MAKITA CANADA INC

MAKITA CANADA INC Employee Reviews

Canada16 reviews
terrible management no room to move or acknowledgement of skills in relation to pay. family to work life balance is good but they are stuck in the sme way of working as 35 years ago
Pour upper management and micro managed company..bad bad bad bad poor poor bad poor terrible terrible bad poor communication bad management poor poor bad bad
Pros
Cons
Lots
Environnement de travail agréable et paisible. Plusieurs tâches à effectuer limite l'ennuis.
Working at Makita was a nice interesting task as I was responsible for packing various power tools into boxes and other packaging. It was also my responsibility to peel and label boxes with product images to allow the consumer to know what power tool set was in the box.
In terms of management or at least to who I reported to you had to develop a sense of perfectionism (almost) or you could end up sensing the tension of getting the floor manager mad at making slight to few mistakes. There is little room for error and for good cause because each tool set must contain the right amount of each item, meaning that nothing should be left over after you finished a batch/ order. The good thing for me though, was that I rarely made mistakes and caught on real quick and was on good terms (most of the times) with the floor manager.

In terms of workplace culture as a picker/ packer it's fairly decent but not a whole bunch of people to hang with at break/ lunch though as a picker/ packer (probably different in the office). Majority of the workers that I worked with were respectful.

Hardest part of the job- repetitive task lifting some heavy boxes (if your strong it's not to bad and it also depends on the batch/order your doing).

Most enjoyable part- even though I was hired by a temp agency I had fairly consistent work.
Stressful environment to work with different system to learn on the spot.
Workday is fine for 5 days a week 8 hrs per day.

Management is generous esp on special occasion.

Listen to the yelling of the associate whenever there is an error that can be fix instantly.

Close to home.
not a fun place too work very hot in warehouse in summer do not give you water breaks push you to much and ask for more but short staff on workers
Pros
37.5 hour week
Cons
too hot and over worked
Horrible place stay away upper management does not know anything too much pushing issues under the rug and too much micro managing . Bad bad horrible horrible
Pros
37.5 hours week
Cons
Hot hours un fit warehouse
Unless they up the anti stay clear of this organization .The tools are expensive to buy yet they pay 17 an hour to start to fix them .Was looking for a change of pace but not working there thanks but no thanks
Pros
A job
Cons
Near minimum wage to start
General labourer, nothing special about it, just not paid a living wage. It is also impossible to go from temp to permanent position, and even then its near impossible to get a raise or promotion.
Pros
Long breaks, great management, great team
Cons
Impossible to move up or get raise
Managed products
Managed sportswear line

Organized trips

Shelf display

Set up trade shows

Assisted marketing manager / sales

Co-op advertising administrator
Pros
Working independently
Cons
workplace culture
Good company, salary, benfit it just to bad they moved the order desk back to H. Q, Whitby Ont., would have retired with them, now I sersearching for a night shift preferably data entry.
A lot of things are pushed under the rug. Completely disorganised at times. The good thing about the job is getting into the groove of the work. Warehouse people are much better, but they have their own problems, aside from the procedural stuff. Most supervisors are good. Upper management is something else.

Most people have great personalities, but there are some who drag others down intentionally and it ruins the work environment.

Makita is a company that rides on the coattail of their reputation ... I wonder what will happen in 5-10 years. It's pretty disheartening how they will ask the workers for ways to improve when it's as simple as hiring people in management that are actually qualified, and not just because they are liked or because they've worked there for a long time ... they should actually know how to do their job. If they are failing, they should be given a notice of discipline, and if they continue to fail after that, they should be fired or demoted.

Their company software is also severely outdated. I've worked in offices which are much smaller but much more efficient because of their software.

Pay is sub-par. No room for growth. Stay there for `1-3 yrs, get your experience, and find something else, lest you want to be a lifer and work for a company that can't keep up and will ultimately fail you.
Pros
Customers are great. Most people you work with are easy to get along with. Very laid back.
Cons
Overall, extremely unprofessional.
In the 16 years i have been at Makita, i have not been offered any advancement so i believe it is time to move on. This is not a bad place to work, just unfair.
Pros
good hours
Cons
unorganized
Good working environment with great support from staff and management. Lots of product knowledge with proper training
Pros
Monday to Friday
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities
Picking orders, checking orders, helping others with their work, printing labels, making skids, product count checking.
All about warehousing.

Followed management requests.

Teaching new employees about the work we did in the warehouse, learning from my co-workers.

I like steady work the times when there was no work was boring.

The most enjoyable part of the day was learning new work. I am a very fast learner.
Pros
people
Cons
2 years been a temp
In my short time here while doing a placement, they had me involved with learning their BPCS system, warehouse control, and internal/international purchasing. The fellow employees who work there are receptive to newcomers and always willing to lend a hand when you need it. The environment is calm, quiet and productive.
Pros
punctual in/out times, clean work environment, friendly people
Ask a question about working or interviewing at MAKITA CANADA INC. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6