Major Drilling

Major Drilling Employee Reviews

Coring good percussive terrible
Coring is an excellent organized group.
The new percussive division is an absolute joke, needs management adjustments they will lie and definitely do not care about the company.
Steer clear from this world-wide low budget company
Right from day one I knew this company had no regard for it's workers. They will hire you and keep you waiting for months on end to start work. Once your working you could be laid off at any given time.. there is no job security. The wage is terrible, the bonus is a big lie - infact they have taken back overpayment of bonus out of regular wages (illegal!!) the drills are in terrible shape and leave oil,grease, and fuel all over drill sites, then you get written up for it! There is a huge turnover rate, they will hire drug addicts over paying proper wages. The devoted do get the short end of the stick that is for sure, iv seen it, try to fix an issue and you will have it pinned on you. The workplace morale is absolutely horrendous. The company vehicles are not in road-worthy condition yet are expected to be there for emergency e-vac purposes from worksites. There is no reason why anyone should work here, I wish i didn't have to put any stars.. so heed my warning about this company.
Good experience
Great people to work for and could be good money depends where you are put, the schedule is good for making money but not good for having a life outside of work
Bad management
If I could give the management negative stars I would. Management are liars and treat the guys like a number, take your bonus and write you up for any little thing. 6 years working for them and it’s gotten worse each year.
fun place to work at. good supervisors
The schedule is 5days 5nights 5off in sudbury
The schedule out of town is usually 28-14

When working out of town you eat in restaurants if staying in hotels or do groceries when staying at a house or apartment all free
Great company
Major Drilling is a great company to work for. The staff are very friendly and work incredibly hard to provide a nice work environment. I would recommend working here.
Great Workout, Wage allows for money to spare
Day to day activities make for a great workout
Experiences within company teach multiple transferable skills.

Hourly wage only slightly above minimum, however bonus and overtime puts income well above minimum and slightly above average.

Paid Training makes for easily entering mining sector in form of surface exploration.
Bunch of goofs in hr, and main supervisors
Can never get a straight answer, send you home from the middle of your tour in the wrong direction on a van, put u in the cheapest motel they can find. Expect you to still work for them. Safety supervisor will try screw you over any chance he gets. Hours are always not right. Can never make a simple plan and actually follow through with it.
Pros
Cons
Not enough room to type
Don't waste your time here. Trust me the grass is greener somewere esle.
WORSE COMPANY EVER TO WORK FOR .They don't care for the guys, they lie all the time, you can never get a straight answer. My hrs that I work are always wrong so constantly fighting for the hrs I worked , then you get paid but only straight time when it should be overtime.They don't pay travelling and the benefit s -might as well not get any because they are super expensive and when you need some days off from the doctors they deny you because it isnt covered. ANYONE GOES AND WORKS FOR THEM DON'T. Go to Tim Horton's you will make more money.TRUE STORY and working 8 months out of the year you have a hard time making 80000. If your looking for bonus look elsewhere - $20.00 a day.
Pros
Cons
Lying all the time from bosses to head office, layoffs, bullying, harrassment, favortism, poor accomodations, not paid for traveling or per dime
Mostly good guys - the odd moron who has ocd lol 😂
I love working for Major! Winnipeg Branch rocks ;-) Manager is cool and not a fossil! Lol 😝 HR are very friendly and helpful with fast response rate
Pros
Travel across the world 🌍, Overtime hours lol
Cons
Depends on the person. Time away from Everything!
worked with some of my best friends.We took care of each other underground.
overall the best thing about working for the company was the guys i worked with .Had 2 really good shift bosses but upper management and HR department needed alot of work.All though we are advancing with new equipment and ideas management was still stuck in the 50's using fear tactics and yelling like we were children. The guys were great and moral was alright but even after seven years felt like just a number.The wage that they paid was the same as it was in 1980.
Pros
Worked with some great guys. Job was challenging.
Cons
Humain resource department was a joke they were not there to help employees only management.
Fun workplace
Great at making sure everything and everyone is safein the workforce. Lots of machines to drive. the hours are great 12 hours which is long but excellent pays.
Pros
In town
Cons
Hot in clothing
Garbage equipment, terrible pay
They make the job sound so good before you accept the job. Get there and the equipment is in terrible condition, which is a big problem when you are getting paid per meter drilled. When not drilling there is an hourly wage but they dont pay overtime. Apparently because you get paid per meter but when none of the drills run the whole time you're there you get paid straight time only. Safety culture is also terrible. Saw some very sketchy and even illegal things happen while I was there for a short amount of time. I would never work for this company again.
Pros
Good guys to work with
Cons
Garbage equipment, low pay and unsafe work conditions
-typical day at work 8-5
- learned many of different things

- management was awesome

- wokeplace culture awesome

- enjoyable being around the people that work there
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great company to work for
The company and the guys were great to work with, you do your job they took care of you. Only reason I had to give up this job was its really physical and after time the repative motion in spoine it did damage and could not get out of bed one day.
Good pay good benefits long hours
I liked working for major drilling , it was one of the best places i've worked I liked the people I would always get good helpers that would make my job alot easier .
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Work far away from home
Productive workplace
I enjoy working for major drilling, I have learned a lot from the time I was hired, I am confident I can tackle any job as a driller help and get the job done safely and correctly
Pros
Working in the same town as my home
Cons
Job security
excellent place to work
task oriented
working collaboratively with cross shift

management was open problem solving

culture in the workplace is excellent

working night shift

supportive when in the field
Pros
bonus opportunities
Cons
being away from home
I had a very bad experience with this company.
Everyone is a number and they don't care about their employees. HR and management it seems are very unorganized and un informed. They value no ones input or opinions and are looking for robots that get told what to do. This was a good company to work a one point.
Le domaine du forage d'exploration. A été tranquille. Quelque d'année.
Bonne entreprise. Mais le domaine à tombe tranquille. La je me cherche quelque chose de plus stable
Pros
On voyage beaucoup
not a bad place depending on drilling locations
not a bad place to work some drilling locations were bad very little equipment maintenance done. long hours, some drillers were not good at their jobs and cause lots of bad experiences
Pros
decent shifts if your close to home
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Major Drilling. Our community is ready to answer.