Mad Radish

Mad Radish Employee Reviews

Canada26 reviews
Featured review
Mad Radish selected this as a representative review
Amazing place to work with amazing food!
Mad Radish is a huge opportunity to improve your skills! It's a fun environment with nice energy! Everybody is really amazed by the concept created...the company is focused not just in health food but the customer experience and our environment (all the bowls and cutlery are compostable). It's a wonderful place to start and grow up! How is the food? It's absolutely amazing!!!
I'm really lucky to have the opportunity to work for a company so passionate to make people happy!! I'm totally happy and motivated to learn every day more and more!
Pros
Fun and friendly environment
Cons
I can stop thinking in their amazing cookies and vegan brownie! 😊
Fun staff but issues with management
Fun team of employees but management was not good. Very corporate and did not stay true to their word regarding benefits. Also very slow and long shifts.
Highly dysfunctional company, poor management.
Management is unreliable and downright abusive to their employees. Your hours can fluctuate from 5 to 30 a week depending on what is convenient for the manager, not the staff. This is an issue as MOST days they are understaffed. Because of this, the work environment is stressful and negative to say the least.
This company also paints itself as sustainable, eco-friendly which it is NOT by any means.

Sure, you get free lunches, but at the cost of your mental health.

I would not recommend working here.
Positive work environment with opportunity to grow
I've been working with the company for several months and I'm genuinely surprised and delighted by how the management team empowers their staff. I've been given many opportunities to learn new skills and to sharpen my existing ones.

Start-up culture isn't for the faint of heart, so the work environment requires you to come equipped with hustle, grit and a can-do attitude. There will be times when you'll be asked to do tasks that might not necessarily align with your job title, but don't get discouraged. If you possess the mindset of working towards the 'bigger picture', then this is the company for you. The pay off is worth it! It's a wonderful company with endless potential.
Good start up company
Good workplace with chill environment and the management is okayish. Sometimes, they are a bit hard on you but I guess that is situation everywhere. Overall I would say it is a good place to start with and get experience and if you like it you can take an advancement there.
Nice people working there
The management team is still trying to figure out a way to balance things out and it is still very new. The company's roots are not stable, things change a lot of times but people are nice there.
Pros
Free meal over 5 hours
Cons
only one staff 50% off for one item in the whole order per day
Management suck
Management make lots of promises about hours, promotion, and growth to use staff. Fellow staff members are great but everyone is miserable about the job. Always feels a little understaffed and staff are always scrambling to get work done. Manager is lazy and lacks knowledge about food service.
Nice workplace environment, hard to get full 40hour work weeks
Enjoyed the workplace environment. The management is very supportive of the staff, there is room for advancement. They are all friendly and nice. I would definitely recommend.
14 November 2019
Thank you for sharing your positive experience at Mad Radish. People are our number one focus in everything that we do. We are delighted that your experience was a memorable one, and recognize your contribution in making us the best place to work. We also appreciate your feedback around scheduling Full Time hours and are currently working on a solution for this. If you have any suggestions on how to improve our culture, please email us at: hr@madradish.com
Terrible in-store management of retail locations,
Bad work experience for most - a direct reflection of company's obsession to grow quickly. It quickly becomes evident that staff are at the bottom of their priority list. If you are looking for a part-time job for short term, its fine. But, do not commit to the company.

- Staff are amazing

- Management is highly disorganized (mostly because the whole company is), won't listen to staff, and manipulative - lack of transparency and communication

- Management avoids dealing with problems and confrontation

- View all staff as replaceable

- Witnessed many staff members get used and treated very poorly (long and short term)

- They refrain from giving promotions for as long as possible to avoid paying properly

- No effort put into proper training and management lack experience in food service

- Can become toxic environment for some
14 November 2019
Hello, thank you for your comment. We’re very sorry to hear about your experience at Mad Radish so far. We take continuous improvement seriously, so we appreciate your courage in sharing your thoughts with us. As we strive to do better, please feel free to share more specific feedback with us on how we can improve our culture, at HR@madradish.com.
So this place sucked.
They paint themselves out to be this amazing company that takes care of their employees. Here's the thing though, they really don't care about you. The hours are awful, at the end of my short time there I'd get two-hour shifts, and then stopped getting any at all. Manager yelled at us over little things. The people I got to work with were awesome though.
14 November 2019
Thank you for your feedback - and thank you for sharing your time with us at Mad Radish. We're sorry that you didn't feel valued as a Team member. We agree that there is room for improvement where scheduling is concerned and it can put additional pressure on our teams for more hours. Our Leadership team is working hard to restore the balance by exercising more discernment when it comes to our hiring and scheduling practices. We are grateful for the dedication our Team Members show by being patient with us through these changes. If you would like to share any further insights, please feel free to confidentially email us at hr@madradish.com
Don't work here
Any good reviews here are probably fake/asked to be written by management.

