good people, not so good upper managment
CNC Programmer / IT Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MO7 July 2015
Great job, Fun people. Upper management killed the business. The business didn't run smooth at all. To many management changes not getting the right things done.
Pros
401k, Healthcare, Dental, Vision
Cons
good atmospher and quality co-workers.
Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MN3 June 2015
Good atmosphere and quality co-workers. Twenty-Five years here have given a wide range of responsibilities and experiences. I do like the variety of the job and working with suppliers and engineering. Flexible hours have made it easier for personal appointment and outside activities.

I work mostly with engineering in the facility I work in, but buy for the manufacturing facility in another state. Not being able to be on the floor in the mfg facility is sometimes a challenge, but good communications and daily web-X meeting help with the working through any problem situations.
Used to be a good company
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MN3 June 2015
The company/brand has effectively been shut down, so a review does not provide much benefit to anyone now. It was good to work here before the closure.
Always something different to do
Assembler (Current Employee) –  springfield, mo18 May 2015
After insuring my work group had all the PPE they need to work safely we started the assembly of the units that were needing to be done. This for me meant delegating responsibilities to my fellow employees after reviewing the blue prints. This was followed by everyone gathering the tools need to accomplish each task. I often times searched for parts and made sure all was well to keep production moving. setting components to the print and allowing my team members to work with little interruptions for measuring and fabrications.
Working with the team I have is pretty fun most of the time I am able to make decisions and define a positive morale for the start of the day. The biggest challenge of this job is keeping the team focused on the many new task that come up every few minutes form more then one boss.
I not being the supervisor had to allow people on my team to be pulled from task at hand to complete something the boss wants done on something completely unrelated. When these things come up I am also expected to keep the team member or members task oriented. Ensuring they had all the tools, parts and prints to complete said task.
The best part of this the people.
Pros
fast, challenging, get to do some welding, the paycheck.
Cons
To many bosses, Management doesn't know anything about efficiency. Doors are closing for good by the end of the year