Magicuts

Magicuts Employee Reviews

Canada41 reviews
was ok pay needs to be more though to match the times, overall good feeling in the store, positive environment, but stagnant management, needs to recognize hard workers
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
poor pay
I managed a Magicuts for 2 years. I increased their product and service sales by 100% in the first 6 months. I was not part of the interview process of new hires. The stylists they hired had little skills, or ethics. It was nearly impossible to make commission, and if you did, it was because you worked 80 hours a week and then it wasn't worth it. Don't work here.
It's a cat fight some days working here. Lol
Competitive people, undercutting each other.

Negative environment to work in.

Not great pay. They do not give raises
I feel that any issue I brought up was never dealt with and was made to feel like I was the problem for bring issues to management's attention. I feel we had a bad manager and district leader.
Pros
always lots of walkin customers
Cons
everything really
Magicuts was very close to a barbershop atmosphere. It was super busy and mostly men’s cutting. Excellent tips which was one of the perks of the job. Always was a 5 chair waiting time.
Pros
Busy
Cant survive on the pay you get there is no benefits
Girls are easy to get along with its a relaxed atmosphere just not that busy anymore

Tips are good when its busy
This place was fun to work out because of the different people you meet everyday. Unfortunately the salon closed recently. Was surrounded by talented people.
its a great place to work. management is its like one big happy family. we all get along. a typical day at work is you take walk in clients and appointments.
Great place to work starting out! Short shifts, which made it a bit hard from living in the country. A lot of buisness and very busy. Great place to start out your hairstyling career!
Management did not address issues of the troublemakers instead persecuted the victims for speaking up punishment was not working busy day, which only hurts the company in the long run
Between the locations, management and corporate run mess this business is failing quickly. You work yourself to the bone for little pay and even less recognition and appreciation. Honestly if you are looking to start your hair styling career you are better off putting in the time and effort into apprenticing somewhere that they see you as a person and not a dollar sign.
I have truly enjoyed my time working at Magicuts. There are always endless stories told you by every new face coming through the door, it really does make your day fly by!
Servicing customer needs
On going education : haircuts, colours, perms and computer skills

scheduling, inventory retail knowledge,

Hours standing all day with arms above your head, and trying to please customers.

Meeting new people laughing , sharing their family milestones' and making people happy. Giving people courage to explore new possibilities.
Pros
Free Hair services
Cons
its ok if you became a hairstylist to do mostly seniors, men, children and basic cuts and colours for very low wages. But if you want to pursue hair as a career I would definitely stay clear of regis corporations, there is very little training, minimum wage, no advancement. Turned me off hair all together, I couldn't provide for my children on minimum wage.
Fast past work, loved they clients i had was nice meeting people from all ages. nice clean atmosphere to work in, staff are nice people! Overall its a relaxing place to be at. I made friends with all the saff there and had a good time.
Pros
Good tips.
Cons
No uniforms . Hair stays in clothes hard to get out
Great place to work with opportunity’s for growth. Provides constant education up grading so we stay on top of the latest trends and techniques. Very understanding when ever a staff member may need to take time off. Over all a very nice place to work and a great team to work with.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Long days
It was fun and the girls worked as a team and the manger was very fair. My co workers all worked together very well. And we had very good cliental. It was a very fun relaxed place to work.
Pros
Good people to work for
Cons
Not paid very wellqq
This was my first job after completing my Cosmetology course at Burridge Campus NSCC. I did my job placement at Magicuts and was asked to work fulltime after my job placement was over. I was granted by the school the ability to leave school to go work and go back to graduate as I was ready for the work force. I was employed here until I decided to open up my own mobile business.
A good place to begin an apprenticeship program to apply training in a practical setting . Weekends were much busier than weekdays. The overall environment was a pleasant experience.
Great company to work for. Love head office. I enjoy the job just not the pay. Minimum wage doesn't cut it even with tips. Would love to see the owners spruce up the place and maby get more into 2017 and update the products.
Unfortunately this magi cuts closed .l miss it a lot.l loved my customers .the owners were amazing.this was one of the best companies to work for.lots if room for advancement.they promote within the company.
Pros
Fun place to work.and awesome christmas parties
Cons
It closed