MakLoc Buildings Inc Employee Reviews

Not a nice place to work
Journeyman Welder (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB18 November 2018
I work here a few years ago and after reading recent reviews, i was sad to read they are still the same.
There practice is to intimidate, yell, belittle you.
You will never be fast enough to please them.

There use to be a sign when you walk into the shop
" quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten". It should have said "This has to be done now".
After a year the stress of it was to much and i walked out.
Pros
Good guys to work with
Cons
Abusive foreman
4 March 2019

MakLoc Buildings Inc has a zero tolerance bullying and harassment policy in place to mitigate these types of situations. We are working hard on training all supervisors and managers to ensure fair treatment of our employees..

good company
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 November 2018
Tough company to expand your career due to the fact that the Calgary branch was turned into a sales office only and did not control schedule on current projects
4 March 2019

MakLoc Buildings Inc would like to thank you for your feedback. Employee feedback is very important to us and helps us to improve all aspects of our company.

Iron fist
Management (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB6 November 2018
I feel like I’ve stepped back in time to an era where senior management rules with an iron fist and berates, Shames, intimidates employees in an attempt to get better production. Tip... it doesn’t work! At all! Office moral is low, there is no feeing of team, very little respect to employees, not enough positive coaching & mentoring if you are new to the industry. And if you’re an experienced professional who has been in the industry for a while already The hall monitoring and mircomanagement (in extremely unproductive and inefficient ways) will be tough to put up with. The amount of time and money wasted in meetings and tasks to appease uppers is not conducive to well managed projects. And it is really evident that the mentally, treatment of employees and trying to save a buck in places that don’t matter is stifling this companies success and is almost unbearable to watch.
Cons
Moral, treatment of employees
4 March 2019

Thank you for your review on working with MakLoc Buildings Inc. MakLoc has a zero tolerance policy for any type of beratement, shame, bullying or harassment. We are working hard and diligently with all of our staff to enforce this policy. Our Human Resource department has taken your input into consideration and is working with Senior Management to address the issues presented.

Stay far away from this place!
Welder (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB3 November 2018
I was a former welder in Nisku, safety is a joke ( there’s no safety) and management just pushes for production!! Don’t get me wrong I like to stay busy at work but there’s proper ways of talking to your staff . They talk to you like a piece of GARBAGE!! And bird dog you the whole time. Staff morale was so bad Worst job I ever had . The best thing that ever happened to me there is they layed me off 👍
4 March 2019

MakLoc Buildings Inc. is working continuously with all staff to ensure that they are treated with respect and dignity. Your review will assist us in implementing required changes.

stay away
Building Erector (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB30 October 2018
management is a joke. quilted into working long hours.
pushed and pushed every job. never good enough.
always something wrong with even the simpliest buildings.
Pros
free lunch once a month
Cons
yo many to list
4 March 2019

Thank you for providing this information. MakLoc Buildings Inc. is working hard to improve on all aspects of our employee relationships. Our Human Resources department has taken your input into consideration and is utilizing this information for improvement within our departments.

It was okay
Journeyman Welder (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB18 October 2018
It was okay working as a welder/fitter on night shift. They had us working five 12 hour shift. After 3 months of nights and no chance of switching to day shift that I had been requesting for 3 months I gave my notice.
Pros
Nisku location close location to Leduc.
Cons
To many 12 hour shifts on Nights
4 March 2019

Thank you for taking the time to advise us of your experience. MakLoc Buildings Inc. thanks you for your feedback

Stay away
Welder (Former Employee) –  Morinville, AB11 October 2018
Stay away. The people who work here are ok, but managment likes to yell and scream at you. They like to use fear and intimidation to keep workers alive. And no matyer how fast you are, managment is always breath8hg down your neck for more production. No work/life balance. They will guilt trip you into working overtime, no matter what you have going on at home.
4 March 2019

Thank you for your review on MakLoc Buildings Inc. MakLoc is always striving to improve our employee culture. MakLoc does have a zero tolerance policy regarding bullying and harassment, and we encourage employees to approach their supervisor, human resources or safety representative with concerns.

Been welding for 15 years the worst shop I’ve been in
Welder/Fitter (Former Employee) –  Welder and foreman9 June 2018
They run there business on fear and intimidation .you get screamed at in front of others.poorly managed.they always try the banked hours instead of paying over time .if your sick 1 time doctors note and want to know why .who ever wrote the good reviews are the managers what a jole
Pros
Cons
Alot
4 March 2019

MakLoc Buildings Inc. is very appreciative of your input. MakLoc pays overtime for all hourly staff as per Employment Standards Legislation. We are working hard to enforce our zero tolerance policy on bullying and harassment. We are continually striving to improve our culture and the working environment at MakLoc.

Nice place to work
Crating (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB20 March 2018
It has been are very long time since I worked there but i did have an enjoyable time. They were my first job after moving to Alberta and I liked the job.
Great company and co workers
Journeyman Shop/Field Structural Fitter & Welder (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB21 January 2018
Excellent place to work. Great management and employees. High quality of workmanship. Good benefits and above average compensation. Would definitely recommend any skilled worker to accept a position if offered.
4 March 2019

Thank you very much for your feedback and review. We always appreciate the input.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MakLoc Buildings Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

MakLoc Buildings Inc Reviews by Location