Magna International Inc Employee Reviews

Great benefits, competitive wages, incompetent management
Quality - Weld Destruct (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON15 May 2018
3 shift rotation work for production/materials/maintenance. A great place to leave your brain at the door. The management has a high turnover with their old school ways of thinking which causes low morale for team members. They only thing that made me stay for so long was the great benefits they offer for a wide range of things, premium wages lots of overtime if you want it, however not a place to really brag about. The morale and whole culture needs to change.
Pros
Benefits, competative wages, vacation
Cons
Shift rotation, disorganized company
Great
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 May 2018
Perfect, New job postings all the time. great pay, paid weekly. all the workers are easy to get along with. they offer over time regularly and you're not pressured to work it. ONLY IF YOU WANT TO.
Overall good
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON25 April 2018
I can't say a lot about this company as this is the first and also the only one company that I have been working in so far. It is a typical factory, doing the right things.
very boring job with no room for improvement
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON23 April 2018
if you wanna be judged the second you walk in simply because youre just coming from the job agency instead of getting hired on through one the previous year or so, this is the spot! i was fired within a month for not reporting to the super for going to the bathroom when i had the worst headache of my life and needed to takea minute to cry in the bathroom before heading back to my machine ( after pausing it which causes no issues on the other lines )
Pros
vending machines on site
Fun friendly environment
Courier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 April 2018
Employee or happy friendy environment feeling like family
A place you can grow and learn new skills
Salary starting rate is good and deferent base on position
Cons
Excellent company to work for
SECURITY GUARD & WEEKEND SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Aurora ON20 April 2018
12 hour shifts Aurora ON.
Hard to switch sometimes from days to nights in mid rotation.
Nice to work 4 days on and then 4 days off.
Little to no advancement opportunities.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
switching from dsys to nights in mid rotation
lots of travel
Continuous Improvement Manager Canada (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2018
2. Identify a Paint Automation company who can supply a project manager to assist Brampton in working out all details with regards to spare parts sourcing, obsolete part sourcing, implementation timing, updates to documentation and drawings, skilled trade requirements, timing of project, etc..
Working in a team of talented people always help you to learn something new everyday.
CNC Machine Operator (Assembly Line Leader) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2018
It was a great experience while working with group of talented people and I am feeling proud to be a part of automotive industry where I explore and apply my theoretical knowledge into application.
Pros
free transportation provided
Cons
closed layout feels hot in summer
Enjoyable environment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON9 April 2018
Friendly work environment that was busy all of the time. Other workers were helpful in showing me what to do when I was unsure of something or had questions.
Not bad for what it is
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON8 April 2018
Every Magna is different and some pay better than others and some have better management and better employee's and competant office staff than others. As far as the world of "turning bolts and pressing a button" goes, it isn't too bad if you like to work hard with lots of overtime. My advice is to do this job, save up for school, and get some qualification. Afterall, Magna pays less today than it did 20 years ago and making a career out of a company with such a mindset, would be a nightmare if you didn't have an "out"...
Living in the opposite of heaven
Production Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 April 2018
My goodness if you're young they will take advantage of you. Worked through VK Staffing. Long hours, 6am-4:30pm. And at 19 it's hard balancing life outside of it. I was making 16 something an hour so bare money
Pros
Good wage, time work
Cons
Loads of pressure, long hours, early morning
a good place to work.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  mississauga1 April 2018
At Magna every work day is filled with production expectation,this is as a result of high expectation on the part of management who are often under pressure to meet up with production .
Pros
Cons
long hours if we are behind in production
Word class Automotive Manufacturing Plant
CNC Technologist (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON29 March 2018
I believe Magna International is the global leader in automotive suppliers. I learned a lot at magna and worked with a lot of great minds from the floor to the upper management levels.
Great place to gain experience and make connections
Human Resources Administrator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Rexdale, ON27 March 2018
I had a great time working at Magna. It was really faced paced and everyone was super nice, they always took the time to help teach me new things and learning was a part of my every day at work.
Production operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2018
Working in MAGNA ROTO-FORM as a production operator for me is good. I have fun and enjoyed despite of my shift (nights). Management is good, making sure that their employees are safe first and foremost. But all I can say is, if you love your job, everything is good.
Nice place and reasonable hours of work
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON18 February 2018
Large and fast paced environment, a total work force of around 800 people, with over 30 years of manufacturing in York Region. Launching new programs every 2 to 3 years.
Large scale corporation
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON18 February 2018
While working at this company provided a lot of opportunities the distance to travel from work was too great. I enjoyed the production aspects of this job as well as working with many colleagues.
good package
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON30 January 2018
Good package but terrible management that change every year with completely different direction. It is an exhausting job with limited support or structure.
Magna
Strategic Commodity Buyer (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON25 January 2018
Magna is an international automotive OEM - excellent place to work. Decent pay and good benefits. Great experience and a an excellent place for someone with limited experience to learn and grow
Positively Challenging Job
PROGRAM SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON24 January 2018
Magna Closures is a manufacturing environment. It is obvious there will be certain stressful days. However, the manager I worked with understood the stress and was willing to support me as their employee. The human resource tries their best to accommodate their employees because they do know of difficulty in a manufacturing environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Magna International Inc. Our community is ready to answer.