Mackie Moving Systems Employee Reviews

very bad workplace ever seen Mackie Markham
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 February 2019
Excessive supervisors and Lead hands. Need to reduce supervisors and Lead hands and add more people to work on floor.I found total 3 supervisors and 3 lead hands 1 inverotry analyst to handle actual 15 people work on floor. Mostly double job working people relaxing here
Pros
comfotable timing
Cons
overtime for special leadhands only to relax
Poor supervision
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON31 January 2019
Mackie Markham Division have lost many good working people including myself due to insufficient pay. they must reduce supervisors and hire bottom staff.
Pros
Bottom staff need pay hike at least 20$ Min/ Hr
Cons
to reduce overtime
Ok place to work
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON17 January 2019
Very Busy dispatching
Management was ok
The culture was ok
Hardest part of the Job finding drivers to cover the loads
Most enjoyable part of the Job were the People I worked with
Well organized
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON29 December 2018
A very well organized company in the moving business. Worked as an owner operator and was some what successful. Had to leave the job for personal medical reasons.
Ok play for quick money
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON2 December 2018
I worked here up until my 2 days before my probation. Was absolutely amazing at the job and figured things out even there staff couldn't making them lots of money for items not being sent back, dedicating all my time and effort into the job, 12-16 hour days and they treat you like garbage. They'll tell you you are not right for the job meanwhile you're doing better then there own drivers ! Good place to make easy money for a month or 2 before you find something good. THEY DO NOT WANT TO PAY BENEFITS AFTER 3 MONTHS FOR NEW PEOPLE.
Pros
Get to see ontario
Cons
12+ hours no lunch
No room for Advancing within the company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON22 October 2018
They mostly hire short term contracts so they don't have to pay benefits once your probation period is over. Expect to spend most of your free time here to be spent within the office for minimum wage.
good place to work
GENERAL HELPER (Current Employee) –  Middleton, NS12 September 2018
Just getting to know the expectations of the job when work seemed to dry up. only working a few weeks. good place to work if getting enough hours on a steady basis.
Pros
reasonable pay for unskilled labourers
Cons
no problems as Im single and available for any hours
Don't waste your time!
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON6 August 2018
This place is a revolving door.People leave after few hours on the job.Horrible management, intimidates employees that don't know any better and if you speak up for yourself you are a called in the "principal's office".Move along don't waste your time with this company.
Pros
productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON24 April 2018
Great atmosphere with friendly staff.
Mackies does a lot of charity work and has a good team atmosphere.

They have been around for many years in this area and foster a family old school work ethic.
Pros
close to home
Cons
shifts
Not bad for 14 of my 16 years there.
DZ Driver/Furniture Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON8 April 2018
Not a bad company...made some"interesting" decisions about the future direction of the company that baffled me. I was there for 16 years..so it couldn't be all bad.The company decided to separate the various divisions, which affected the management structure and ultimately several company policies which led me to believe that my future was no longer with that company.On the upside, the Mackie family are pretty decent folks,and ,while I may not respect some of his decisions, the owner of the HHG division was there on my last day to shake my hand and wish me luck.
Pros
Benifit plan, In my case I drove fairly new equipment
Cons
In the last 2 years of mt stay it became hard to determinbe what direction the company was heading.
Fast paced Human Resources
HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON5 April 2018
Event planning-Employee appreciation days
Recruitment: Pre-screening telephone interviews, face to face interviews, job offers
Health & Safety Committee to ensure within Ontario guidelines
Pros
Team environment
Not sure how to feel
PACKER (Former Employee) –  Middleton, NS21 March 2018
Was not overly impressed with how management dealt with harassment, all the person got was a slap on the wrist. The environment is very sexist and not meant for everyone.
Good work environment with co-workers who were easy to get along with
Warehouse Helper (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 November 2017
It was a great summer job, the people I worked with were helpful and my employers were easy to get along with. Only reason I left was because of school.
Cons
a lot of manual labour
Great workers
Mover (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 August 2017
It was a great student summer job for young workers, The best part of the job is doing active work everyday and getting in shape on the job. A typical day at work is going to a residential home and carefully moving all furniture and belongings into the trailer then unload into there new home.
Long, difficult days. Very physically demanding and tough on the body. Difficult to maintain a social life while working, especially in the summer.
Helper (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON11 May 2017
This job is not an easy job; it is very physically demanding and tough on the body. You work six days a week with little time to rest and recuperate. The hours are long and make it difficult to maintain a social life.
Stable Company
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON31 January 2017
Long standing company. Good place to work and nice employees. Good, but very busy culture. I would welcome the opportunity to be offered full-time.

A lot of contract work.
Pros
Stable Comapny
Cons
Low Pay
Very Hard work but can also be great.
Helper (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON15 September 2015
I worked as a helper for a number of years. At first its a really tough job if you've never done it before. the co-workers can be really hard on you, as well as the work, and hours. some days can be a 4 hour minimum, where some can be as long as 16 hours. some jobs can be light and some jobs can be heavy, some boring, some fun. the list goes on and on. its very interesting to see what challenges await you everyday. and once you've proved yourself as part of the team who can hold their own and know what you're doing, you get the benefits of new friends, seniority in job selection and off-days. the benefits where pretty good too, dental 100% everything else is from 40%-75% or better.
Pros
Tips (sometimes), free lunches, no need to go to the gym.
Cons
VERY long hours in the summer sometimes, road trips (sometimes working for a week out of town), seasonal industry dies down in the winter)
workplace summery
coop student (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON13 May 2015
Mackie moving is a great opportunity to start off with, the people you work with are very out going as well and there is never a dull moment.
Pros
out going co-workers
Cons
Great place to gain experience
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON30 October 2014
I love working at Mackie, I love the people here and the experience that I have gained while here but looking for a full-time position at a company that I can grow within.
Nom à faire connaître
Directeur développement des affaires (Former Employee) –  Montréal8 September 2014
Le plus grand défi était de faire connaître la compagnie dans une domaine ou le service est très important

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mackie Moving Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

Mackie Moving Systems Reviews by Location