MaKami College

MaKami College Employee Reviews

productive and fun work place

is so productive , positive energy work place, diversity ,I like learning more and being able to improve in my work , and have more neology and do more courses ,

Brutal curriculum and pathetic management

Check the curriculum out in the Business admin and the master Instructor program, it is poor. One does not even have to teach to make it through the Master Instructor Program. The Business Admin program is thin at best and students gain very little real world skills. Management has no appetite for improvement.

Great people. Joyful tightknit team environment.

Tutor lab is tight knit, joyful place to work. The team is skilled, smart and funny. They work for the outcome rather than the income and are passionate about students growth.

Pros

Room for internal growth, set schedule, great team

Cons

If uniforms or corporate team building bugs you, this isn’t the place for you.

The CEO has questionable ethics. The company's upper mgmt have multiple harassment cases. I would not recommend working at MaKami.

I highly suggest not working for this company... I had to leave as I felt the CEO and management had questionable ethics. Hours were not flexible. They punished for being late, but no reward for staying late. No benefits and pay was below average. Culture was young and friendly but managers and executive were not easy to work with.

Pros

Cons

Low pay and no benefits, managers do not have your back.

all good

well taught and good teachers 2 days a week class intense teaching enough time to study books you get an ipad air the cousre is expensive but fair and there is help when you need it

Great learning institute

Makami's vision and the staff that follow it were a great asset in starting my career as an RMT. i am very grateful for the people i met and learnt from there and i hope to get on bored there again one day.

Good people but sometimes narrow in focus.

I was paid in practicum hours though I mostly worked as a learning assistant. Supervisors were really supportive and kind. In general, the College needs to improve the breadth of curriculum and do more to help employees and students with special needs.

Unethical 'school'

This college is the most disorganized place of work I have ever been involved with. The unethical standards they have at this school makes employees wonder how they are allowed to receive students, let alone provide certificates that involve the health and wellbeing of others. Make no mistake; this place is handled like a business, not a school that aims to have students succeed and be knowledgeable in their area. If a student pays their fees, they WILL receive a certificate with VERY little expectation of competency.

Good

Very Good 8 month practicum placement for Health Care Aides. 1 year program. Four months of classroom work and 8 months of practicum. This makes it easier to find work.

Terrible place to work

This is a terrible place to work. Management is horrible especially the CEO. If she doesn’t like you you are done she finds a way to get rid of you.

Pros

Most of the instructors

Cons

Management, pay, Ceo

Most teachers are awesome

Needs better management. Mostly teachers are what make it run and management ruins it making it toxic. They need a manager who knows what they are doing instead of micro managing acting like they can be fully in charge and won’t take advice from anyone.

Pros

Great team of most teachers

Cons

Need new manager

felt like home

This place felt like home to me - alot of support wherever you go. Some of the most amazing people you will ever meet work here and i was blessed to be a part of the family even for a short while. I would go back to work here in a heart beat.

Ok place to work.

The staff there are great and fun to work with. Management can be difficult professionally but are very understanding of work/life balance. Students are by far the best part of the job.

Pros

Fun environment

Cons

Curriculum

Absolutely a horrible experience

The worst working environment I have ever been exposed to. For the 30,000 that students pay for their education at MaKami you would expect a professional instructing staff. Not the case. Most of the instructors have only graduated from MaKami college with no other education and most certainly no experience in massage. This allows management the ability to manipulate these individuals as these employees are more like sheep. Oh management lies to the government about qualifucations of their instructors as to maintain their license.

Cons

Constantly being lied to about everthying from hours to curriculum.

Why is this company always hiring the same positions over & over?

From someone who is on this site on the regular, Makami continually hires for the same positions....is it that horrible of a place to work that people bail right away? The turnover is crazy

Very informative

They are a wonderful school all the teachers are wonderful and skilled RMT's. Most of the teachers are RMT's but some just specialize in the field they teach.

Office politics & stressful says that come home with you

An extremely stressful environment with no support from direct management/upper management to do great, helpful work. Management is concerned about themselves and will pass blame onto any staff member that is 'below' them, regardless on whether that staff member is in their department or not. Many wonderful staff have left because of the office politics and how they were treated by management. This has affected the staff dynamic and overall work environment; its not of the same quality from when I began my employment when it felt much more like a family. No health benefits. The mission of the school has so much potential, but unfortunately is non-existent based on current management.

Pros

Coworkers, Students

Bad bad place

Makami college is for better words a zoo. If you have opinions on how to better your department or any ideas on how things could be run better. You gotta keep that to yourself because your so micro managed, by the CEO assistant down to security. Your voice does not matter. You will be watched and listened at all times. There are people who listen and report back to high management in all departments.Watch staff come and go because no one stays there because it is awful. I pity the students that go there.

Pros

One free massage per month

Cons

Micro management, no benefits, constant staff turn around

Run the other way!

. Terrible place to work. Managers have no ethics and stab you in the back. NO SECURITY! Huge turnover and managers are spiteful and uneducated! They use you for what they can get and you get no support. They lie upon hiring about the culture. MOST IMPORTANTLY.. these programs do not allow immigrants to get a work visa after completion!!! Leaving students with no money, wasted time and having to go back to their country after all the money spent. Disgusting company

Pros

Cons

Too many to name

you get what you give

they try to give but they definitly take alot more than they give. so in the end you get what you give when you study and work there. work hard and ignore everything that distracts you and you will get what you give

Be warned by the high turnover rate

Terrible management, but the pay is alright. They refuse to fire terrible people and everyone just gets sick of them and leaves. You could not pay me enough to work here again. Also they offer no benefits at all.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Bad management, increasing stressful, no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MaKami College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement