Magna International Inc
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updates from Magna International Inc:

Magna International Inc Employee Reviews

Canada371 reviews
it is a fun place to work at and nice people and management.
a fast paced environment, the workplace is diversified and you get to learn a lot from people around you. nice place and people to work with. also, good management.
Poor management with lack of respect for employees.
Not a healthy atmosphere and serious lack of respect from management. Mandated 6 days a week is NOT a family oriented company. Could be a great place to work if not for the poor management.
No Job security, Union sucks
no job security, union sucks and benefit start after 7-8 months if you still have job but mostly you will be fired before you make it 90 working days which could be roughly 7-8 months, you will have sometime week or 2 weeks monthly lay off,

basically company sucks and union sucks, avoid this company
Very interesting and challenging company to work for.
It was a great company to work for. I enjoyed the work and working with my colleagues. My tasks were very challenging and interesting. They provided very flexible hours.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Flexible hours
nothing i can say..the supervisor was rude..the collegues not friendly.the place was not clean.Always has a slowdown.We work like a robot.And its noise place.
It’s a decent enough job but you have to be ok with long hours hot parts and cleaning if you have the right mindset you can do well would recommend as a gap year job
fun & productive
The work environment is okay, but I feel they should be taking care of the worlkers better.I learn't team work and dilligency on the work.End of year party is always fun.
Productive workplace with ample learning opportunities
Fast paced workplace with supportive coworkers.
Ample opportunities to learn new technologies.

Good benefits and medical packages.

Long work hours from time-to-time.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Magna International Inc?
Good experience
The job itself was physical demanding repetitive no time for family working 12 hours rotational shifts hot and dirty but I learned a lot and I had a good team benifits were great and pay was well earned. .lots of overtime..
Employee bill of rights really works! The work culture is very inclusive, and the benefits included a company car and a free gourmet lunch every day. Awesome place to work.
Good learning experience
it was a fast paced work environment, great learning atmosphere and a great place to work and apply your knowledge. Overall i would recommend this place to everyone.
Great experience
I loved my time at Magna a diverse work environment provided diverse experiences. The people I worked with are educated, professional and simply great individuals
Productive and fun place
My Supervisor at workplace was supportive and kind,i got to learn alot from him.He encouraged me to Be Respectable and Punctual towards our workplace environment.
fast paced environment
really fast paced worklplace. But good pay and benefits. People are helpful. It can take time for new team members to get the hang of work but later it is ok.
Decent salary for part time workers
I attended an interview for production associate (auxiliary).
The interview process was quite easy and straightforward.

Best company to join for part time with competitive wage and lucrative employee benefits
Get a life insurance policy before coming to work in their slaughter house
Be prepared to potentially die on the job. The forklift drivers are massively rushed in their roles and because of this the fly around over loaded frequently hitting other humans and destroying unfortunate objects such as lights, etc. The biggest concern to the section supervisors is their safety record and not your actual safety. If for any reason you are Injured even for a reason no fault of your own be prepared to have the blamed laid 110% on you because of your incompetent for allowing yourself to be injured. I don’t mind sweeping either but be prepared to spend entire 8hr shifts sweeping the same 30 meters for multiple days on end but do not expect to be sent home because they can’t run as a tiny worthless cog you must stay and do nothing while their beloved full times slack off and do drugs around the work place speaking of drugs I hope you like cocaine filled everything as 50% of the staff here have some form of hard drug habit and habitual use on the floor expect to work for the company for 10+ years before you are actually offered a full time position. this company has a horrifying name in ST Thomas consider yourself well warned.
Productive Day
People there are nice but they're too strict about the scrap parts. Based on my experience you should move fast to make a lot parts always follow the standard quality of checking the parts. The most enjoyable part is when you make friends with the other co-workers
Do not care about workers health.
Worked at Magna Windsor Modules. An okay place to work. Many employees that have been there for 2+ years and do training, expect you to know everything even if you have only been there for a day, a week, two weeks, etc. Not everyone is like that. Many are helpful, but those that are not talk down to you. Management is helpful. However, make sure you dont get sick ever and need to call in or you will be let go, if you're within your probation... could be 3 months, 6 months, etc. Speaking from experience, as I had pneumonia and strep and was unable to come in for my shift. I had a doctors note purchased and ready to hand in. Received a call 3 hours later that my position was terminated for having called in due my illness. Not sure what they wanted me to do. Should have just went spread my germs to the other employees
A safe environment to work
A daily routine at work is to achieve the target to build 500 complete seating to supply Ford Oakville Assembly. Beating 45 seconds of your cycle time is the hardest part of the job. Working with the people and getting to know the different and distinct culture of life is one of the unique experience and most enjoyble part of my job. Magna is safe, clean environment and a great to place to work competitive wages and benefits.
Great place to work !
My role at Magna was fantastic. I enjoyed being part of the auto industry and learning about the many things you never think of to reach the end result of a vehicle. I learned something new every single day even after several years invested.
Good working life and safety
The comany offers a good working environment and culture. Disputes are solved with great knowledge. Team leaders are very helpul and nice. The safety features are of great concern. They have principle:
Safety

Quality

Productivity
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Magna International Inc. Our community is ready to answer.