Store managers and higher ups do not care about staff at all. Use many people. Underpay. Not enough breaks.

Staff are nice but no one enjoys the job.
14 November 2019
We are sorry to hear about your experience at Mad Radish. We strive to put our employee experience at the forefront and are committed to fostering a positive environment. If you would like to discuss ways of improving our culture, please feel free to email us at hr@madradish.com.
Disappointing and not worth it.

- Staff are amazing

- Management avoids dealing with problems and confrontation

- View all staff as replaceable

- Can become toxic environment for some
Extremely disorganized management
Management ended up overhiring people and thus some employees would never see shifts. Also, you can't claim extra shifts through the Restaurant365 app because they don't check it. Your boss will not respond to your questions. They do not listen. They train you very poorly and sometimes you won't even get trained on how to do certain responsibilities in the first place. Favouritism is how you get promoted here. Management is overall disorganized, and my boss has the spelling of a 3rd grader. They may forget to give you your employee number too.
Pros
Free lunches, fellow employees are nice
Cons
Disorganized management, favouritism
Productive but dangerous
All of the coworkers were on task and friendly for the most part. Unfortunately, however, management was unorganized and did not follow many safety regulations.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Safety regulations not followed
Good part time job
No full time hours available. Only really busy for about an hour per day. Overstaffed . Good place to eat good food and get part time hours. A few too many extra hour trainings and "staff parties" that I needed to attend in order to get a promotion. Left to work somewhere that offered more hours. I'm sure they'll figure it out eventually.
Pros
Free lunch, vegetearian food, trendy atmosphere, comfortable uniforms
Cons
Not enough hours, unlikely to be promoted, lots of trainings and activities off shift
Best place to work and eat
I love this place! I was a customer first, and now I get to work here. They are fantastic at what they do, and everything is so fresh and clean.
My coworkers are great, and we are having fun together.

Lunchtime is crazy though, everyone needs to be super fast, but I feel like everyone is doing great and we help each other.
Pros
Good working hours/ no late nights, very involved and understanding management, growth opportunities, free food
Cons
No parking around my location, short shifts sometimes
Fun people and free lunch :)
This place is great. My manager is working with us every day and is very patient if we make mistakes. (it's my first job, so I'm not perfect).
A lot of opportunities for growth and support from the rest of the team and management. Everyone cares so much about food and customer service. It's nice to feel you are working in a place where the standards are a lot higher than anywhere else. I love my break as they give me free food and it's delicious.
Pros
free food (including ice cream), free uniform, growth opportunity, Nights out with the team
Cons
very busy during lunchtime
Fun place to work!
I really enjoy my job with Mad Radish. It is great interacting with friendly customers and the food is to die for (even though it's healthy). It can definitely be challenging at times but that's also what makes it rewarding. I am proud to be part of this company which also thinks about things like the environment with all compostable packaging.
Pros
great food, free shift meals
Cons
fast paced during lunch but makes time fly by
terrible
I’ve had some pretty bad jobs but this one takes the cake. Cant remember the last time I had a shift where someone didn’t cry. Awful workplace environment. When I started this job I was so in love with it but it was way too bad for my mental health.
Pros
Good hours, Good food
Cons
Bad work environment, Constantly working under pressure
Proud to work here
Positive, fast-paced work environment, I have learned so much here! And I love that they only use compostable packaging and donate to local food banks. The salads and bread are so tasty too, I am really proud to tell people I work here.

They also seem to be opening lots of new stores, so there is lots of room to grow if you want to make this your career!
Pros
Nice uniform, Delicious food, Great values
Cons
Can be very fast paced at lunch!
-Great environment and culture, team loves working together.
-Management is friendly

-Lots of growth opportunities

-Lots of employees perks, free uniforms, free meals, discounted merchandise, paid weekly, etc.
Pros
Free food and good environment
Cons
Need to be comfortable working in fast environment