Magna IV Engineering

Magna IV Engineering Employee Reviews

Excellent experience, non-competitive salary
Overall good experience. I worked for edmonton office in Engineering group. Good office location and neat and clean office. Job security is one of the problem here. People of colour will have issues working in the company as for some reason they are left out in many opportunities as well as social gatherings.
Pros
Good learning, strong technical skill development, smart people
Cons
Salary, Hr, Discrimination, It
Good company to start career with
People in Engineering Department at Magna are really awesome (except fes but who doesn't have perfect workplace). Senior Engineers and Supervisor care for your growth. Projects are few niche types but will teach you a lot if you're a new grad!
racism, favouritism, no job security
racism, favouritism, no job security at all and poor management is a summary of this company. the Magna was the worst company that I worked for. long time seat at home without payment and manager does not care at all. they give most of the job and money to limited employees ( Favouritism). It was my worst experience that I never forget.
Perfect startup with Edmonton office, But its terrible in Calgary branch.
Poor & weakened management in the Calgary branch. It is the worst branch in Magna. All the crews quit except one kind of team leader before I got hired up.
Don't care about employee, No enough PPE in the shop, Ignore safety.

Long periods (2-3 months) of no work (you don't get paid)

Managers don't do what they say. Management is horrible

People don't work here all career, this is a step for your career.

Provide great internal technical training.
Great Opportunity
This company is definitely in a growth phase with lots of potential if you have a highly technical background. Lots if independance and autonomy for all of the roles.
Pros
Flexibility, remote working
Cons
long term work funnel
Good place to Work and Learn
MAGNA IV provided me with the training and tools needed to become successful in the job.

However, due to an abundance of new hires it made the work environment competitive among co-workers resulting in 70% of the new hires either quitting or being fired within the first three months.
Worst place to work.
Don't care about employees, cut wages and benefits every year.
Long periods (2-3 months) of no work (you don't get paid)

Managers don't do what they say. Management is horrible

People don't work here all career, this is a step for your career.

People here are not nice. Watch out.

Don't even think about advancement if you are not white and speak english well.

Provide great internal technical trainings.

Too many good companies out there to work for. I have been with 3 employers, Magna is the worst.
Pros
free coffee, bbq if you work in office
Cons
too many to list
Fast paced
Easy going

Gained knowledge

No overtime - rarely

good work life and home life balance

Nice co-workers

Management easy to approach

Day to day work was good
It's a job.
Worked there for over 5 years. No raise, two pay cuts and took on three positions. But they always pay on time so that's a plus!
Upper management needs a complete refresh. Complained about things and suggested ways to improve loss and wasted time and effort but no one listens.

They also don't really reward you for hard work. It seems like the ones who work less get more recognition. But there's alot of favoritism that goes on here. Whether it's because they hire family or close friends.
Pros
Pays on time.
Cons
Negative work environment. Poor management. Don't do what they say. Favoritism.
Poor compmane, never pay in time
Company is close to the bankruptcy. They can offer $80,000 max to senior position. Nobody stay here for a long time. I did work for 8 month on senior position.
Pros
Cons
read my comment
Great Organization to Work for Overall
While working for MAGNA IV Engineering, I found that the job was very enriching for a young worker when I worked there. Being a person of little experience at the time, I found that they had a passion in teaching me the ropes and helped me immensely in finding my niche in the company. With their competitive salary rates and flexible pay options, high pressure occasions felt relatively comfortable and were very easy to overcome.

On the other hand, I unfortunately fell victim to not getting a ton of repetitive training and at some occasions I wasn't trained at all in some parts of my job which unfortunately lead to my dismissal due to inability and lack of expertise.

