Mainstreet Equity Corp Employee Reviews

just dont
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB20 February 2019
I know my experience there was a tad extream, but horrible culture.
I have to pay for too many things and get reimbursed on my checks. I did get it back though.
They couldnt run anything more than a popcorn machine if that
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 October 2018
Wouldnt work for them again lie about wage increase lie about help and lie about everything. If you like broken promises and being treated lower than dirt . Then that's a place for you. Dont expect opportunities to advance they keep as a cleaner or maintenance your that for life. STAY AWAY
Pros
What pros
Cons
Upper management is about as smart as a sack of bricks
Lacking culture and work ethic
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 June 2018
I found that all employees were not held to the same standards from upper management. The work culture is very lazy and no one take accountability for their own actions. I found it difficult to work there because of the lack of quality training and the amount of mistakes made by coworkers. Since the success of my job relied of how well other did theirs it was a very frustrating place to work. Also salaries were low and benefits were very low.
Pros
They give you a pay cheque
Cons
Everything else
safety and clean work
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 June 2018
the job was pretty easy, but we always had to do it with a safety standard rules, we learn about how to handle with cleaning industrial chemicals and team work was one of our first task.
an over worked workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 May 2018
Mainstreet is a fun place if you can sustain the work load and no corporate back up or help. You are on your own but are expected to deliver the highest results all the time. You even work on your off days
An excellent place to work
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 May 2018
One of the most open, fun loving and excellent organization to work with. Team members have freedom of action, freedom of open communication and space to share new ideas.
Beware
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK6 March 2018
This is a terrible company to work for. They demand the impossible from you then once they have gotten what they want they fire you for a bs reason. They have a high turn over rate and their management plays favorites. Don't waste your time, they will screw you the first chance they get.
Pros
Cheap rent, decent pay.
Cons
Bad management, high turn over rate.
nice group of people
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 October 2017
great people to work with
location of office is great
lots of diversity among the team
great team work
Monday to Friday work schedule
lots of opportunity for growth
Pros
great location
Cons
open concept office
R M (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 September 2017
Management is approachable and fun environment to work. Work is hectic but you will be provided with training and tools to deal with them. Good place to work in overall.
very unproductive place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 September 2017
totally poor management.poor pay,the benifits are poor they are cheap,the contractors that do renovations do a very poor job,the buildings are all run down,they dont care about safety or the tenants,all they care about is the rent,the insentive given for a vehical is low only covers fuel,not repairs,insurance etc.i would not recommend this company to anyone to work at
Pros
Cons
all the above
Productive and fun work place
Resident manger (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 September 2017
Fun place to work.
Great benefit
Great learning experience
Great team to work with
Lots of bonuses
Paid holidays and always advancement tomove up in the company
Pros
Great thank you parties for the hard work you do for the company
Special Projects Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 August 2017
Mainstreet is a great place for employees to gain experience and deal with every aspect of property management. Mainstreet gives a chance to the younger generation so that they can build their resume. For the time I was with mainstream I got a chance to be the special projects manager and deal with AHS on some issues. that experience helped em a lot to understand what my interests are and now I'm pursuing it full time.
enjoyable,family oriented,equal treatment,bosses are so nice.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 June 2017
This company is my second home,my second family. as a maintenance no pressure at all. Facility manager is so cool. he see to it that all his maintenance enjoys their job. a soft spoken guy who is always on hand when you needed him. people in head office (lam tower they are all smiling and greeted you when ever they see you. I don't have any problem with my Regional managers. my fellow maintenance,cleaners and landscapers. after a year off I came back without any hesitation with them. they accepted me happily. everybody helps each other as a one family... I'am proud to be a Mainstreet guy...!!!!! I love you guyzzzzz...........
Pros
equality, no pressure
Cons
on call.
Tension filled environment
Maintenance Plumber (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon saskatchewan21 April 2017
Poorly managed, and zero integrity, concern, or compassion for their employees, or tennants. Absolutely zero support for any of your day to day dutires, tasks, or workface.
You have to be good at multi-tasking
Employee (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 April 2017
Multi-tasking is an asset, responsible, team player. Salary is not bad but they need to appreciate people more, they need to make employees feel valued so people dont give the such bad reviews
Happy and great place
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 February 2017
A typical day at work is answering calls, checking emails, showing apartments, status of units or tenant issues, moving people in, collecting rents, checking buildings.
I learned and grew so much being offered such a great position for 2 years with Mainstreet. It gave me the confidence to build my own cleaning company. The culture is fun and hip and they do a lot for people and families that need a place that is affordable as well as allowijng pets. They have a lot of great offers and incentives and even working there allowed me to have an affordable place to work from home at times.
The hardest part was when I couldn't make everyone happy as some things where out of my hands with building issues or not being able to catch all 100 calls or so a day.
The most enjoyable part of this job was finding people a great place to call home.
Pros
incentives on living on site, great wages, room to grow with the company
Cons
Sometimes a bit to much work over a few days like month end, not being able to have things done asap for clients.
Good place to work, hectic work all day. Like working here.
Leasing agent Floater Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK23 January 2017
Good place to work, hectic work all day. Like working here. Nice team member all around, people from all nations works here.
Worst company to work with . its better to work with mcdonald than mainstreet
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 October 2016
Company is not care about there employee . they do not pay what they told you during interview. Position are change for every 15 days . no professionalism in the company
Pros
Not at all single pros
Cons
Work 24 /7, management nrver support you . salary is worst
An okay job
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 September 2016
Job is easy, if you like cleaning. Lots of tedious tasks, lots of lifting, and carrying items to and from place to place. It was an alright place to work and I did get along with the staff.
Pros
Good hours, Mon-Fri
Cons
Cleaning nasty stuff up
A great experience so far
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 February 2016
Working at Mainstreet has been a great experience. This company cares for their staff, and acknowledges the person who does a good job. People have moved up from different positions so there is a great scope of growing. It is a company of great opportunities. I have worked for multiple property management companies, with Mainstreet being the first and after leaving for just over a year, I was happy to come back and join the team again.
Pros
They treats everyone equally and it is easy to communicate with the Senior Management.
Cons
There is room for advancement as the company is constantly growing.