Macro Properties

Macro Properties Employee Reviews

Canada8 reviews
From an HR Perspective
My HR position with Macro Properties has been a highlight of my career. I enjoy working closely with our employees and Head Office team members on a daily basis. Our employees's wellness, training, work environment, compensation, health and safety, growth, engagement, and feedback, are all top of mind in every area of our business! Our managers are incredible leaders who value their teams.
Great place and people to work with
I truly enjoyed my time working at Macro Properties. The ownership and management were fair and the culture was inclusive. It was easy to contact management and get answers and directions to deal with job related issues. It was a great team and I do miss the people I worked with.
Awesome place to work for
I have been in the company for a while, everyday is something to look forward to and is never boring. The company has been great in supporting their employees to enhance your skill set to be successful in your job. Awesome place to work for.
Poor
They had me driving my own truck all over City to multiple properties burning my own gas and creating were and tear on it. They always came up with excuses as to not having to compensate me for my gas or milage on my own vehicle. They expect you to be on standby on weekends or time off but refuse to pay you more than an hour peccall-out.
Nice place to work
Management is involved and knows you by name
Small staff so very personable

Small in town staff, easy to get along with

Opportunity to advance in the company
Energetic and positive workplace/Downtown great places to eat
The staff were great to work with and most everything was a team effort. Being in the maintenance dept. there was always something new or challenging to do and learn. The Manager and Supervisor were always very supportive. I always enjoyed working with the building tenants and looking after their needs. One of the most challenging parts of the job which became the most fulfilling, was troubleshooting building equipment and HVAC system problems.
Pros
Good benefits package
Cons
Do not offer a pension
Over all I've totally enjoyed my job at the Neptune Inn-owned and operated by Macro Properties, and hope one day they will decide to re-open.
My day starts with the regular customer's early arrival-due to early shifts they work, always a pleasure to see on a regular basis!
Whether for just a cup of coffee and a sandwich to go, or a full meal.

I've gotten along well with all fellow co-workers, and was sad when the company decided to close the business.

The hardest part of the job, was when a co-worker was a no show, and I had to work solo on a very busy day-of which was just about every day.

And for the most enjoyable part, was meeting different customers from around the world and seeing repeat ones on a daily or weekly basis.
Pros
Having the opportunity to do daily specials, and free staff meals.
Cons
Getting stuck on a shift by myself, when I have a no show coworker.
My 2nd time round working for this company. They are big enough as a company but small enough to know you personally. You are not just a number here. Its not a very busy office so there are times that I dont have any work to do.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macro Properties. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3