Maersk Line Employee Reviews

Since Jul’16 to Apr’18 with Damco India, Gurgaon as Team Leader – Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Warehousing, Transportation & Landside Services
India as Sr.Executive (Intermodal Operations) (Former Employee) –  Delhi6 May 2018
Key Responsibilities
• Drive LSS (Landside Services )/VAS (Value Added Services) delivery targets for the entire region. Customize the product as per the needs of clients Like WALMART , TARGET , TJX , WILLIAM SONOMA , H & M, MACYS , TESCO and KAIBI and foster the culture of customer satisfaction
• Negotiate and maintain standard agreements rates with clients for LSS/CFS ( Container Freight Station) activity across all locations in the region.
• Establish WMS ( Warehouse Management System ) for Retail Clients.
• GPS tracking of Trucking movement.
• Ensure branch finance is collected or paid in a timely manner.
• Drive financial improvement plans of existing customers.
• Monitor and drive team Data Quality in Documentation.
• Prepare & maintain operational Contingency Plan
• Maintain relations & conduct regular review meetings with Vendors.
• Negotiate and maintain standard agreements/rates with vendors /other service providers for VAS activities across all locations in the Region.
• Create an approved pool of vendors; design and implement a vendor approval process.
• Deliver superior Service Delivery & maintain close contact with all Key stakeholders.
• Ensure DAMCO is complied with all of its statutory requirements for Customs, Ports, and local authorities
• To develop KPI’s to monitor CHB vendor performance in line with expectations from DAMCO.
• Ensure maintenance of SOP’s
• Initiate and drive regional projects when needed
• Share best practices across the region
• Monthly reporting and commenting on KPI development.
• To ensure that all locations
  more... in the entire region adhere to the customs requirements by maintaining proper records.

Personnel Management
• Ensure that the team is well educated on operational / motivational requirements
• Succession / people development plan
• Establish and monitor clear objectives
• Responsible for employee engagement in the VAS team
• Lead the VAS team and meet the requirements of the clients
A good team member
Second Officer (Former Employee) –  Denmark, NS27 January 2018
Oil and Chemical Tanker Experience. Working in Maersk Line for 12 years. I am now migrating here in Canada with my wife and 2 kids. Navigating officer as second officer Loading and Discharhing Oil or Chemical liquid cargoes with the Chief Officer assistance. When i was a 3rd Officer i am in charge of Life Saving Equipments, Fire Fighting Equipment
Pros
Free launches
Cons
10 - 12 hours
Challenging and Learning Environment
Navigating Officer (Current Employee) –  Europe to Canada .Working on ship.29 December 2017
Job at sea is always a challenging job.Everyday is a new experience and we learn new things daily .Management is very good .Culture being strictly followed as stipulated by company and is very good.Everyone have their rights to enjoy and peace of mind at sea.
A good workplace
Chief Cook (Current Employee) –  National Capital Region29 July 2017
A nice and safe place to work, on time salary remittance, good culture, core values of the company implemented successfully, a good relationship between employer and the employess
like baseball
Able Bodied Seaman (Former Employee) –  us east coast far east asia middle east canada29 June 2017
the time i worked withs maersk line was my first job on cargo ship that wear i got started to get to know more about vessel maersk line is a very good company the vessel that i was on was name tobias maersk she was a semi container ship we worked the east and west coast off usa and far east asia for a while then we got changed to us east coast canada and middle east
big company
General Manager, Greater China Area (Former Employee) –  China Lake, BC30 May 2017
this is a big company majoring in freight forwarding business. the work place is good. The management treats staff fairly. you can have a good communication and they also provide a lot of training.
Its a very good place to work in
Electrical engineer (Former Employee) –  Denamark14 February 2017
You will face the European standard of work environment with punctuality and accuracy.
You will love working with Danish people.
The way of work and the way to handling tasks will excite you.
Pros
Work team
Regular Business Workplace
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 January 2017
Regular business hours
Co workers are great
Hardest part of the job was silo thinking.
