Magna International Inc
Information from Magna International Inc:

Magna International Inc Employee Reviews for Welder

Welder22 reviews
Canada22 reviews
The work was something I loved doing. I enjoyed the challenges we faced as a team and loved finding a solution. The guys I worked with were great and I enjoyed going to work.
I was a temp worker at formet for 15 months , working in the QA department was a great experience and my coworkers became like family.
Over all the work was easy and interesting and helped me learn alot about what I want personally for my career path .

Hire on process is hard and not easy to achieve , wish I would have made the cut.
Overall clean environment .high tech equipment
Good pay for engineers but poor rotation of shifts .if your interest do some reasonable research before you apply .
Nice place to start a career with . everyday i weld on line , off line etc . Learned how to manage ur time when u have a lot of jobs to do in a day . friendly environment is one of the major positive factors .
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
rotating shift
It is a nice working place, employee respect each other, the best culture is annual Christmas party and family day when family enters shop floor to understand what are we doing.
Pros
Easy-going
Cons
No free lunch
3 shift rotation work for production/materials/maintenance. A great place to leave your brain at the door. The management has a high turnover with their old school ways of thinking which causes low morale for team members. They only thing that made me stay for so long was the great benefits they offer for a wide range of things, premium wages lots of overtime if you want it, however not a place to really brag about. The morale and whole culture needs to change.
Pros
Benefits, competative wages, vacation
Cons
Shift rotation, disorganized company
Good place too work but the training I didn't really like because the people looks at you if you don't belong there. If you are willing too learn new skills this is the place for you if you are starting out,
Basically you are a machine in a sweatshop, rotating shifts make it impossible to find a work life balance. You don't need to be a real welder to do this job, just weld like the machine they expect you to be. No real training or job security. Most people will get burnt out in this type of work environment. Management is a joke, some employees are quite negative and hostile. Only decent thing about this place is the pay, other than an ok paycheque there is nothing positive about this place.
Arrived to work, would start with checking the first offs. Before that was even finished wed be bombarded with calls to come touch of some welds. Those calls always took priority yet wed get into trouble well we could finish our first offs
Pros
Cafe is cheap
Cons
no where to grow. A welding facility pays there weld techs less than maintenance?
The social life and the interaction with people is awesome .
Working environment is conducive and safe.

Payment is perfect, meeting all walks basic needs and savings.
Cons
Free long time, over time anf friendly co workers
Everything is great about this job, the managment is very organized and all my co-workers are very cooperative and friendly. I highly reccamend this job.
was a great place to work with many opportunities to advance. People were very nice. cafeteria was a bonus always serving healthy choices. Salary and benefits are top notch
Pros
salary
Cons
managment
An automotive Supplier Plant. This location produces automotive parts such as: motor compartment rails, motor housing cups for small motors, shock towers, using materials: aluminum, steel. Customers include: Fiat Chrysler Automobiles; Ford Motor Company.
a typical day of work is going to be the same all year round you are working whit machins and robots you will be doing the same every day and the worst is working the night shift
Pros
good cafeteria
Cons
if you are not on day shift afertnoo and night are hard
Great place to work. Lots of interaction between all levels of employees. Safety is always first. All around positive place to be.
Pros
Cafeteria-Homemade fresh food-great prices.
Cons
Travel time
The pay rate for welders is really good but you inhale a lot of fumes and the exhaust does not work well enough to suck it out
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
unhealthy
All member of this company is cooperative and hard working.
i learn how to fix robots problem .

it is not too hard job .

i learn new every day.
I was working at a high paced speed daily. I had to do V6 and V8 engine chasities.
Modatek System offered me great platform to learn the details of welding. It was a fun place to work for, with great team memebers.
had to leave no money to be made, Laid off not enough work, very long time ago, I cannot remember.
• Performing sub assembly. I MAKE A PART FOR A CAR AND I WORK IN LINE
Pros
30 min lunch
Cons
some times over time