MAD Elevator Inc.

MAD Elevator Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada34 reviews
Great & fun place to work
MAD is an excellent place to work, I enjoyed my time there. Senior management prides itself in making MAD a great place to work. Production area was less organized they other places, not sure how it is now that they've moved. Job security was really good, only reason I left was to make more money for my family.
Pros
Senior management prides itself in making MAD a great place to work.
Cons
Production organization
Worst company to work
Very stressful but not enough compensation. Many employees resigned to this company because of stress levels and bad work environment.
Definitely dont recommend to it any friends
fun work place
Friendly environment, much experienced colleagues and good place to grow your own experience The Production results are displays and the comunication is great
Great company to work for.
I have worked for MAD Elevator Inc. for roughly a year now within the Finance department. Even though my experience was limited, the organization gave me the opportunity to grow and advance. As long as you're willing to learn and put in the time, management and coworkers will help you succeed. Work life balance is great, working at MAD still allows me to do all the activities I like. The work atmosphere would have to be the best part of MAD as everyone is very inviting and easy to work and collaborate with to get the job done. If you want a jump start in your career or continue your career MAD Elevator is a great place to do that from my experience.
Pros
Great opportunities to advance
Cons
Commute
Toxic Eneviroment
This is a toxic environment to work, will not recommend anyone to start a career with this company.
The management needs replacing, if you can suck up to the boss this will work for you.

They don't invest in their employees, high turnover, and take advantage of immigrants.
Pros
Cons
Gm, and directors, if you are female they will hire you no problem
Great for new grads
Good team environment, good place to learn and see how a proper Manufacturing facility functions. Lots of standards already taken care of and some automation in place. Truely a great place to take your first steps
Management lacks knowledge,leadership and accountability
Lot of things are blamed at each other. Operations hides its onsite troubles, production makes everything incorrect.

This place does not seem like a multi million dollar company, and the structure isnt there.

This place is for new grads just to gain and experience and get out. There is no future at mad elevator
Good place for a career.
Working at Mad is always challenging, you get to interact with all departments. It is a place where you can learn a lot of new things, and develop. There is endless opportunity for those who want to put in the effort to be awesome at what they do. The moto is that you have freedom, to make your own decisions on how best to do your job, which can create space to carve out your niche in the company. Glad to see a lot of promotions coming from within the company at all levels. They are continually growing - lots of opportunity. The downside is if your always growing some areas can have strain, as they grow. Overall good experience.
Feeling Optimistic
Good interview process. Orientation on day 1.
Work is good. People are very nice. I like the areas - clean and new

I want to stay here for a long time
Stock room associate
Worst ever work place culture. Diplomacy on it's peak. Management is rude and unprofessional, need to learn some manner because they don't know how to treat an employee with respect. Hardest part of job is to face rude behaviour and micro management.
Stressful environment
Too much pressure for employees, no leniency. Management behaviour is not good with staff. so many changes and implementation needs to be done. Diplomacy on its peak.
Good overall environment
Good place to work, Good people and a lot of growth in the company. Good place to showcase your skills with a lot of support from peers. HR is very good at what they do.
Pros
free events
Cons
high turnover
Something is better than nothing :)
Company should Develop successful administrative strategies. Not a place for professional and experienced workers. They need to learn some coaching techniques to solve disciplinary problems in the company.
New Grads, Apply Here. Good Foundation.
Mad has grown exponentially in the 4 years I was employed with them. The company is very forward thinking and extremely proactive in terms of the setting the industry standards in elevator fixtures and cabin interiors. It is a great fit for new grads and those looking to establish skills in a new industry. If you plan of being a "lifer", you may face some struggles as the processes at Mad are constantly changing. While the management may not listen to all that you have to say, they do promote an open door policy and certainly adhere to that. That being said, different managers have different approaches to handling their departments and often lacks cohesion. This is not a knock at their skills but rather, the company's overall expectation of each department is muddy and unclear. During my time at Mad, the employees where often the best part. Of course, there are difficult people in every job setting, but there was a sense of comradery which was promoted with various team building activities and work perks. Overall, my experience at Mad was enjoyable and would recommend them.
Home away from Home
When you have to spend time away from family and work for a living, it is refreshing to be able to fit in to an establishment that is able to combine a professional and fun "Mad Family" atmosphere.

It is one thing to love what you do, but when you feel appreciated and valued as a team member, it fuels you to put in the utmost effort everyday. Being in the industry for almost 20 years, I have loved my job but dreaded my work environment, this is a welcome change!
Pros
Teamwork, Social Events, Company Integrity
Company that continues to grow and cares about its employees
Forward thinking company that continues to grow while the rest of its competition doesn't.

Big office with manufacturing plant in the back, everyone here is very friendly and easy to get along with. Lots of knowledge from many people who have been working in the elevator industry for a long time.

There is so much to learn that it will take 1-2 years to really get it all. Company spends a lot of money on keeping its employees happy with social events and just little things that make it enjoyable to come to work each day.

Salary could be a little higher as well as the benefits but they are working on both to give employees a little more. There is no micro-managing, no one breathing down your neck, you basically succeed based on your own work ethic.
Pros
Co-workers, lunch room, social events, no micro-managing
Cons
Salary, benefits
Good Place for new recruits
Good Place to start your career. You will learn a lot in terms of fabrication and manufacturing processes. This is a growing company and you will also grow with it. However, growth is very limited after a certain point.
Pros
Company events
Cons
unstructured workplace, Super high expectations, High turnover
Great workplace for motivated individuals
Great mix of casual yet professional work environment. Management tries their best to keep employees happy while trying to run an effective business. Constant growth makes this a fast-paced and challenging work environment, which is an ideal setting for some but not all.

Pros: Open-door policy, organized events, periodic free food (BBQs, fruit day, donuts, samosas, etc.), coffee machine, popcorn machine, ping pong & foosball table, health & safety training

Cons: Fast-paced and busy environment isn’t for everyone. With company growth comes changes in policies, but headed in the right direction.
Pros
Open-door policy, organized events, periodic free food (BBQs, fruit day, etc.), coffee machine, popcorn machine, ping pong & foosball table, health & safety training, newly renovated building w/access to public transportation
Cons
Overoll Very good company, Enjoy working there but salary is bit less
Overoll Very good company, Enjoy working there but salary is bit less. Respect every culture. management is excellent. growing company. Supervisors are extra ordinary and knowledgeable.
Great Work Environment.
I have been with MAD Elevator for 6 months and it has become my favourite place to work. So many friendly and knowledgeable people under one roof. Management is very approachable and easy to get along with. This is definitely a place I could see myself working long term. I can finally say that I’m proud of the work that I’m doing. It’s very rare to find a job that you enjoy doing, MAD is that perfect fit.
Pros
Multicultural staff, progressive attitude, management that actually cares, benefits and up to date training for all employees.
Cons
Na
OMG worst ever.. they are not listening.
No Security and safety No respect No dignity. Management needs to learn some manners, ethic and professionalism. People are working but not from heart.
Pros
Hardly 1, Coffee area
Cons
So many
Official response from MAD Elevator Inc.
24 September 2018
Thank you for the feedback. Health and safety of our employees is one of MAD’s main priorities.

While you may no longer be with us, we are very concerned about your feedback and want to hear from you directly to shed some light on your experience.

Please email us at hr@madelevator.com.