The people were the most enjoyable part of the job.
A lot of train provided.
free wifi
bosun/pumpman (Former Employee) –  worldwide10 September 2016
very good people to work with,very friendly and easy to work with them.good environment free wifi.good ship well maintain. allontment always on time,no delay thats the most important.
Pros
free wifi
Cons
long hours (dependable)
they have good condition ships with gymnasium onboard
Deck Crew Ratings (Current Employee) –  On-board a ship26 August 2016
Working on-board provides attractive salary but the risk, danger, and psychological effect to seafarers not to mention the love ones left at home is not worth the pay. Everyday is routine, wake up at your watch, do maintenance. Life is so precious and has a lot of possibility, I realize it working at ship when I think of things that I can do and plans I have made what unfortunate about it is that I am bounded by the metals of the ship. Every 3 months a Captains contract ends which is the arrival of the new one and so the management change, what is good to the previous might be unpleasant to the new one. We are doing all our best as a Crew to finish our contract and looking at each other to be safe and go home alive and in one piece. As a Seafarer all of my job is tough my environment is tough but the hardest of all is complying with all the regulation of the sea and ship that even the act of common sense is being questioned. Visiting different countries is fun but when you realize that its not possible to go ashore then disappointment is your feeling most of the time.
Pros
everything you need is provided on board
Cons
after every vessel assignments is also the end of all.
Excellent experience, gained alot of knowledge with the crews.
Deckhand (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL18 July 2016
I bounced around many boats, and was able to pick up valuable lessons from experienced crews. I was able to travel, passed through the Panama Canal, and sailed to Nova Scotia a couple of times. Panama was definitely the highlight of my time with Maersk. I would love to see more of the world through this career. I thought the world of our captains, officers and deck crews. The weather is rough on the Grand Banks, but I've worked outside my entire life, it comes with the job. I would like to get back onto a time on/ time off routine again. Maersk also provided me with several courses, FRC being the big one.
Pros
Some travel involved occasionally
Cons
Wish I had started earlier on
nice people to work with
Client Services Specialist, Inventory cordinator (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC27 May 2016
Enjoy the break with colleges; stable working environment; but less fair promotion opportunity, even a big global company.
Pros
finish work and go home, 24hrs opening
Cons
hard to promote
Productive and fun workplace
Loss Prevention and Quality Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC5 August 2015
The right blend of challenging work in a fun and friendly culture can be hard for most companies to perfect. But according to me, Maersk is not like most companies. People at Maersk get a lot of responsibility and they’re known for going the extra mile and get paid well for it too.
Pros
Free lunches, coffee, good salary
Cons
work-life balance, stressfull
Good Management and Great people to work with
Dock Worker & Building Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC28 July 2015
When I first moved to Canada, this was my first job and I have learnt a great deal about receiving, maintaining, handling and shipping of inventory and supplies. There was a great team environment and an amazing supervisory staff.
Pros
Clean environent, high safety standards
Cons
Irregular hours
I had a great time working here.
Yard Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC30 January 2015
I coordinated a 40 door cross dock and helped coordinate the full trailers and ordered the MT trailers, while maintaining a yard full of containers. Also dispatched out our local guys and helped with the maintance of the shunt and shuttle trucks.
Good place to work.
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga22 October 2014
Management was great.
Wished it was full time.
Co-workers were great.
excellent company
3rd Engineer (Former Employee) –  worked on their gas fleet8 October 2014
slow promotions, but excellent working environment, professionally managed,
Feels Like Home
Campaigns and Communication Manager- (Current Employee) –  Cairo13 February 2014
Its a company that force you to feed that you are working for your own business
busy, friendly work enironment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario4 October 2013
lots of customer contact, relationship building, autonomy
Pros
good benefits and salary
Cons
shrinking industry, out sourcing
Very Corporate and Customer Service Oriented
Call Centre Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario13 September 2013
Mostly answering inbound calls from Clients and problem solving.
Pros
Good pay and benefits. Job security.
Cons
Long hours, very stressful.