MakerKids

MakerKids Employee Reviews

Canada3 reviews

Flexible work hours and rewarding teaching experience. Full online training.

Management cares about having teachers that are good with kids. Tech experience is a plus that can be leveraged to improve everyone else's performance but being adaptable and reliable is most important. Staff socials are always fun and the staff culture is receptive to feedback. The hardest part of the job is solving client technical issues remotely but there is available assistance from front desk during your shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job is the moment when a kid says "ohhh! I get it now!" after you have explained/demonstrated a new concept.

Pros

Working from home (virtual classes)

Cons

Technical training through videos is usually draining but manageable.

okay experience over all

It was a good learning opportunity with kids. However, management is very unorganized. They were not consistent at all with hours. Training was barely provided, a lot of the things you will need to ask yourself. However, content is quite cool to teach kids.

Fun work environment, none stop learning.

During the short time I have worked, so far I can say the experience has been great. The most enjoyable part so far has been seeing the creativity of the children and the things they can come up with. Wether it be in the creation of a game they are trying to create or what they can create in the sandbox games (minecraft). A typical day consists of teaching the children one of a few coding softwears, as well as helping them threw their difficulty’s as we progress throughout the day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MakerKids. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement