Mainstreet Equity Corp Employee Reviews

An excellent place to work
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 May 2018
One of the most open, fun loving and excellent organization to work with. Team members have freedom of action, freedom of open communication and space to share new ideas.
Beware
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK6 March 2018
This is a terrible company to work for. They demand the impossible from you then once they have gotten what they want they fire you for a bs reason. They have a high turn over rate and their management plays favorites. Don't waste your time, they will screw you the first chance they get.
Pros
Cheap rent, decent pay.
Cons
Bad management, high turn over rate.
nice group of people
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 October 2017
great people to work with
location of office is great
lots of diversity among the team
great team work
Monday to Friday work schedule
lots of opportunity for growth
Pros
great location
Cons
open concept office
R M (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 September 2017
Management is approachable and fun environment to work. Work is hectic but you will be provided with training and tools to deal with them. Good place to work in overall.
very unproductive place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 September 2017
totally poor management.poor pay,the benifits are poor they are cheap,the contractors that do renovations do a very poor job,the buildings are all run down,they dont care about safety or the tenants,all they care about is the rent,the insentive given for a vehical is low only covers fuel,not repairs,insurance etc.i would not recommend this company to anyone to work at
Pros
Cons
all the above
Productive and fun work place
Resident manger (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 September 2017
Fun place to work.
Great benefit
Great learning experience
Great team to work with
Lots of bonuses
Paid holidays and always advancement tomove up in the company
Pros
Great thank you parties for the hard work you do for the company
Special Projects Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 August 2017
Mainstreet is a great place for employees to gain experience and deal with every aspect of property management. Mainstreet gives a chance to the younger generation so that they can build their resume. For the time I was with mainstream I got a chance to be the special projects manager and deal with AHS on some issues. that experience helped em a lot to understand what my interests are and now I'm pursuing it full time.
enjoyable,family oriented,equal treatment,bosses are so nice.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 June 2017
This company is my second home,my second family. as a maintenance no pressure at all. Facility manager is so cool. he see to it that all his maintenance enjoys their job. a soft spoken guy who is always on hand when you needed him. people in head office (lam tower they are all smiling and greeted you when ever they see you. I don't have any problem with my Regional managers. my fellow maintenance,cleaners and landscapers. after a year off I came back without any hesitation with them. they accepted me happily. everybody helps each other as a one family... I'am proud to be a Mainstreet guy...!!!!! I love you guyzzzzz...........
Pros
equality, no pressure
Cons
on call.
Tension filled environment
Maintenance Plumber (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon saskatchewan21 April 2017
Poorly managed, and zero integrity, concern, or compassion for their employees, or tennants. Absolutely zero support for any of your day to day dutires, tasks, or workface.
You have to be good at multi-tasking
Employee (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 April 2017
Multi-tasking is an asset, responsible, team player. Salary is not bad but they need to appreciate people more, they need to make employees feel valued so people dont give the such bad reviews
Happy and great place
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 February 2017
A typical day at work is answering calls, checking emails, showing apartments, status of units or tenant issues, moving people in, collecting rents, checking buildings.
I learned and grew so much being offered such a great position for 2 years with Mainstreet. It gave me the confidence to build my own cleaning company. The culture is fun and hip and they do a lot for people and families that need a place that is affordable as well as allowijng pets. They have a lot of great offers and incentives and even working there allowed me to have an affordable place to work from home at times.
The hardest part was when I couldn't make everyone happy as some things where out of my hands with building issues or not being able to catch all 100 calls or so a day.
The most enjoyable part of this job was finding people a great place to call home.
Pros
incentives on living on site, great wages, room to grow with the company
Cons
Sometimes a bit to much work over a few days like month end, not being able to have things done asap for clients.
Learned far more about real estate, property management
Social Media Content Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 February 2017
I have been with Mainstreet Equity for almost a year (at the time of writing this) and have quite enjoyed my time in my position in marketing. My position allows me to be creative as possible, be ambitious trying new projects, leveraging different team members in the organization all while having the full support of the senior management team. Working every day with people in a large property management company can be daunting but having colleagues that are reliable, accountable and work every day to make our jobs, and the lives of our tenants better, is why I respect every person in Mainstreet. The corporate structure here is something I’ve never encountered before, it’s a flat organization, everyone’s equal and there’s no corporate hierarchy. Everyone’s equal and works together, anyone can talk to anyone or raise concerns and ask questions, things get done a lot quicker that way. I get to work with multiple departments to make sure our current tenants are happy and have the ability to work with many external partners that can provide short or long-term benefits to the company. I also have learned far more about real estate, property management and what I want out of a career, it’s exactly that, this isn’t a job.

There are some things I would change if I could, the one problem with a flat organization is it’s really hard to hold people accountable as no one sees anyone as a direct supervisor, in my opinion. If something doesn’t get done it’s usually passed on as to being because of someone else and finding the person responsible for doing something, or not doing something,
  more... is sometimes challenging.  less
Good place to work, hectic work all day. Like working here.
Leasing agent Floater Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK23 January 2017
Good place to work, hectic work all day. Like working here. Nice team member all around, people from all nations works here.
Worst company to work with . its better to work with mcdonald than mainstreet
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 October 2016
Company is not care about there employee . they do not pay what they told you during interview. Position are change for every 15 days . no professionalism in the company
Pros
Not at all single pros
Cons
Work 24 /7, management nrver support you . salary is worst
An okay job
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 September 2016
Job is easy, if you like cleaning. Lots of tedious tasks, lots of lifting, and carrying items to and from place to place. It was an alright place to work and I did get along with the staff.
Pros
Good hours, Mon-Fri
Cons
Cleaning nasty stuff up
A great experience so far
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 February 2016
Working at Mainstreet has been a great experience. This company cares for their staff, and acknowledges the person who does a good job. People have moved up from different positions so there is a great scope of growing. It is a company of great opportunities. I have worked for multiple property management companies, with Mainstreet being the first and after leaving for just over a year, I was happy to come back and join the team again.
Pros
They treats everyone equally and it is easy to communicate with the Senior Management.
Cons
There is room for advancement as the company is constantly growing.
Awful to Work For
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK28 January 2016
Worked for the company for more than 1 year as the top producing Resident Manager (during the time I was with the company). I was very much unappreciated and taken advantage of even though I did an excellent job, working in a pretty ghetto and challenging area of my city. Management expected Resident Managers to be available to tenants from 8am until 9pm 6 days per week--basically they wanted you to work as a Contractor while paying for only 40 hours as an Employee (they won't tell you this until AFTER you move into one of their buildings). Also, the building I lived in had a sign up saying that I was available from 8am until 9pm (with my unit # on it) so that tenants could be at my door anytime/7 days a week. If I didn't answer my door or my phone during those hours and tenants complained to the main office then upper Management would be threatening my job. NOT a good or professional work environment at all.
Management is approachable & understanding
Saskatoon Admin (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK17 December 2015
Have been working here for about 10 months and picked up various skills throughout the role. The environment is busy which keeps you on your toes and every day is different. Work load can be hectic but management is very approachable and understanding. Colleagues are welcoming and help you fit right in!
Wouldn't do it again
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC2 November 2015
This really wasn't for me. You don't get paid enough to have your phone on all day and deal with customers and residents. They want you to live in their unkempt apartments, they don't put enough money into actually renovating anything, its like a ghetto there.
You're only going to make decent money if you get the renting bonuses, which is not easy at some of their really bad locations.
fun physical enviroment
Grounds Crew (Former Employee) –  Edmonton alberta21 September 2015
Drove company truck did not deal with management as much but when i did they were very supportive and understanding. No room for advancement it was a labour job, unless they created a supervisor position for it.