Magna International Inc
Information from Magna International Inc:

Magna International Inc Employee Reviews for Machine Operator

Machine Operator98 reviews
Canada98 reviews
That was a productive and competitive place. It was a fast- pace work environment, but the salary and the benefits were very good. The management was very strict, but as long as you do your job, you did not have to worry about anything.
I worked at the Mississauga plant of magna, and there is no opportunity for growth, only redeeming quality was the people I worked with. They were good people but the work ethic lacked in professionalism. And also very less pay
I learned a lot of differences about cultures and beliefs which gain a lot of respect.

Between management and employees is a must to have an open communication. Team work is a key to make us success.
we reached to target and we could produce more than 900 parts in one shift. We learned that collaborative approach helps us to get the target. We managed our time and did not waste the time. the hardest part was the time that we had quality problem and we couldn't produce good parts and we enjoyed when raw materials were good and we were close to target.
Presstran is a really good company to work for good pay good benifits and really good coworkers i have meet a bunch of good guys&gals and still talk too a select group of people who are still employees at presstran. Now as for leadership such as leadhands there where some good some bad and absolutely terrible but while I was there I came in did my job and at the end of the day I would usually be going home with a smile on my face and a i more day over and done
a very typical work everyday, they want highly skilled workers to match their production and bit timeline every hours. safety and precaution of manpower is consider last always.
i liked working there, i used to work as a machine operator it was nice there, but there is some smoke that comes out in the air during the welding process.
The co-workers are great, they treat you like a friend when working in their department atleast for when I worked there. The management I got were also great with a positive attitude, as long as daily quota’s were met there was no problems. The only con would be the chance of downtime and doing nothing for hours. I worked weekend shifts on a bushing press which was mundane but also easily the best paying job for having no experience.
Im working under agency for 2yrs now and still not offered for full time.it is a fastpaced environment but I think never considered a performance for full-time.
Worked for them 10 good years untill 2000.
In that time my salary more then doubled.

Since 2000 the wages are stagnant.

I blame the union!!! They messed it up
Pros
It is a stabil company!
Cons
Will work you till you blead
It was easy work to learn. As long as I was shown how to do something, I was able to quickly pick up on how things were done! Overall I really enjoyed the people I worked with as well as my supervisors. They were all most helpful! The hardest part of my job I'd say was just being sweaty! Other than that, it was a job I felt good doing. Lastly I'm going to have to say the most enjoyable part was defiantly the free coffee haha!
When they know you are good you gonna assign to a variety of task. But when you think of it, it should be a work of 3 people or 2 people. But on other hand i just improve myself as machine operator so that i'll be able to use it in the future
Be healthy fit.Love your work and finish the job.Be punctual eat healthy food before you go .Sleep well Don’t forget to take vitamins.Bring food eat less to cope with coming back .Long pathway to go and return back from Cafeteria.
Not a good experience. People you think are there to help you stab you in the back at the first opportunity. A lot of nepotism in this particular location. It all depends on who you know! Fakes!
benefits
Cons
terrible pay and treatment
Positive atmosphere at workplace
Working in safe enviornment

Working with healthy mind

Arrange diffrent seminars to motivate employees

Higher authorities always helpful
Pros
Safe Enviornment
Working at Modatek for the summer was a great experience for me! I met a lot of really cool people to work with. The management was great, they always listen to your concerns and they took them into account. On the hot days they made sure we got heat breaks and cold water and they also made sure that everyone looked out for each other.
Would still be at grenville if it did not close the doors. Great benifits and good wages. Hard heavy work but great people to work with. I enjoyed my time with them.
Productive and fun workplace with nice Cafeteria. Respect for some great team leaders and Supervisors.

If you are a hard working individual who loves to work more overtime, then Karmax is a place for you.
Pros
Respectful and hard working Supervisors
Cons
Summer shutdowns
I loved working there it was a great experience for me unfortionally yhad some heath problems at the time so I had to leave the job other then that would work there again if had the opportunity
Pros
great people
Cons
Polycon magna is literally the worst place to be at. Management is unfair and picks favourites all the time. They fired someone for have a disability’s after being there for along time. Good paying job if you ever get hired on. Besides getting treated like no body there if you are an temp or a contract you have it golden there. Would not advise people to work here.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours and bad management
If you're looking for a job that puts money in your pocket look no further, you work all day and will have extra shifts so a life outside work isn't easy. Just do whatever is asked of you and don't cause any problems and you'll be fine there.
Pros
Decent pay, good cafeteria
Cons
Long hours, no room for progression, cafeteria is expensive