Major Tom Employee Reviews

Love my team
Developer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 October 2018
I really respect and appreciate my coworkers at Major Tom. We take our work seriously and support each other as often as possible. We take pride and ownership over the sites we build.

Major Tom as a whole is still a very new company (comprised of previously sister companies 6s Marketing and Drive Digital) so processes are still being refined but I feel like we're on the right path.
Pros
beer on fridays, video games at lunch, brand new office
Cons
half hour lunch break
An inspiring team with lots of opportunity for growth
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2017
The people I work with are some of the best I've worked with in my career. Every day, I am inspired by the talented team members who have become some of my closest friends.

The culture at 6S is exactly what I want and need from a company. There is a focus on creating a very transparent and honest workplace, and the integrity and openness of the leadership team makes 6S a leader in its industry.

At 6S, we're encouraged to pursue continued education and personal development. The company really believes in investing in people, and it shows.
Great place to work, and with talented people
Paid Search Strategist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2017
I love the fact that it's a very laid back environment. The people here are fun and really talented at what they do. It's got that start up sort of feel to it which is a nice change coming from larger companies. Very good work-life balance here, with the opportunity to work from home once a week and the hours are really flexible. There's also a lot of other good perks like beers on Fridays, healthy snacks available, etc. Their offices are also in prime locations (Toronto, Vancouver, LA, NY)
Pros
Flexible schedule, work from home once a week, healthy snacks available, great culture, good management
The Healthiest Place I've Ever Worked
Operations (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2017
Amazing culture where people truly care about one another and want you to succeed in and outside of work. Ethical and genuine leadership, talented employees, gorgeous offices in Vancouver, Toronto, NYC and LA, successful and growing fast ...what more could you ask for really?!

Nowhere is perfect...managing growth and all that comes with - processes are fluid and can be defined more clearly. That said, it's a great opportunity for people who are looking to make their mark on a growing business.
Great Place to Work!
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 September 2016
6S is one of Canada's largest digital marketing companies. The employees and management team are very supportive and we highly value work-life balance! 6Sers are genuinely happy to work here as we take care of each other. We are growing so the opportunities to progress within the company are very good as well.
A Driven Company with a Supportive Culture
Senior Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2016
Since I began with 6s Marketing I've been nothing but impressed by my peers and the culture of the business. 6s prioritizes the comradery and contentment of its staff, and where able, invests its own time and resources back into them. Talent seems to be built at 6s, and they seem well aware that loyalty is made through internal development rather than buying external talent.

The culture is also very accommodating to differing life stages amongst its staff. They're aware life happens, that everyone grows, and they never make you feel guilty or vulnerable about having to rearrange priories when it does. There's very much a family atmosphere here.

That isn't to say there aren't areas to improve with the business, nobody's perfect. Formalization can still be a little off-the-cuff, and while this isn't necessarily a bad thing, and isn't lost on the senior staff, those who come from larger, more bureaucratic companies might be made nervous by the improvisational approach to some of the day-to-day operations.

The staff body is also quite small, objectively. I and others may see this as a positive, adding to the family atmosphere, but it may dissuade those more familiar with larger operations. Growth is always being prioritized, though, and we've recently expanded offices to New York, Los Angeles, and our Toronto office is still very fresh. Lots of ground-floor opportunity here.

With that, I would recommend 6s Marketing to anyone either presently in or showing interest in the agency world of marketing. It's been a joy so far, everyone's very talented and supportive, and
  more... I say this as a dry, skeptical analyst. I'm not so easily impressed, but 6s has made me want to support them as much as they have me.  less
Pros
Lots of growth potential, work/life flexibility
Cons
Smaller company, informal operational structure
Great place to work with great people.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 September 2016
Nice to work somewhere that invests as much in its people as it does in its business. Intelligent, ethical, and supportive people top to bottom. Fast paced but not stressful. Voted Top-Company to work for in BC multiple times for a reason.

A really great place to work.
Pros
Great people and culture. Invests in staff and business. Transparent.
Cons
None that I can think of.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Major Tom. Our community is ready to answer.

4.9