MAJOR DRILLING INTERNATIONAL INC Employee Review

View all MAJOR DRILLING INTERNATIONAL INC reviews

A great place to work if you enjoy working long hours and make a good wage
Diamond Driller Helper/ 5th Man (Current Employee) –  NU19 October 2012
A typical day at work consist of a 12 hour day, a physically damanding day where your goal is to keep the drill running and drilling out as much core as possible with out damaging equipment. I have learned how to set up and what you have to do to get drilling. the management where great to work for and understanding. My co-workers changed all the time but they were good people from all over Canada. The hardest part of the job was being away from home for 3 to 6 weeks at a time. the most enjoyable part was the money and seeing different parts of Canada I would not of seen before.
Pros
money, hours, seeing different parts of canada, and learning new things
Cons
being away from home for long periods of time

Other MAJOR DRILLING INTERNATIONAL INC Employee Reviews

worked with some of my best friends.We took care of each other underground.
Diamond driller (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB6 September 2018
overall the best thing about working for the company was the guys i worked with .Had 2 really good shift bosses but upper management and HR department needed alot of work.All though we are advancing with new equipment and ideas management was still stuck in the 50's using fear tactics and yelling like we were children. The guys were great and moral was alright but even after seven years felt like just a number.The wage that they paid was the same as it was in 1980.
Pros
Worked with some great guys. Job was challenging.
Cons
Humain resource department was a joke they were not there to help employees only management.
Good pay good benefits long hours
Diamond driller (Former Employee) –  Canada20 September 2017
I liked working for major drilling , it was one of the best places i've worked I liked the people I would always get good helpers that would make my job alot easier .
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Work far away from home