Magnum Trailer & Equipment Ltd. Employee Reviews

Good shop
Technician (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC7 April 2019
Overall a good shop to work at. Pay is decent with benefits.
Boot allowance and tool allowance. PPE provided as well
Variety of shifts and flexibility for overtime. Guys are pretty good, no big ego's here!
Good variety of work and opportunity to learn what I don't know.
Pros
different shifts available and overtime
Cons
messy shop at times. fast paced shop
Great group of people to work with and for
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC5 April 2019
Been with this company for quite awhile now and was able to rise in the ranks quite quickly. If you are willing to work hard and be a team player this is an environment were you will thrive. If you are enthusiastic with a drive to help make improvements within a company whose willing to listen, then this is a company you should seriously consider.
Pros
Work relationships
Cons
Lack of product storage
Great Working Environment & People
Engineering (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC3 April 2019
Magnum staff are actually very nice and fun people to work with. The interactions I've had at the company have all been positive and everyone seems to want to lend a hand. The company allows for people to work their way up (as long as you put in the work). They always trying to improve the company atmosphere and working environment, I've had a pleasant experience working here.
Pros
Friendly staff
Changing Company & Great Place to Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC3 April 2019
Magnum has a new President and things are changing - for the better! I have been a Magnum employee for the past 5 years and have seen a lot of ups and downs. I'm happy to say that I am proud to be part of the Magnum team and excited for what our future holds.

This Company cares about employees and offers a lot of benefits for someone to build a long-lasting career.
Pros
Shift options, good benefits, fair pay, pizza lunches, open door policy
Treated like an animal
Skilled Trades Worker (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC19 March 2019
This place is where desperate new trades guys start out and leave after 6 months, and where old men work when they run out of options. Low pay. Mean and low skilled management who blame their employees for problems instead of their inefficient and dangerous process design. I was threatened to return to work early after I was injured. There is racism in the workplace. They lock up all safety equipment and consumables, so you literally have to dig in the garbage for supplies. They try to give you used respirators that don't fit, they are so cheap they get you to reuse dirty old earplugs. Eventually I was physically threatened by my boss (Punjabi), and he went on a rant about how white people would be destroyed and replaced in Canada, so I quit.

They treat you like an animal. Use them as a stepping stone, but no more. The people who are trapped working there are sad men with no alternatives left.
Bad as it gets
Brake and shear operator (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC26 February 2019
Some good people but mgmt is pathetic.
Unhealthy environment.
Engineering nonexistent
Pay marginal
If you're already at the bottom of the barrel this is the place for you.
Cons
Great place to work, lots of room for training and advancement
Service Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC6 September 2018
Awesome place to work, Great team environment and lots of room for advancement, company offers great training opportunities and tool allowances to purchase new tools. Lots of variety work wise, staff takes great pride in their work . New lunchroom to boot.
Official response from Magnum Trailer & Equipment Ltd.
24 September 2018

Thank you so much for the review. We are thrilled to hear that you are having a great experience! Magnum is very proud to employ such a wonderful team!

Horrible place to work and Absolutely no room for advancement
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC28 August 2018
This company will lure you with the promise of advancement and great opportunities but in reality you are expected to work like a slave and even when you are sick you are still expected to come in. The pay is bad compared to other companies and poor coordination. 90% of your job is to babysit other to get your work done.
Pros
Leaving company
Cons
The worse place to work and I wouldn’t recommend to anyone at all
Official response from Magnum Trailer & Equipment Ltd.
24 September 2018

We are sorry that you feel you had a bad experience with us. At Magnum, we believe in supporting our employees to achieve their goals and do promote from within where possible. We have an internal job posting process that provides equal and fair opportunities for employees wishing to advance. Unfortunately it sounds like there was not the opportunity you were hoping for. In regard to sick time, we offer a fair and flexible attendance program that provides employees with the time off they require to care for themselves and their family when ill or facing personal emergencies. We also have incorporated a disability program into our employee benefit plan for illnesses that are serious in nature. While we certainly hope that none of our employees have the need to use this benefit, we do promote and encourage employees to use it when they need it.

Great if you don't care about yourself or what you do for a living.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC25 July 2018
If you're a noob, maybe you can stand working like a dog at Magnum for 6 months. There is no support for production empolyees, management is untrustworthy, and the leadership is adhorrent. Steer clear of this place if you have a shred of self worth.
Pros
Not having to care about anything
Cons
The company itself
Worst shop ive worked at
Welder (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC23 January 2018
Constant BS, lead hand jealous of new hires wage, hire you as a WELDER expect you to do full fabrication.
Very stingy on safety equipment. Tried to give me a used respirator.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Wastes your time
Need reason to loathe waking up? Look no further
Aluminum polisher (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC19 October 2017
Management had no idea about anything. Their heads were way in the clouds and to them, the workers under them are nothing. They don't care. Training wasn't bad, but they had too many chiefs and not enough Indians. One guy would tell you one thing, and the next guy would wonder why you were doing it like that. Poor poor place to work. EXTREMELY stingy on ppe. Work here only if you have given up.
Pros
Going home after work
Cons
Showing up
Totally unprofessional
Painter (Former Employee) –  BC5 October 2017
Totally onprofessional because first of all they called me for a interview then phoned back they did not answer back called more than five times still no answer very unprofessional HR
Terrible Company
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC7 June 2017
Deceitful company and management. Racial remarks from co-workers and lead hands. False layoffs. WCB infractions are constant. Extremely heavy lifting without assistance. Waste of time, don't work here.
Pros
3 days off
Cons
Poor work environment, Poor Management
good people
Fitter/Welder/fabricator (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC11 May 2017
decent place to work good learning environment 4 day 10 hour shifts were optimum for me I enjoyed the people I worked with I really liked the referral program
It was a plce to grow and work with good people
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC22 July 2016
It had flexible hours good people and good pay for entry level positions. it offered flexible movement to other positions within the company.
Solid truck accessories job, with health/life/dental benefits , and a great lunchroom.
Parts Cutter (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC7 December 2015
Magnum was a good place to work.A team environment with good products . Magnum works hard to maintain hand crafted standards ,as they move into a technological future !
Pros
Consistent hours, safety equipment, standards, and procedures for a hazardous environment
Cons
Some of the less integral jobs could be taken by a machine.
Magnum Trailer Review
Welder (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC17 October 2015
Quality company that dose quality work. A typical day at work could have you either fabricating parts to a bumper or building a trailer.
If your new to the trade its a good place to start.
Innovative Market leading Truck Product Manufacturer
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC26 March 2015
Magnum has always been a trend setting innovator in the Class 8 Truck Product arena. Am privileged to work with a great team. A typical day at work involves dealing with day to day challenges, and looking ahead to create new designs based on market demands and trends. Hardest part of the job is anticipating problems, and striving for better quality in a competitive market.
Pros
Leading edge products and designs
Cons
difficulty in establishing long term specific goals