MAD Elevator Inc. Employee Reviews

Home away from Home
Sales (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 November 2018
When you have to spend time away from family and work for a living, it is refreshing to be able to fit in to an establishment that is able to combine a professional and fun "Mad Family" atmosphere.

It is one thing to love what you do, but when you feel appreciated and valued as a team member, it fuels you to put in the utmost effort everyday. Being in the industry for almost 20 years, I have loved my job but dreaded my work environment, this is a welcome change!
Pros
Teamwork, Social Events, Company Integrity
Good Starter
BOM (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 November 2018
Good Company to start your career. You will learn a few things and get a footing in the industry. But not worth it to invest your career long term. Not really a professional company. Not much profanity.

Growth is limited up to a certain point. Only a hand full of bright people in the organization. Very frustrating to work here. Owners are good but management are not capable managers. Too much delegation. Work culture is not performance oriented, too much pointing fingers and internal politics. If you are a good hardworking bright young person, then prepare to overwork till you start doing hard drugs.
Pros
Company events
Cons
no job description, long hours, very low compensation compared to industry standard
16 November 2018

Thank you for your feedback. While we have not experienced a turnover in a BOM role in 2018, we are happy to announce that with the employee growth experienced this year, much has changed. Our team certainly feels we are amongst bright people. Succession and building bench strength are a focus for management. Some of our current members have stated “This is the best workplace you will ever work, it is amazing” and bureaucracy remains little to none. If you are ready to be a part of the change you wish to see at MAD Elevator, we invite you to apply to return.

Avoid if not desperate for a job
Buyer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 November 2018
Every day here will feel like hanging on a cliff by a branch trying to survive. You will feel a sense of achievement each day because you know that you have survived the day without any physical or moral injuries.
Work culture here requires a total revamp. MAD has a pass the ball culture where everyone just forwards an email trying to get things done. Nobody takes the initiative to progress and show results. Everyone will pass the task around. If you are a person who likes to work, then you will suffer due to the culture because everyone will just come and harass you to do the task.Best part about this is because there are no job descriptions so you can learn more, go above and beyond to do "x" number of things to work yourself off. This will help you to progress in life as an individual and apply the prioritizing/ time management skills elsewhere.
Most people are also quitting primarily due to the frustration in the workplace. Good part about this is that you may or may not become a hardcore drug addict with all the pain and suffering you will go through here. A wise man once said that most people don't quit the job but they quit their managers, which is actually true. Management here are not seasoned managers. They need more training. Management should do courses on emotional intelligence.Harvard has a really good program.
And implement kaizen in the organization because there are a lot of useless tasks which don't really add value to the organization.
Pros
learning, self development
Cons
long hours, no reward/low compensation, no structure
16 November 2018

Thank you for being one of our employees who cared and worked hard while you were with us. Your feedback is concerning. We hope that you and all our employees are not abusing substances. If you are a current employee doing so, please do let us know and we can get you the assistance you need as per our Substance Abuse in the Workplace Program. We certainly appreciate your feedback and will take a look to ensure our employees are supported every step of the way before they think of switching careers.

Our Continuous Improvement team is working very hard with several changes to processes and improvements including Kaizen. If you were still with us, you would find yourself very pleased with the recent work environment.

Company that continues to grow and cares about its employees
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 November 2018
Forward thinking company that continues to grow while the rest of its competition doesn't.

Big office with manufacturing plant in the back, everyone here is very friendly and easy to get along with. Lots of knowledge from many people who have been working in the elevator industry for a long time.

There is so much to learn that it will take 1-2 years to really get it all. Company spends a lot of money on keeping its employees happy with social events and just little things that make it enjoyable to come to work each day.

Salary could be a little higher as well as the benefits but they are working on both to give employees a little more. There is no micro-managing, no one breathing down your neck, you basically succeed based on your own work ethic.
Pros
Co-workers, lunch room, social events, no micro-managing
Cons
Salary, benefits
Good Place for new recruits
Project Planner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 October 2018
Good Place to start your career. You will learn a lot in terms of fabrication and manufacturing processes. This is a growing company and you will also grow with it. However, growth is very limited after a certain point.
Pros
Company events
Cons
unstructured workplace, Super high expectations, High turnover
Great workplace for motivated individuals
Office Employee (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 September 2018
Great mix of casual yet professional work environment. Management tries their best to keep employees happy while trying to run an effective business. Constant growth makes this a fast-paced and challenging work environment, which is an ideal setting for some but not all.

