Maggiano's Little Italy Employee Reviews

unhealthy environment
Banquet Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC11 April 2018
Did not enjoy my tenure at this Restaurant.
The job required I was underpaid for, and the hours were not competitive nor were they conducive to maintain a living condition..
And with the high priced meals and events, they shouldve been able to pay my position according to their company standard
High energy environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NC11 April 2018
The restaurant was well run, it had a great training program. The restaurant was busy and did a great job providing the tools to be successful. The support form upper management was great. I felt heard and challenged
Pros
pay benefits
Cons
hours lack of career growth
Really Excellent Company
Waitstaff (Current Employee) –  Naperville, IL10 April 2018
Excellent benefits, which are pretty much unheard of in the industry for non-management. Everyone has been with the company for extended periods of time - like 10-15 years. Really good senior management and training.
Pros
Benefits for non-management, Good management, Great Training
Cons
High expectations and fast paced, You'll make great money but you won't be standing around.
Productive, positive,sometimes fun
Good steak menu
Good hours to work
Good money
Very good atmosphere
Pros
50 % full manu meals
Cons
No breaks
Catering Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA29 March 2018
Highly recommend working for Maggiano's Little Italy. Work environment is very friendly and teammates are always helpful and friendly. Scratch kitchen with lots of flavor.
Busy
Server/Busser (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC26 March 2018
Very busy restaurant. Management is okay, somewhat understanding of a students schedule. Pretty good money, great food and you get a good discount while working and when you come in.
Nice People, Management and environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CA21 March 2018
All of the above, plus the fact serving positions can wavering in consistent tips. For the most part its a decent second job to collect some cash for a saving goal.
Pros
50 percent off delicious food
Cons
Inconsistent in Tips, second Job material
very fun place to work but not serious
Host (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CA20 March 2018
The overall staff and management was the best. It was very hard getting hours though. They do not notice hard work so you have to ask for your way around things.
Pros
fun, food
Cons
not enough hours
It was a party
Banquet Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 9003613 March 2018
This was a banquet hall, so there was always a function going on. Having done food and beverage all my life off and on I was good at it and enjoyed the staff I worked with.
Pros
Free food and cookies etc.
Cons
Very hard work, very physical when setting up and when taking down the party room
great places and food
Bar-back / Busser (Former Employee) –  los angeles11 March 2018
friendly great mangers with coworkers and helps when needed . great area and Los Angeles . never been as hard of a job because they show everyone to help each other to keep a busy company .
Pros
greats people and food
Cons
n/a
Very busy and chaotic work environment
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA10 March 2018
My responsibilities were to wash all dishes and pans, take out and compact trash, and pretty much clean the kitchen and back loading area. The work was very fast-paced and labor intensive. I did my best everyday but I didn't feel like my co-workers were doing the same. Other than the intensity and tediousness of the job, it was a fun experience. The management really goes out of their way to help us out.
Pros
Feed you at lunch
Cons
1 Break for an 8+ hour shift
Server/Bartender Review
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH5 March 2018
It is a great place to work. Fun atmosphere and outgoing team. Everyone is willing to help. Management is pretty good and easy to find when in need. The restaurant stays consistently busy since it is right next to Kenwood shopping mall.
Pros
Strong teamwork, managers are usually willing to help and 50% off food.
Cons
The same cons of most typical restaurants.
Great
Server (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX3 March 2018
Awesome staff and a great set of managers. Great set of customers that love to come in and have fun. Work environment is awesome and enjoyed going to work.
Pros
The food
Cons
little breaks
Awesome company!
Delivery/Catering Sales & Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJ1 March 2018
Maggianos is a great company to work for. They truly believe in their employees and harbor a great environment of teamwork. They are always developing staff and make it a fun place to work.
Pros
Development
Cons
Sometimes unorganized
Overall
Dishwasher (Crew Member) (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO28 February 2018
The management is a joke. They continuously would switch my schedule around to benefit them. They would also play with my pay rate continuously telling me I would receive my raise but would receive it weeks to months later. The jobs a joke!
fun professional workplace
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OH27 February 2018
I get to work at about 9am make coffee and tea
set tables make sure the floor clean meal prep roll silverware fold napkins when people come in start sating and taken orders reading the menu selling wine
i learned how to make drinks decorate for differant events
i learned how to make differant foods
the management team was really cool and understanding they made it comfortable to work there
the hardest part was after a party or banquet breaking down tables rooling them out or if we have to bring about 10 tables in and put them together
the best part about my job was making people happy meeting new people decorating the room to look so amazing for parties
Maggiano's
server (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA27 February 2018
Working at Maggiao's really taught me a lot about attitude and the way you need to carry yourself as a business guy and really be productive at work and go the extra mile to really get paid what you deserve.
Pros
tips, putting smiles on customers
Cons
sidework, and checkout
we make friends for life
Waiter ● Bartender (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL23 February 2018
thanks, this was the best learning experience .. very good team .. management it's incredible, the training its amazing.. if this is your first job... you'll be an expert in a little time
Solid serving job with high earning potential, but inconsistent money.
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL21 February 2018
High volume restaurant with large parties and family style dining. Fast paced work environment. Good serving job except they cater too much to guests even when they are obviously taking advantage of the restaurant and its employees. Managers didn't back us up enough.
Pros
Good food, Free food some times, managers are nice
Cons
Long weekend hours, no holidays off
Diverse Environment !
Server (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX20 February 2018
Welcomes all different walks of life with love. Managers take the time to develop relationships with employees and customers. Will definitely refer place of employment to job seekers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maggiano's Little Italy. Our community is ready to answer.