Magna International Inc
Information from Magna International Inc:

Magna International Inc Employee Reviews for Production Worker

Production Worker40 reviews
Canada40 reviews
I gained alot of experience while working at magnum, and i believe that tge experience inculcated in me will enable me to work in any company without hesitation,
My overall review for working at formet industries, was fast paced and great learning experience for me, I learned how to drive a tugger cart and many tips for working in a industrial plant.
Pros
cheap cafeteria
if you like overtime this is the place for you

the hardest part of job was shift work and mandatory overtime

management was good with passing on information

i learned welding and the line setup
My Supervisor at workplace was supportive and kind,i got to learn alot from him.He encouraged me to Be Respectable and Punctual towards our workplace environment.
Overall, nice coworkers and management. Fast pace work, long standing and tiring. A lot of computer programming involved and package sorting to external companies.
Worked at Magna Windsor Modules. An okay place to work. Many employees that have been there for 2+ years and do training, expect you to know everything even if you have only been there for a day, a week, two weeks, etc. Not everyone is like that. Many are helpful, but those that are not talk down to you. Management is helpful. However, make sure you dont get sick ever and need to call in or you will be let go, if you're within your probation... could be 3 months, 6 months, etc. Speaking from experience, as I had pneumonia and strep and was unable to come in for my shift. I had a doctors note purchased and ready to hand in. Received a call 3 hours later that my position was terminated for having called in due my illness. Not sure what they wanted me to do. Should have just went spread my germs to the other employees
Good culture and work environment.
Strong management team and well experience. 24/7 days operations. Three huge buildings. Now rollstamp took over two other buildings in Richmond hill.
Extreme conditions not many can handle at all or for long periods of time. How ever I loved it bc of being around ppl I like...................,...:..
Pros
For sure hours and pay
Cons
Long hours extreme heat
I just enjoyed my work when i was in Magna International Ltd. As first time i did night shift, it was the great experience for my life. As well as, salary benefits are also admirable.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Magna International Inc?
Good company and good team for work
I can offer this company to everyone.

Facilities is good...but summer time is very hot place.i enjoy all my co workers and my team leader
I enjoyed the people and the job theu have big fans so it doesnt really get to hot breaks are spaces with reason and the food in the cafiteria is really good and cheap
good as survival job for the new immigrants and students , automation does not help to workers, still need good handling procedures for ease of work to employees, every third employee looking tired , skinny and shoulder,back pains etc. lunch room is very small, thanks . good luck to asians.
I would never again work for a Magna Company. Let go in the middle of maternity leave, not even informed other than a ROE in the mail. It was legal though, just unethical in my opinion.
Very friendly environment and helpful people. it was great for me to work with them the work schedule the supervisors the team leader and my other friends. there were very good and will remember them.
Pros
Cons
over time they had
After working there for over a year both as a temp and a contract employee i enjoyed myself for the most part. Fast pace work and friendly co-workers make for a nice environment but the management needs a serious overhaul. Most times you should always give your 100% best at your job, DON'T. They will "appreciate" what you're doing but take advantage of it. If you decide to work here, give about 70-75% effort and not a bit more. There is opportunity for advancement, but it's extremely limited and also good luck finding an 7-3 shift, veteran employees get dibs on those shifts so you're stuck with 3-11pm or 11pm-7am
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Poor management
Terrible environment. By the end your left with nothing so the pay is not great as I see others put up. I worked here 2 years and hr was no better then they're team leads. If you don't hit your numbers your emergency mandated into the middle of the night so you have to stay or say goodbye to your job. As well as I broke my foot here and the team leaders just scared me into staying the day on a broken foot and then came back from my broken foot to 5 dollar an hour pay cut. This place is a joke. Your a tool.. Easily replaceable mind numbing repetitive work. Your coworkers are also a bunch of grown men who goggle over little girls who temp here and aparently never truly grew up. Drama zone 100%
goodluck in that zoo

Make the same flipping burgers

Only contact to cami, they'll never be honest if your jobs still going to be there tmr they don't want anyone jumping ship lmfao

Best thing I ever did was move on from this place
Pros
You can make the same money flipping burgers...
Cons
Management and coworkers, pay
I enjoyed my time at Formet Industries for the brief amount of time i was there, I enjoyed the options of working overtime. the staff were very friendly.
Pros
good management
Cons
night shift, job culture
-load parts for welding robots
-troubleshoot faulty robots

-train new employees on production lines

- any team lead or maintenance assistance were on hand quickly when needed
when i worked there it was a very great job i enjoyed every moment there. people were great supervisors were nice. i would consider working there again
hot in the summer a very noisy place to work would prefer 8 hour shifts instead of 12 hour shifts lots of people will be out of work not very good for moral
In the time that I worked there it was very nice place and very fast pace. It was a very friendly environment, also the pay is very reasonable. All and all it is a very good place to work.