Pros: Open-door policy, organized events, periodic free food (BBQs, fruit day, donuts, samosas, etc.), coffee machine, popcorn machine, ping pong & foosball table, health & safety training

Cons: Fast-paced and busy environment isn’t for everyone. With company growth comes changes in policies, but headed in the right direction.
Pros
Open-door policy, organized events, periodic free food (BBQs, fruit day, etc.), coffee machine, popcorn machine, ping pong & foosball table, health & safety training, newly renovated building w/access to public transportation
Cons
Overoll Very good company, Enjoy working there but salary is bit less
Wiring Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2018
Overoll Very good company, Enjoy working there but salary is bit less. Respect every culture. management is excellent. growing company. Supervisors are extra ordinary and knowledgeable.
Great Work Environment.
Jr. Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 September 2018
I have been with MAD Elevator for 6 months and it has become my favourite place to work. So many friendly and knowledgeable people under one roof. Management is very approachable and easy to get along with. This is definitely a place I could see myself working long term. I can finally say that I’m proud of the work that I’m doing. It’s very rare to find a job that you enjoy doing, MAD is that perfect fit.
Pros
Multicultural staff, progressive attitude, management that actually cares, benefits and up to date training for all employees.
Cons
Na
OMG worst ever.. they are not listening.
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 September 2018
No Security and safety No respect No dignity. Management needs to learn some manners, ethic and professionalism. People are working but not from heart.
Pros
Hardly 1, Coffee area
Cons
So many
24 September 2018

Thank you for the feedback. Health and safety of our employees is one of MAD’s main priorities.

While you may no longer be with us, we are very concerned about your feedback and want to hear from you directly to shed some light on your experience.

Please email us at hr@madelevator.com.

mechanical designer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 August 2018
Best Owners but worst HR and management
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga Valley, ON24 June 2018
Recently they made some changes in HR and it reflects badly to company reputation, before the environment was good. currently working in this company but looking for a job. Unprofessional and worst HR and management i have ever seen in my career.
Cons
HR and management
25 June 2018

Thank you for your feedback. MAD Employees enjoy an open relationship with management including HR. We are disappointed to hear that you are not enjoying the changes that have grown MAD Elevator to its current heights. However, we understand that not all environments are a great fit for everyone. As a growing company, we know that our future is built through our people and we want to hear from you as our current employee. Our HR and management team invites you to speak to us openly and honestly so we can find what makes it good for you again.

Wiring Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Valley, ON9 June 2018
Worst company, Grouping, Racism and Discrimination
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 June 2018
Don't play with your career...They are not following ESA law. Everything is worst.. not paying Public holiday hours according to the law. Treating people unfairly.
Pros
Cons
A lot
7 June 2018

Thank you for your feedback. MAD employees and former employees identify with our incredibly diverse workforce where they enjoy statutory holidays and lots of autonomy to make great decisions. Our people are our assets and our culture is focused on customer and employee centricity. However, we understand that not all business environments are a great fit for everyone. MAD has always maintained open communication and we consistently encourage our valued employees to challenge the status quo and to voice any concerns they may have.

professional envirenment
Mechanical designer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 May 2018
this is one of the fastest growing company of the country, the perfect place where to learn, required constant problem solving skills, good team, good people
Pros
good time
Cons
long hours, but time flies
First place I actually see myself staying long term
new employee (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 May 2018
There's definitely a lot to do, a lot to learn. People are nice and supportive. Going to work everyday is something I look forward to now in this place.
Fun work place, fair and open culture, lots of growth and opportunities
Office Employee (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 April 2018
The new location and facilities make this a comfortable place to work. Co-workers are friendly and very open and helpful. Everyone seems very driven to succeed in their individual work. Management is clear on expectations but not picky on how you get there as long as we all do. Flexible hours, ability to work from home, table tennis, foosball, big lunch room with more than enough microwaves. We get fresh fruits from the farm every month. They just did Samosas last friday in anticipation of New Year traditions for tamil celebrations apparently an annual event that has happened for the longest time. Looking forward to more events to come.
it was a busy and productive work place.
Shipper/Receiver/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2018
i enjoyed working at Mad Elevator Fixtures and i enjoyed the varied work duties everyday and the people who i worked with were all team players. Overall i would say that it is a good company to work for.
Pros
fridays pizza day barbeques during the summer .
Cons
making excessive work schedules long hours and too small of a work area
Plant manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2018
Great place to start a career or energize your career. Many passionate people about what they do. Good work life balance. People are treated fairly. Senior management want to do a good job
Pros
great team
Horrible place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON10 January 2018
Horrible place to work

Management needs replacing, the owners are very good people.

I will not recommend anyone coming to work for this company
Pros
Elmpoyees are very nice
Cons
Management needs replacing
18 January 2018

Thank you for your feedback. The staff at MAD were saddened to read this review, however we understand that not all business environments are a great fit for everyone. As a fast paced and growing company, we do ask much of our team members – most enjoy the challenge. MAD has always maintained an open-door policy, and we encourage our valued employees to voice any concerns they may have.

It was friendly environment to work there.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON8 January 2018
It was friendly environment to work there.All the people are very cooperative.I really enjoy.Manager are really nice people and I learned a lot of valuable experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MAD Elevator Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

MAD Elevator Inc. Reviews by Location