Maid in Your Hometown

Maid in Your Hometown Reviews

Canada26 reviews

Good job to make side money

This is a good job to make side money but as for me it wasn’t enough hours for a full time income. I didn’t get enough shifts but when I did, the pay and tips were good. The job and clients were almost always excellent, the app and accepting jobs was good but the company itself is somewhat disorganized with scheduling and payments. Not the greatest but also is good if you need something because you can make your own schedule.

Pros

Pick when you want to work

Cons

Not enough shifts

Cleaning superhero! )

Let's start with the bonus they promised and the hourly pay! Don't believe it! I only did one cleaning for my first week and I didn't even get a bonus for it. The hourly pay is lower than advertised, never received any rating. One time got underpaid" because a customer refused" to pay for proper post-construction cleaning. It seems that the support stuff lack in knowledge of appropriate hours to book for a cleaning and the types available. Threatening messages are sent to remind you of your cleaning job.." If you miss it you will be deducted 50$". Even if you just accept by mistake and want to cancel it right away, they still mention that charges may apply. App has issues.

Pros

Cons

more of a scam

Insights into Maid in Your Hometown

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

The company’s management isn’t professional.

My time working with this company was refreshing in a way. The pros are you get the opportunity to choose your own hours, other than that they could care less about your situation, for ex. Being sick or unable to come in due to an emergency. They deduct $50. I would say their scammers and use workers for their own benefit. Also, their company app had frequent run downs a few time and the staff seem like they’re unsure of what they’re doing. They do not treat their employees with the amount of respect they deserve. Plus they didn’t give me my full pay. Think twice before you work for them. Otherwise I would say this is more like a side job.

Productive and good

Nice place to work and flexible...the management are always available to assist you at all times , pay is good and you will make good money if you are hardworking

Pros

Flexible

Cons

All of the “negative”reviews about this company is 100% correct. You have been warned!

Even if you are desperate for a job, don’t even bother applying to this company. You will regret it! There’s no job interview or training provided, they will never reimburse you for your supplies ,Uber and tips Will never be given to you. Payment for your work is supposed to be Made at the end of the job, but the client could simply choose to not pay if they are not satisfied. I am honestly shocked that a company like this is still around in 2022.

Pros

There are no pros to working for this company, not worth it!

Totally unorganized

They will hire anyone so easy to get a job there. Get all your tips in cash or they will take them and youll never see a cent. They say they cover ubers. They do not. Showed up to jobs and no one was there. Showed up to other jobs that had been cancelled and no one told me. There is no background check and training is a joke. 20 dollars an hour was the only thing that held me there for a bit.

Pros

20 dollars an hour

Cons

Everything else

Terrible company

Very bad company, bad pay, the management is absolutely terrible. They do not at all compensate for the materials you buy, like they say and are supposed to. They don't give to fcks if your car breaks done and will force you to pay a fee for canceling. They don't pay like they should, they are not good with keeping us up to date, they don't give good descriptions on what materials you do need. Don't ever work here!

Pros

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Cons

Everything that they are. Worst company ever.

Stress free and work life balanced

A company that treats us a company. We can also give feed backs and they will consider it. You won't feel that your not being valued at all and the superiors are very considerate.

Pros

Holiday bonuses

Productive and Organized Management

I am glad and grateful that I found this company for it changed my perspective in life. I love the management, and especially how they train new employees. I really love working with my trainer, supervisor, manager, and the whole team for they teach me the importance of communication with each other. I have learned so much from them. We work and unite as One family in the team.

A company where you can grow as an individual.

Been working here for almost 6 months now. I can't say nothing but good words to the company especially to our Supervisor who always make sure all department are working well.

Pros

Fun environment, Paid extra hours

Cons

Employees are collaborative to meet daily goals.

Managers and supervisor are very approachable and very understanding. Collaborative, friendly and fun working environment. I have learned a lot with the company considering that it has the best management and great Managers and Supervisors.

Pros

Collaborative

Cons

Salary is good enough

A firendly workplace and welcoming employees

I really wanted to go and find a job that is flexible with my availability, and luckily, Maid in your hometown cleaning service company is here to help. Their entire department is friendly and welcoming. Cleaners are always encouraged to take orders. Because of the company's flexible time schedule, I was able to save a lot of money. I also encourage anyone who is looking for work to apply at this company. Overall, Maid in your hometown is a 100/100. Excellent work!!

Pros

Fleixble

Cons

Responsibility

Easy to work with environment and collaborative coworkers

I really enjoy working in Maid In Your Hometown. The General Manager, Supervisor and all the staff are approachable, and the teamwork is awesome. It is a fun working environment. I get to hone my skills and get guidance from my supervisor and coworkers.

Pros

Collaborative workforce and long breaks

Cons

Salary is not that competitive but its good and on time too.

Nice work culture

Great internal communication through Skype. The company is always finding ways to make work easier for all the employees. The support system is strong and reliable.

Pros

Easy navigation of the tools/website

Benefits

Productive and team work

We are like family and we have a very considerate Manager. We are growing and learning together. Our manager always ensures that our comments and suggestions matter.

Pros

Long Breaks

Cons

long breaks

Unprofessional company you have to beg to be paid

Do not work for this company if you expect to be paid accurately and on time. You have to beg for the money you worked for. They charge clients an arm and a leg for services and pay contractors little to nothing. You buy your own supplies. Gas or Kilometers aren't written off and your paid little to nothing for really hard work. When clients add more details to they're cleaning job they want ex. Baseboards, Ceiling fans, Laundry, Wash Dishes they are charged extra for each service but the company keeps that extra money and still pays the tech the same as if it was a regular sweep mop and vacuum. They can charge upwards of $300-$400 fir 4 hours if the client adds on enough things and cleaning techs are only paid $80 out off that $400 when they're the ones doing the hard work. LOL what a joke of a company.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

They dont pay their contractors

Difficult Place to Work

-there are too many cleaners, it's hard to get orders. You might get one a week or so. It's not enough to provide for yourself- the company sometimes asks you to stay over the allotted time to go over the clean if the customer is not satisfied.- this incentivizes customer to complain and to try to get as much out of you as possible-HR is very difficult to deal with. They are not helpful, blame you, and you're always speaking to a different person by email. There's no way to contact them by phone.

Pros

flexibility

Cons

difficulty getting paid for work

Happy Employee

I am glad to be working in this company. Having a great supervisor and awesome teammates makes the work environment adoptable. We were more like a family, everyone is listening and understanding everyone out. I do not feel any pressure or stress when working because help and guidance is always there. The salary is not competitive though, but I wish for an increase in the near future as the company grow. Overall, I would still recommend working in this company!

Less stress environment

It's an honor to be part of MIYH, I have learned a lot of things and cultivate new skills, and I have meet a lot of nice employess and the management. They are the best :)

Competitve

Workmates are very helpful and reliable. All department is doing their job properly. Managenent is very approachable.Work is smoothly done everyday...

Pros

Work time is great

Cons

Salary is a little low

Comfortable environment

I'm glad I am with Maid in your Hometown because the people I work with are friendly, and you will really feel at ease even up to the busiest days. No pressures at all. My colleagues , our Supervisors are very approachable, and easy to work with. I'm really thankful I'm with them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maid in Your Hometown. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement