Macro Properties

Macro Properties Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews

Very safe work ethic safety first all team play era watch out for each other and hazards

I think my foreman did not want old people working on his crew you wanted to hire his pun crew over all great for the community great support for their employees and family members

Pros

Full time employment

Cons

Great wages

Great work place

Best company to work for in Toronto. If I didn’t move my family. I’d still be there. Always treated like family by owners. Great upper management. I was always able to go to my superiors for advice. Company supply phone and computer. Christmas bonus. Alway treat me with respect.

Pros

No micro management

Cons

Sometimes hard to handle people in the neighborhood

Insights into Macro Properties

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Sense of belonging

Job that need to be treasured

No Complain... Very good Management. From a to z.. relocated me and my family in prince rupert easy. Everyone is Awesome and friendly.. working here will give me better chance to earn and save money...

Cons

No A & W in the city

Never a dull day in this place!

Working for Macro Properties is always something new, each and every single day. Management is always helpful, inclusive, and always willing to teach a new skill or task. They are respectful and believe in actually helping a person learn instead of constant negativity. As my job changes on a daily basis, I never really know what the day is going to bring. As an Administrator, I work with both management and the public in things like leasing, showings, documentation, complaints, etc. I also do more behind the scenes, such as a newsletter, accounts receivable, accounts payable, scheduling appointments and contractors, etc. I've learned an incredible amount from not only my immediate manager (who is probably the best manager I've ever had the pleasure of working with) but our Head Office team in Toronto is also awesome to work with.I started working with Macro Properties in 2019 as a Contracted Maintenance worker and within a few months moved into a permanent employee role in the Maintenance Department. A year later, I moved into the Administration Role and have been here for just over a year.

Pros

Management is awesome, Summer Hours, Work-Life Balance, Encouragement

Cons

Sometimes the work load is a little much

I have enjoyed my employment with Macro Properties since hiring on in 2019. Our quaint work group allows for us to stay connected while being productive. Macro has also allowed me the flexibility for personal time whilst still staying on task at work.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

No Health Benefits

Interesting place to work never a dull moment

Enjoyed working gor the company. Upper management usually cordial and easy to talk to. Always a new adventure daily . As former maintenance then working in office driving to the various properties mainly tenant relations, company did pay for my fuel with an allowance for repairs. Coming from private management then provincial government housing it was a learning curve however senior management always willing to answer any queries.

Pros

Good place to work for. Benefits are good.

Cons

At local leval constant bullying and harassment by management and maint supervisor

From an HR Perspective

My HR position with Macro Properties has been a highlight of my career. I enjoy working closely with our employees and Head Office team members on a daily basis. Our employees's wellness, training, work environment, compensation, health and safety, growth, engagement, and feedback, are all top of mind in every area of our business! Our managers are incredible leaders who value their teams.

Great place and people to work with

I truly enjoyed my time working at Macro Properties. The ownership and management were fair and the culture was inclusive. It was easy to contact management and get answers and directions to deal with job related issues. It was a great team and I do miss the people I worked with.

Awesome place to work for

I have been in the company for a while, everyday is something to look forward to and is never boring. The company has been great in supporting their employees to enhance your skill set to be successful in your job. Awesome place to work for.

Poor

They had me driving my own truck all over City to multiple properties burning my own gas and creating were and tear on it. They always came up with excuses as to not having to compensate me for my gas or milage on my own vehicle. They expect you to be on standby on weekends or time off but refuse to pay you more than an hour peccall-out.

Nice place to work

Management is involved and knows you by name Small staff so very personable Small in town staff, easy to get along with Opportunity to advance in the company

Energetic and positive workplace/Downtown great places to eat

The staff were great to work with and most everything was a team effort. Being in the maintenance dept. there was always something new or challenging to do and learn. The Manager and Supervisor were always very supportive. I always enjoyed working with the building tenants and looking after their needs. One of the most challenging parts of the job which became the most fulfilling, was troubleshooting building equipment and HVAC system problems.

Pros

Good benefits package

Cons

Do not offer a pension

Over all I've totally enjoyed my job at the Neptune Inn-owned and operated by Macro Properties, and hope one day they will decide to re-open.

My day starts with the regular customer's early arrival-due to early shifts they work, always a pleasure to see on a regular basis! Whether for just a cup of coffee and a sandwich to go, or a full meal. I've gotten along well with all fellow co-workers, and was sad when the company decided to close the business. The hardest part of the job, was when a co-worker was a no show, and I had to work solo on a very busy day-of which was just about every day. And for the most enjoyable part, was meeting different customers from around the world and seeing repeat ones on a daily or weekly basis.

Pros

Having the opportunity to do daily specials, and free staff meals.

Cons

Getting stuck on a shift by myself, when I have a no show coworker.

My 2nd time round working for this company. They are big enough as a company but small enough to know you personally. You are not just a number here. Its not a very busy office so there are times that I dont have any work to do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macro Properties. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement