Magna International Inc
Information from Magna International Inc:

Magna International Inc Employee Reviews for Assembler

Assembler90 reviews
Canada90 reviews
This job was good. Great management. Lots of things to learn and I enhanced a lot of my skills. Such as time management, safety, efficiency, and cognitive skills.
Too hot to handle... I worked there for a bit n found yes most employees helpful.. just wasn't expecting it to be so hot in there.. pretty cool place to work if u like heat
Pros
Good team
Cons
Very hot
no job security, union sucks and benefit start after 7-8 months if you still have job but mostly you will be fired before you make it 90 working days which could be roughly 7-8 months, you will have sometime week or 2 weeks monthly lay off,

basically company sucks and union sucks, avoid this company
It takes about 15 minutes to park and come to the facility. After check-in. it will take about 5 minutes of walk to get to your station. You have to be there on your line area by 2:30 p.m. Your 15 minute break. it will take you 5 minutes to get to break area, and 5 minutes to return back to the assembly line. So you get only 5 minutes break and same goes for your 30 minutes break. which is actually 20 minutes only.

Your 3rd 15 minute break time is at the end of shift, so you can leave early. which never happens. so you leave at about 11 p.m. after completing due tasks.. shift is 8 and half hour with 25 minute break time.

If you are late by even couple of minutes due to long walk to your station, you get yelled, discriminated, harassed and insulted by your supervisor.

No washroom during break.

MOST workers on assembly are Asian/African countries, so those who don't complain, get to stay and work.

HEALTH ISSUE: LOTS OF HARMFUL FUMES. You need to buy mask.
People there are nice but they're too strict about the scrap parts. Based on my experience you should move fast to make a lot parts always follow the standard quality of checking the parts. The most enjoyable part is when you make friends with the other co-workers
assembling seats exclusively for Chrysler Pacific and Dodge Grand Caravan. the line is always fast and challenging with friendly co-workers. they offer free coffee with snacks, which have reasonable prices.
Pros
Decent salary
Cons
TPT has only midnight shifts
I'm good worker at Magna Seating,I'm have experience on auto Seating
I knew most the job at Integram Windsor Seating,I did all the job from Assembly line worker to Team leader....
The people are great at magna. I enjoyed working there. There is some strict rules to follow and its very fast paced work but other than that a good place to work
Good employer with a suitable organizational culture. It should be noted this is not a unionized environment and this management can be overbearing at times.
Its an okay place to work, clean environment, people are nice and easygoing. The work is very stressful and can be hard on the body if you're behind schedule.
The company was slowdown...they have forced lay-off..i’m one of them...I thought i’m secure this company...but sad go say that i’m not...but I’m thankful being part of this company once a while...
It's a very hot environment runned and operated by a bunch of narcissists. No one does anything but watches and lies if you dont fit there work culture. It's a zero job and I wouldnt recommend someone with long term goals to even waste their time.
I was over fatigued in my first week because of long hours of standing, but I got used to it. 10 minutes break is a bit quick for me, but it's pretty reasonable.
Pros
Premium shift pay
Cons
Salary basis was a bit confusing.
If you work midnight shift, you get nothing but work shortages, unfair treatment, and complete disregard. The company only cares to give non-stop overtime to days and afternoons whilst giving workshortages to midnights, we have enough staff to run all assembly lines on midnights, but the company would rather just run them as overtime. There's times where we'll be running lines, and day shift will come in and kick us off of those lines "So that we can have overtime". In which is not needed as we were fully staffed and running those lines, like what the..... So then we're scrambling to find out where to put our operators and even sending some home; that's right, we send our operators home so that dayshift can run overtime for no reason.

There's been a few times where full-midnights had a complete workshortage on a sunday night, and I came in on the weekend to see, and days and afternoons are doing an overtime saturday+ double time sunday.

If you need any kind of request or paperwork done, or even some sort of action taken care of... Days and afternoons are a priority. Midnights get nothing but the worste end of the stick, we get lied to, mis-lead, deception, and complete dis-regard as if we're a hassle to them, I'm not even kidding when I say this next part, but day shift will walk in your way and even into you without acknowledging that they bumped you, they straight up think midnights are trash, not to mention they treat us that way.

If your temp agency told you that midnights get

overtime

contract within 6 months

contract starting at $17/hr

full
 - more...
Pros
Free coffee, paid lunches, seasonal dinners, time off for christmas
Cons
no overtime, workshortages, lied to about contracts, wages, lay offs to avoid contract/fulltime (Then replaced within a few days by new temps)
Sent home because I had warned people about their rights after a girl was sexually harassed twice in 2 weeks by the same person and the company and union failed to protect her.

0 tolerance unless you're a pervert who preys on women
Pros
if you're a pervert you'll like this place
Cons
if you're a woman expect to get sexually harassed
Co worker nice to get along ,corporate team work,learn news things every day ,good organized professional supervisors and management team.Nice place to work
Decent company to work for. You start off on contract (in my experience) and then show and prove. You get hired on full time if you're a good worker. it was alright there.
i was only in format industries through HCR so benefits was not included as well as pay being less then full time staff however the place held safety as paramount which is always a good thing the people would usually be like minded and would be easy to get along with during down time break time or any time between station cycles
i gave formet a over 3 stars basically due to my own disliking of factory even tho i am going on my second year as a temp contract worker the work is very zombie like in the sense of you really dont need to think at all while on the line and because of that you essentially need to find something to put your mind to just to keep your self from not going crazy as many times depending on the line or station you are on you can make 500-2500 parts a shift so if you have the ability to completely turn your mind off and just work then thats great formet would be a great place to work however i can not
Pros
work is easy to pick up and learn
Cons
extremely brain dead work, no benefits
decent place to work
decent pay

very dirty environment.

overall its not a bad place,

good place to learn and move around.

straight shifts, not rotating
Magna is a decent place to work, the jobs are very repetitive and mind numbing but you can talk to people to make the time pass. It's good money for the type of work you perform there, overall not a bad place to work to make a living.
Pros
Opportunity to work a lot of overtime.
Cons
Mind-numbing repetitive work.
flexible hours.
working with great people.

clean workplace.

working in a safe environment.

have nice team members.