Magna International
Happiness score is 61 out of 100

Magna International: 1,041 Employee Reviews

Canada1,041 reviews

Found 1,041 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,732 reviews

A typical manufacturing facility, fast pace kind of work, if you likes to be busy then you may consider working in Magna as a machine operator.

There are 3 shifts at work, so there are some flexibility on which schedule is best for you, upon getting your full time status comes a boost in salary and benefits, a busy environment but rewarding at the same time.

It's ok if you need a job

Good news is that you have a job & are making pretty decent money. The bad news is that it takes a lot of your life, it's repetitive, & mindless.

Insights into Magna International

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

They only hire through a temp service

They totally take advantage of hard workers, while the lazy co workers watch.Takes forever to get hired on to the company rather than being kept as a "temp"."temps" are treated like dogs. Always talked down to, sent home early before the shift is finished.Very hot. Not enough air ventilation. They have propane lift trucks throughout the plant which makes the air quality very poor.The new temps get paid MORE than the "full timers" who have been there for years that even train the temps lol.While I was working there, many "full timers" quit due to that fact. Company tells them the company can not afford to increase their salary (the company isn't performing well etc.) yet a whole bunch of temps make more then them? And the agency makes money off the temps too.. So really, how much is the company paying for temp labor? But they claim they can't afford to pay the full timers at least the same. Its a joke.

Pros

50% contribution for new hires to rrsp if you're lucky enough to get hired in the first place.

Cons

Rude co workers and management who treat temps like dogs.

Assembler

I’m learning new work in my life after 45 years old and it’s beautiful for me.It's not more time that I've become unfamiliar with Magna Company, but I can say that this company is good for newcomers in all fields of work and can be a good starter for those who want to learn new work and make money and get to know the technology of the world.

Relaxed

Its the good place to work but the promotion is not fast as expected, you have to stay at the same position for number of years ir until someone above you get rtired.

Easy work just repetitive

The place is nice to work. The jobs you do will be hard or easy depending on which lines you are on but nothing too heavy. The work is light-medium and you are expected to build the best quality parts you can.

It was ok

The work was pretty good if you didn't mind the smell. There was also no insulation in the place so summertime was incredibly hot and wintertime was unbearably cold. The upper management didn't seem to know what they wanted from one day to the next. However, the employees were pretty cool to work with and the wages/benefits were great so it made up for the other stuff.

Overall good company to work for

Good workplace culture, interesting applications, competent management, competitive salaries and good benefits, work diversity / opportunities, company organized events.

Pros

Overall, good company to work for

Cons

Work-life balance can sometimes be challenging to manage with workload.

The team is great, senior management not so good.

It all depends what team you are on, with a good manager and team mates it could be a good place to work, but it is rather disorganized in some teams. I am still getting a feel for the company, and I would only recommend it to new graduates that are looking for a decent pay and stability.

Meh

It was whatever. Job is easy enough. Pay could be better. Pretty much the same as everywhere else in the field. Minimal break times because of the Harper government, and hasn’t been reverted since.

Pros

Average Job

Cons

Average Job

Uneducated hand-leads and supervisors

Most of hand-leads and supervisors are uneducated and they got their positions only by seniority. They were doing nothing to help you completing the job.

Pros

Training

Cons

Uneducated hand leads

Fun fast pace environment

Good company to work for good benefitsPay is good as well they have a great phone plan they constantly give you dinners and gifts for holidays and when you win awards

Good place to make money short-term

Not a very safe place to work (averaging 1 safety incident per day). Hellishly hot during the Summers. Mandatory overtime every single weekend. Only two 20 minute breaks per shiftBut they pay pretty well and the work isn't particularly hard if you can handle the heat.

Fun workplace great people low pay

It was a great place to work were I learned many things I just think that the pay was too little. I felt like some of the things that they made me do was above my pay grade

Mentally stressful non caring people.

I deeply regret getting hired here. Would not recommend too many injuries there non caring people. They have to bring in temp workers that do not speak English because no one else will work for them this site has a very bad reputation for treating staff poorly, and injury rates are high.

OK place to work

Good money, nice people. Lots of movement available if you want. Lots of people exiting the company for other opportunity's. Benefits are good, company is stable.

Great place to make money if you have no life

Numbers,numbers, numbers is what matters most. If you have an issue with being treated like a robot do not apply. Would be ideal for single people with no family or self worth.

Great company. Chances of advancements are higher

If you hold a degree/diploma, and you like automobile manufacturing industries, then this is the right company for you. Work is fast paced, stressful and heavy but think of it as doing an exercise. I'm talking about 10000-12000 steps per day 👣. It's hot during the summer so be well prepared. Good luck.

Pros

Free juice, coffee, tea. Great cafeteria.

Cons

Robotic lifestyle

Great company, no work life balance

Magna has a lot of great programs thay encourage employees to improve their skillset and to network with other brilliant, creative minds. It is a tense, stressful environment.

Too many managers not enough realistic expectations

If you work at this plant, you will be met with lots of different managers. Some that have nasty attitudes yet don’t do next to anything. Favouritism is a constant thing and depending how Work scheduled your personal life isn’t considered before we can plans of production. Production is king always.

High safety standards

I worked for Magna for 17 years. The work environment is safe and the people are friendly. Great benefits, pay and vacation time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the workplace culture.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Magna International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement