Magellan Aerospace

Magellan Aerospace Employee Reviews

Canada48 reviews
A company that provides good competitive wages and benefits. Well rounded organization the helps employees to gain experience and have the chance to excel with their jobs
Extremely bad management!!! No family values only value the money they are making.. Don't care about there employees.. Hostile supervisors and plant manager has no people skills.
Up early and set out the work that I will be doing. This work is a one man job, prepping parts for the oven and 30 minute preheat at 530 deg F. safety is of importance. Ajustable weld table makes life easy. Job is all hands on.
Flexible hours: you can start as early as 6am and as late as 8:30am. Management is easy-going.
A lot of work, lots of challenges.

Good environment.

Gym on site.
Human Resources does not protect you when your boss harasses you everyday and does not leave you alone. Don’t waste your time applying. Toxic work environment.
Overall, the company has a great benefit and compensation plan. There is shift work involved. The training is on the job and you have a mentor assisting you through the training period.
Old school; management culture. Once you get in you will never get a raise or noticed. Its a revolving door of employees leaving. The local joke is that Magellan is a trainer of what not to do when you get a real job
Very busy place but layoffs when slow. Good pay long hours but layoffs . Good company lunches and bonuses . Lots of in shop activities and lots of family fun days
Pros
Family fun days
Cons
Layoffs
Operational Excellence is a great class which allow student to have interaction with company. In that class, our team assisted Magellan Aerospace to find and solve problems of a specific process
Maintaining CNC machines and other equipment
Aircraft industry is never stable and can't offer job stability

Never trust the management

Is ok as long you are part of the union

Very dirty oily and very sharp parts not enough PPE in specially proper gloves

Very good maintenance team with a few exceptions.
Pros
very good production supervisors in my shifts
Cons
operators not so much willing to help
Magellan Aerospace is a very fast-paced and at times stressful environment, however co-workers are extremely supportive of each other and there is a real feeling of teamwork and belonging. It is a great place to settle down for long-term employment, where you will form very close working relationships and be exposed to opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Fantastic benefits, flexibility, on-site wellness centre & parking, opportunities for advancement, and much more.
Cons
Communication between different departments could use improvement.
Pros: Secure Employment, Great benefits package, Awesome people to work with, - Flexible hours and great work/life balance, Developmental environment with lots of room to grow career-wise.

Cons: On-boarding process was tedious, Contract work.

Advice to Management: Be more open to cultural change and organizational streamlining processes.

Advice to Management

- Be more open to cultural change and organizational streamlining processes.
I have enjoyed my 10 years of service and challenges of my work performed at Magellan. Many times, I would miss the coffee breaks just to solve a problem because of the dedication and passion I possess. I worked well with fellow employees and enjoyed passing on my knowledge to them. We all make mistakes and it is important to help employees learn from their mistakes. Over the years, I have experienced the transition of computer accounting programs. I am so grateful for the many experiences I have learnt at Magellan.
Pros
Social & Welfare Club
Cons
Air conditioning
Most work was repetitive with filing shop orders however expectations weren't too high with being a summer student. Nice colleagues that gave other projects for me to work on which were more interesting.
Pros
Summer employee BBQ, Softball
Most of employee here where worked 20 yrs above so they were protected by lowsy union if yoy where just started even if you work hard you will be kick out when tge order is slow or the company has ni order
Pros
Good salaries and benifits
Cons
No place for advancement
This is a company with solid traditions in the Canadian aerospace manufacturing business. Many, many employees are staying for 20-25 years and this says it all.
Pros
Traditions, structures, processes ...
Cons
Slower than average pace
Good company to work. Senior Management is very traditional and stuck in the 80's. very difficult to move up in the organization, unless you are from the UK.
Pros
Great oppotunity to learn and drive continuous improvements
Cons
Executives set in their ways, culture is resistant to change
Very reputable and enjoyed working there. I worked there for 4 months and I think i gained a really valuable experience. Moreover I think this is a good place as this was my first engineering job.
The wages are fair but alas the company looks to be going under. All mfg work is being done in India or Poland, people waiting for the ax to fall so a grim but short future.
Pros
wage
Cons
everything else
work in production,folllow companies manual to produce quality product ,can work as group and as individual.they have a wonderful management as they giving trainings for newly hired people.
Overall, this company is given a poor rating because the employment experience suffered from the following:
Management having unrealistic expectations of employee output,

Workplace peers that cannot be relied on to do their jobs properly,

Lack of a training program for new employees,

The unstated expectation that employees work unpaid overtime.
Pros
Interesting Technical work
Cons
Undue pressure to meet unrealistic project schedules