Magna International Inc
Information from Magna International Inc:

Magna International Inc Employee Reviews for Laborer

Laborer60 reviews
Canada60 reviews
It was good but just wasn’t making enough money to pay for my car and my rent. I would have liked to stay they but it was just not working out for me.
When i was new there i start as a loader
i learned a lot in machines and safety

the management was nice the hardest part for me is being a loader the most enjoyable part when i was having a nice conversation with my co workers
Cons
It’s a decent enough job but you have to be ok with long hours hot parts and cleaning if you have the right mindset you can do well would recommend as a gap year job
work at karmax was very good, learned how to operate new technology, satisfying environment. services for the general labour was available , water tanks were available at different sites.
Be prepared to potentially die on the job. The forklift drivers are massively rushed in their roles and because of this the fly around over loaded frequently hitting other humans and destroying unfortunate objects such as lights, etc. The biggest concern to the section supervisors is their safety record and not your actual safety. If for any reason you are Injured even for a reason no fault of your own be prepared to have the blamed laid 110% on you because of your incompetent for allowing yourself to be injured. I don’t mind sweeping either but be prepared to spend entire 8hr shifts sweeping the same 30 meters for multiple days on end but do not expect to be sent home because they can’t run as a tiny worthless cog you must stay and do nothing while their beloved full times slack off and do drugs around the work place speaking of drugs I hope you like cocaine filled everything as 50% of the staff here have some form of hard drug habit and habitual use on the floor expect to work for the company for 10+ years before you are actually offered a full time position. this company has a horrifying name in ST Thomas consider yourself well warned.
I was a temporary worker at formet for 15 months in the QA department, I love my job and majority of my co-workers were incredibly helpful and very easy to work with.lead hands were great and I really have no complaints and wish I was still there
Terrible noisy,bad, not clean and dirty environment. Management staff lying to people, don’t care about people just care to cover their own image. They pushing people and rude to people .
Please don't work at this place.
to far of a drive and press side is not fun, assembly was good fast paced but overall a much better experience, i would definitely return given the opportuinity. overall a good work place.
Everyone feels differently about this place. Some people are favoured. Some feel not so good about themselves after a while. Best to go and do your job to the best of your ability. And good be fine. Always worth a try. when hired benefits are good. Every long weekend you will be of Friday to Monday. Always chance for overtime.
I was part time and did not do enough hours to give an accurate appraisal for review but there is lots od wrk there and you can apply
to personel Hr DEPARTMENT
Pros
work
Cons
repetitive
Job at deco very stressful but highly productive with strict discipline. Shift there is round the clock with dedicated workers. Experience there is fun
Always under pressure with numbers and quality. Lead hand would try there best to make sure that everything's intact. Overall is a good company to work for.
Pros
Safety and good people
Cons
Weekly changes of shifts
The work was always fast paced but would get to change jobs every hour. Great atmosphere at Integram. Management usually kept on top of things and most workers liked their jobs.
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
Sudden lay offs
everyone works as a team to get the job done. i would off load parts from a line and stack them in bins to be taken to another line in the plant. sometimes the bins would need to be resorted as well
Place only hires temps. Full time workers treat temps like lower class citizens. Good pay but not worth the treatment. I met some good life friends there
Pros
Pay
Cons
Though monotonous, it provides a lot of the Belleville and surrounding towns/ community with a job, and helps to elevate the financial standing of many families in the community. Though difficult to maintain a Job Work/Life Balance, MAGNA Autosystems supplies their employees with plenty of family orientated activities courtesy through MAGNA Autosytems. Management always tries to work with the laborers to ensure that any issue is to be quickly resolved, irregardless of whether it's a personal matter or work related issue. The hardest part of the job, is how hard it is on the body, but the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to come every day to work with a fantastic group of coworkers.
Amazing people, great hours, comfortable environment.
Tends to be VERY hot, but they always offer over time and it can be a great place to work if you are social and open to meeting people from all nationalities.

Rotating shifts are also AMAZING for somebody who likes to switch it up.
Pros
over time, consistent hours, rotating shifts
Cons
hot, temporary shut down in summer months due to lack of work
Every day supporting different production lines, demonstrating my attention to details to a probable defective part, and meeting critical deadlines, it is a place where a good job is rewarded.
Pros
laborers are treated with respect, and you can feel the brotherhood around
Cons
it is not my field, due that i am Graphic Artist
decent place to work if you like a factory place setting and its shift work.management was good they are flexible and understanding. typical day hot fast past loud
Pros
good pay
Cons
Grenville Castings is a great place to work, had a great supervisor who helped when needed. Physical work and challenging. Team players work together to get the job done. We had a certain amount of parts to get done in a shift and we made sure it happened every day.
Pros
Great team players
Cons
12 hours shifts & shift work
Starting as a temp made me receive a much lower payment than the full-time workers. Co-workers were alright. Never saw management, not sure if a good or bad thing. But the caf food was bomb.
Pros
good caf food
Cons
location