All in all, I would recommend this company to anyone who is experienced in the electrical engineering field and would say overall it was a very good place to work.
Pros
Free lunches/dinners, open access kitchen, pristine work environment
Cons
Seldom Repetitive training, Frequent High Pressure Periods.
wasn't worth the sacrifice
I had fun working in the field and I enjoyed the work, it was hard, it was challenging, and often shifts were back to back but there were numerous times where I was put in a position that I had to take a stand for the good of the company as liability was an issue and I was thrown under the bus for it. I had numerous letters of commendation from clients but was told I was not aloud on sites that I did have to take a stand which was a lie.
There is nothing quite as hurtful as a company that you sacrifice for so hard and they toss you out without a second thought. I was once written up for looking intimidating, I have heard that manager is gone now and maybe things will improve but I am still down and out because of what this company did to me when I did so much for them. I would caution anyone from working here for too long, take the opportunity to move on as soon as it comes up.
Pros
some of the staff here were really good
Cons
some of the staff here are the most poisonous people on the earth
excellent palce to work
good people

good management

treated well

pay is good hours can be low

company has changed to better over last three years. best company I have worked for in the 20 years I have worked
At the time I worked there the Company was great and allowed you to do your job without micro management. Since then all management has changed and the partners are all different so I really can't review this company any longer
out going manager
well to be honest the only good thing about this place is the support staff.

After revising the current opinions, I must agree with most of them.

The current safety manager is great beats the last two, the person he reports too is CLUELESS about safety and does not care about anyone but themselves. Human resources what can say that has not been said about rats.

avoid this company if your management or field craft, it is not if but when the safety pyramid comes crashing down due to poor safety culture and lack of envolvement.

they are the perfect pusedo safety company .
Pros
none we'll support staff aka admin and electronics department t/tool crib
Cons
poor pay they want McDavid for minimum wage. poor benefits for being union and no HR support
not really caring about their employees
Elitist, poor work relationship company. Safety not taken cared of by the management and non-existent safety person at any time. Ambitious, smart, non-experienced young technicians ready for a safety catastrophe to happen. Management far apart from the field technicians with very few exceptions. Office job people never go in the field to actually see what team is doing. Big, apparent strong company with broken sail, skipper went missing. Sorry...
Pros
decent salaries, a chance for young low paid engineers to start their careers
Cons
false relationships in working environment due to fear of being laid off
Great learning experience
I have personally learned a lot from my time at Magna. My personal supervisors were a major benefit in my personal advancement and encourage me to learn and grow in all areas of my field. I feel that it is time to move on and explore other companies involved in the electrical field where I can continue to personally grow as well as expand my knowledge and career.
Cons
Poor work life balance, upper management structure and organization, poor teamwork/collaboration in upper management
watch your back
Office staff seem to have it good but the field crews are nothing more than work horses to be worked to death. If you are not willing to sacrifice all of your time to this company they will decide not to work you. It is best if you don't have a family and be ready to work any schedule that suits them.
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
are too many to list
Extreme Caution Advised
If you enjoy being overworked and under appreciated this is the job for you. This is a very elitist company that often recognizes social prowess over hard work and skill. Much of the equipment is antiquated and unreliable. Safety is always a back burner item and if you push an issue the office manager will threaten your job. Many of the client managers will throw people under the bus to cover for their lack of action and preparation. This company as very narrowly avoided serious injuries or fatalities through lack of proper training and supervision. This company is on a sure path to catastrophe and unless you work in the office it could very well mean your life.
Pros
free coffee if you are in the office
Cons
lack of safety, you are only ever a number, you will be required to give up your home life.
Comfortable work place
Flexible hours, Good RRSP, Benefit package, Annual Bonus,
Very talented team, client focused with wide range of service, Nice south location, My Working hours were from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
no cons
The perks are great the people are not
While I worked here I enjoyed the perks the company had to offer like team building events, chili cook offs, summer bbqs, decent salaries, opportunity to move up etc. Unfortunately, at the end of the day non of that matters if your co-workers are verbally abusive, management plays favoritism, and any issues you bring up are not dealt with. It felt as though they wanted to put a band aid on things that were wrong in hopes that it would just heal on its own and go away. At the end of the day the money wasn't worth it.
Pros
BBQ lunches, chili cook offs, team building, salary
Cons
verbally aggressive employees, poor management, favoritism