Mackenzie Investments

Mackenzie Investments Employee Reviews

Had one supervisor for 6 months who acted like a tin horn dictator and expected perfect customer calls. He would take you into a room and play your call with the customer and analyzed word by word. He had no people skills for the staff and went back to his other job. After he left had 4 trainee supervisors over my last 6 months there. Training was fly by the pants mentality. It's either sink or swim. I was hired with 9 other staff and after 1 year only half the staff were left, sort of like the trenches in WW1.Culture is ok as they have staff parties at work and in the evening. If you are an excellent employee they treat you like a rock star, ie quarterly rewards for outstanding performance, and if you are average they treat you like a criminal
Pros
free lunches, quarterly parties
Cons
felt like a prisoner in the Russian gulag, constantly being watched by supervisors and staff from other areas on the floor
Great people to work with. However the management fails to see value in the right individuals. Workplace culture varies depending on the team/department you work for. Per my experience, the workplace culture for the teams that I worked for were very bureaucratic and rigid, allowed minimal empowerment & support.
Successfully raises team spirit by constantly appreciating contributions made by members of the team that has enabled the organization to achieve better targets.
Pros
good bonus structure
Cons
no advancement
Career manager works closely to ensure career objectives are met and fairly evaluated. Career manager encouraged and supported Work From Home policy to provide a better work life balance.
Pros
flexible working conditons
Cons
management transition
Great time while here, however I would advise that if you prefer a work/play balance in the office that this may not be the place for you. It could be hard at times to make 'friends' in the worlplace
Good place to work for. Training process was great and individual attention. Learned a lot and enjoyed working. Nice location and very centrally situated.
Good place to learn and grow as it is growing company with vast majority of Internal managed funds. The product line is good and the management gives the scope to learn.
Good place to work. Management and team members were supportive. Good knowledge base and ticketing system helps to execute and be informed without much search
Pros
Team Support
Cons
N/a
Working here for a year now. Job security is bit debatable but work culture is good. Colleagues are very cooperative. Processes and procedures are evolving for good.
Pros
Work culture
Cons
Job security
Great company to work with; great environment, and lots of opportunities; Professional Contact Centre with full skillset training; Training camp was fantastic!
I have learned many work experiences from the company. I've been grateful to be an employee of this prestigious company. I started as a contract employee. After a year the company gave me a chance to be a full time permanent position as fund accountant. It will always be in my heart & mind all the good memories of being a part of this company.
Pros
Career improvement
Cons
Short of staff
This is an overall good company, good pay and good management. However it is a smaller company therefore not a lot of opportunities for advancement. Work/life balance in Fund Accounting is almost non-existent but that's true for almost all companies in the industry.
I took this job as a 6 month contract. The staff were very friendly and I got all kinds of support that I needed to be successful. I was offered to work overtime and I took the offer, and made good money. Most importantly, my experience in Mackenzie built the bridge to my next career opportunities.
People at Mackenzie are great to work with. Due to aging and dated technology, work can be overwhelming at times and causes challenges with work life balance.
Pros
good people
Cons
poor work life balance
People were very friendly, ready to help each other. I've learned how to manage my time and the managers provided excellent support to their employees. They make sure that every individual were given proper training to ensure the employees will provide great customer service. Acknowledging and recognizing the employee's contribution to the team. Free lunches and dinner during RRSP months. Even though sometimes I feel exhausted, still I was happy to be working with this company. Also, you can bring your partner/friend to Christmas party :)
Pros
Company parties, Souvenirs and Free Lunches
Cons
No comments
Developed the followings: · Ability to recognize opportunities for sales growth and process improvements; · Providing effortless experience through first contact resolution and building rapports; Ability to adapt APAC model through phone calls; · Professional understanding of all registered account types, such as RRSPs, TFSA, RESPs, Locked-in plans; · Professional presence and attire to increase clients’ confidence Good work & life balance;
Management really guides you and helps you grow but don't get me wrong you have to show the initiative. Co Workers and work life balance is good. Great location as well right in the heart of downtown.
The benefits are comprehensive and impressive. One of the best perks offered at the job. Certainly worth your consideration. I love all of the resources provided.
Mackenzie gave me my break into the industry! Learned a lot from some of the best. The people are absolutely awesome to work with. One of the best learning experiences of my life.
Pros
Awesome benefits, staff are treated well, work life balance
Cons
Nepotism at its finest
Great organization with dynamic culture. Lots of opportunities to learn and grow. The compensation and the benefits are adequate. The management is great and always listening to the employees. I think Mackenzie Investments is the best company in Canada and I am proud to work for this company and be able to contribute to its success!
I had a good time working there servicing the Financial Planners. The environment promotes excellent servicing in a cut-throat business. Being meticulous is a strong asset to have. Free tickets to Habs games are given occasionally.