Magnum Trailer & Equipment Ltd.

Magnum Trailer & Equipment Ltd. Employee Reviews

Canada24 reviews
management has pets(his son) and they play favorites, injuries are common but company support of employees is horrible, poor pay scales, they promise reviews and never fulfill them, and only the perfect advance
Nice place to work good employer ,good hourly rate. Enjoyed the shift I worked. Laid off due to covid which was unfortunate. Was a good commuting distance.
I have worked for Magnum Trailer's off and on for 16 years. I found it a great opportunity to learn different skills in the industry. I find it very upsetting of some of the comments I read about Magnum because the company can't defend itself. It's very easy to hide behind social media and vent your frustration and it takes a man to try and work out your differences and work together as a team. I was treated well and have no disrespect for the company. The place is not perfect by no means but I don't think there is a place on earth that is. If your young and hard working and looking for a career in the Commercial Truck and Trailer Industries give them a shot don't believe everything you read on social media. People never to seem to have the time to leave positive comments only negative.
Terrible place to work, management are very racist, especially the week day service manager, he would get upset that the much younger brown guys are doing better then he is in his 40’s, he would say racial remarks to your face. The HR lady would never help you, never answer your emails or phone calls. The company always wants you to report and accident, but then get mad at you for having an accident, and get absolutely angry if you contact WCB, management lies to WCB about any incident that happens there saying the employee did it out side of work. The service manager will go into your tool box without permission and take your tools and never return them. Your always going to think in your head before going to work “what am I going to get yelled at for today?”. They will never give you a wage that you deserve. The VP of the company is two faced, he’ll be nice to your face but he’ll never take your side if anything happens even thou he knows you had no part in it. They expect you to break your back for them even thou they don’t show you any respect and don’t pay you nearly enough of what you deserve. As a summary, don’t work for these low life’s.
Toxic is the first thing that comes to mind. Managment couldn't organize a rock fight in a gravel pit. They say the want to help you learn then when you ask they question why you dont know what your doing. Would not reccomend working here in the slightest. Underpaid and overworked. Unrealistic times to finish jobs.
Pros
Dont work there anymore
Cons
The worst place I have ever worked in my entire life. I highly recommend people to do your research before applying here. The pay is extremely low and high volume of workloads and stress!
I have worked for many good companies and great shops over the past 25yrs
I chose to come work at Magnum and I am glad I did.

Good bunch of people here in all departments.

I see opportunities for staff to advance. Very diversified business with manufacturing, collision, maintenance for the transport industry.

I have seen many changes for the positive over the last 2 years. You get out of it what you put into it.

My shift gets along. We work well with each other.
Pros
Opportunities, variety of shifts. Allowances and benefits
Cons
Not having parts in stock. Lack of social events outside of work
Overall a good shop to work at. Pay is decent with benefits.
Boot allowance and tool allowance. PPE provided as well

Variety of shifts and flexibility for overtime. Guys are pretty good, no big ego's here!

Good variety of work and opportunity to learn what I don't know.
Pros
different shifts available and overtime
Cons
messy shop at times. fast paced shop
Been with this company for quite awhile now and was able to rise in the ranks quite quickly. If you are willing to work hard and be a team player this is an environment were you will thrive. If you are enthusiastic with a drive to help make improvements within a company whose willing to listen, then this is a company you should seriously consider.
Pros
Work relationships
Cons
Lack of product storage
Magnum staff are actually very nice and fun people to work with. The interactions I've had at the company have all been positive and everyone seems to want to lend a hand. The company allows for people to work their way up (as long as you put in the work). They always trying to improve the company atmosphere and working environment, I've had a pleasant experience working here.
Pros
Friendly staff
Magnum has a new President and things are changing - for the better! I have been a Magnum employee for the past 5 years and have seen a lot of ups and downs. I'm happy to say that I am proud to be part of the Magnum team and excited for what our future holds.

This Company cares about employees and offers a lot of benefits for someone to build a long-lasting career.
Pros
Shift options, good benefits, fair pay, pizza lunches, open door policy
Some good people but mgmt is pathetic.
Unhealthy environment.

Engineering nonexistent

Pay marginal

If you're already at the bottom of the barrel this is the place for you.
Cons
Awesome place to work, Great team environment and lots of room for advancement, company offers great training opportunities and tool allowances to purchase new tools. Lots of variety work wise, staff takes great pride in their work . New lunchroom to boot.
Official response from Magnum Trailer & Equipment Ltd.
24 September 2018
Thank you so much for the review. We are thrilled to hear that you are having a great experience! Magnum is very proud to employ such a wonderful team!
This company will lure you with the promise of advancement and great opportunities but in reality you are expected to work like a slave and even when you are sick you are still expected to come in. The pay is bad compared to other companies and poor coordination. 90% of your job is to babysit other to get your work done.
Pros
Leaving company
Cons
The worse place to work and I wouldn’t recommend to anyone at all
Official response from Magnum Trailer & Equipment Ltd.
24 September 2018
We are sorry that you feel you had a bad experience with us. At Magnum, we believe in supporting our employees to achieve their goals and do promote from within where possible. We have an internal job posting process that provides equal and fair opportunities for employees wishing to advance. Unfortunately it sounds like there was not the opportunity you were hoping for. In regard to sick time, we offer a fair and flexible attendance program that provides employees with the time off they require to care for themselves and their family when ill or facing personal emergencies. We also have incorporated a disability program into our employee benefit plan for illnesses that are serious in nature. While we certainly hope that none of our employees have the need to use this benefit, we do promote and encourage employees to use it when they need it.
If you're a noob, maybe you can stand working like a dog at Magnum for 6 months. There is no support for production empolyees, management is untrustworthy, and the leadership is adhorrent. Steer clear of this place if you have a shred of self worth.
Pros
Not having to care about anything
Cons
The company itself
Constant BS, lead hand jealous of new hires wage, hire you as a WELDER expect you to do full fabrication.
Very stingy on safety equipment. Tried to give me a used respirator.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Wastes your time
Management had no idea about anything. Their heads were way in the clouds and to them, the workers under them are nothing. They don't care. Training wasn't bad, but they had too many chiefs and not enough Indians. One guy would tell you one thing, and the next guy would wonder why you were doing it like that. Poor poor place to work. EXTREMELY stingy on ppe. Work here only if you have given up.
Pros
Going home after work
Cons
Showing up
Totally onprofessional because first of all they called me for a interview then phoned back they did not answer back called more than five times still no answer very unprofessional HR
Deceitful company and management. Racial remarks from co-workers and lead hands. False layoffs. WCB infractions are constant. Extremely heavy lifting without assistance. Waste of time, don't work here.
Pros
3 days off
Cons
Poor work environment, Poor Management
decent place to work good learning environment 4 day 10 hour shifts were optimum for me I enjoyed the people I worked with I really liked the referral program
It had flexible hours good people and good pay for entry level positions. it offered flexible movement to other positions within the company.