Magic Leap Employee Review

Chaotic environment
NPI Materials Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FL16 November 2017
A typical day of work would include rushing to my desk, clocking in on ADP and immediately start placing orders for prototype materials and tooling. Arrive early, work through lunch and stay late. Work from home after hours and on weekends

What I learned from my experience there was the more hours I put in, the less I felt appreciated. It actually took a toll on my health and well-being. as well as my family who I felt like I'd been avoiding. The stress that the job caused, created a very high impact on my social life.

As far as management goes, it's about a 50/50 split. 50% good; 50% NOT so good.

Workplace culture is very diverse, although many of the employees hired there are from a large electronics corporation. With that being said, there are a lot of the "other life" practices in place, which in turn causes "cliques". If you're not with a particular "in crowd" then you're not going to be working there for very long. Just my opinion of course.

The hardest part of the job was constant pressure to do more and fast. Although I was very capable of doing so, when being rushed, yelled at and publicly humiliated by management, I tended to make mistakes at times. I would admit my mistakes, but that was never acknowledged as a valid reason. We're all human, and we all make mistakes. Owning up to it is what any professional would do, and I did.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of something unique and amazing. Excellent pay and benefits. Lots of very creative and talented employees.
Pros
Free lunches, snacks and beverages.
Cons
Hostile and chaotic environment.

Other Magic Leap Employee Reviews

Quick paced and demanding
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FL4 June 2019
Constant moving and working. On the bright side, your coworker help you along the way. Training is insufficient but coworkers help with that aspect as well. Your colleagues will be your most important tool and support.
Pros
Colleagues and pay
Cons
Management, organization, training, and hardwork
Magical to say the least
Optical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FL29 May 2019
Incredible breadth of work with consistently interesting projects. Co-workers were brilliant and supportive. Easy to get sucked into the work but had a limitation of 40-hours a week for interns.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Magic Leap. Our community is ready to answer.