Maid in Your Hometown

Maid in Your Hometown Employee Reviews

Workmates are very helpful and reliable. All department is doing their job properly. Managenent is very approachable.Work is smoothly done everyday...
Pros
Work time is great
Cons
Salary is a little low
-there are too many cleaners, it's hard to get orders. You might get one a week or so. It's not enough to provide for yourself- the company sometimes asks you to stay over the allotted time to go over the clean if the customer is not satisfied.- this incentivizes customer to complain and to try to get as much out of you as possible-HR is very difficult to deal with. They are not helpful, blame you, and you're always speaking to a different person by email. There's no way to contact them by phone.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
difficulty getting paid for work
I am glad to be working in this company. Having a great supervisor and awesome teammates makes the work environment adoptable. We were more like a family, everyone is listening and understanding everyone out. I do not feel any pressure or stress when working because help and guidance is always there. The salary is not competitive though, but I wish for an increase in the near future as the company grow. Overall, I would still recommend working in this company!
It's an honor to be part of MIYH, I have learned a lot of things and cultivate new skills, and I have meet a lot of nice employess and the management. They are the best :)
I'm glad I am with Maid in your Hometown because the people I work with are friendly, and you will really feel at ease even up to the busiest days. No pressures at all. My colleagues , our Supervisors are very approachable, and easy to work with. I'm really thankful I'm with them.
Working in this company really gave me a great opportunity to earn on my own. We do not treat each other as a competition in this company, instead we help each other grow, for the benefit of the company, and our co-workers. Though they pay is not that high, the company sees to it that it's employees are somehow doing good all the time. This company hears their people out, that's why I love working in this company, it's not just about making profits, but they also see to it that their employees are physically, emotionally, and mentally fit every time we go to work.
Pros
Managers hear their people out, shifts are great, co-workers are awesome, the jobs are very well delegated.
Cons
Salary is not competitive
I loved working for Maid In Your Hometown cause you can work based on your free schedule and claim as many shifts as you prefer based on my availability. I feel that the process is super easy and everything is clear. I made sure to read all the policies and documents sent by hiring manager to ensure I do not miss anything. I heard many people do not read well and this is why they are not clear on the process. So if read everything you are good to go.
Pros
Can work based on my availability
Cons
I wish clients would be able to rate me on the app
I arrived 10 minutes early to the location where we would be cleaning, and I could not find where they were trying to send me because they did not include the townhouse number, delaying our work starting by 10 minutes. After 4 hours of working extremely hard, and hearing no complaints from the couple I was cleaning for, I got a call from MIYH saying that the client called and they were not happy with the results. I was shocked because I was literally in their home, and they did not care to say anything to me or give me much direction other than to emphasise areas they wanted cleaned (which I did focus on). I then said to the MIYH caller that I would stay an extra 30 minutes to help, but that I was only booked for 4 hours. I then had to explain to the customer that due to the time constraints, I focused on the areas they told me to focus on, and that I would go back and deeper clean areas at the end, if I had time. 5.5 hours later, I was told at the very end of the shift that the customer would only pay me for 4 hours, because we "showed up late". It was the most upsetting experience I have ever been through. At the end of the shift, I didn't care if they paid me anything, because I just wanted to be out of there. I called the line immediately after my shift ended and asked about how to be removed from the cleaner's roster because I will never do another shift for MIYH again.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, backbreaking work, no support from MIYH, customer is always right approach, have to buy own cleaning supplies, customer can refuse to pay you the full amount at the end of a session
This is a great place if you want money on the side. The tips are good and I can take shifts whenever I want. Payments are made weekly and if you work Wednesday you can get paid on Friday.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Customers can be difficult
I wouldn't recommend working for this company. I thought it was a good gig and there's lots of cleans to do but at the end of the day you shouldn't have to fight to get your paycheck. I completed 5 jobs and we should be paid weekly. I put my hours in on time and I'm on my 4th week and finally after many, many emails regarding this I have I finally got a reply, no pay yet but a reply is nice. I reached out to Managers, Customer service and Accounting and they wouldn't help. Unfortunately if you can't pay your employee's then you can't be trusted. Cons #1.You can't count on a paycheck #2. You need all your own supplies, not a big deal but the $30 suggested vacuum to buy will not work and the vacuum you do have will take a beating #4. What your 'to do' list for the job is different from what the client actually wants #5. If there's any changes for your hours, like a extended clean time...Customer service will help you but when it comes to changing it in the system so you actually get paid for additional time... don't get your Hope's up. Pros: #1. lots of jobs to take, can work as much as you want and on weekends #2.very easy to use app, easy rules to follow #3. Clients are nice and lots do tip but prob of it's not in cash you might not be seeing it on your pay