Mackenzie Investments

Mackenzie Investments Work-life balance reviews

Clear
3.6Pay & benefits

Highly structured, lots of regulatory overhead

Due to being an internal IT organization within a group of financial institutions, it is rightfully a highly regulated environment. The result is that as an infrastructure specialist, you will find yourself spending well over 60% of your time satisfying change and incident documentation requirements... not necessarily doing technology work which could improve internal or external services. This is probably true of any organization within a regulated industry; but it is important to keep in mind when you are seeking a career path.

Analyst at Mackenzie Investments

Great company and incredible team. I would highly recommend this company to anyone interested. I enjoyed working here and the culture .I very liked it

Great environment with very smart people

Industry is not really growing Culture is very nice as people are humble, smart and hardworking Leadership has been doing well with firm's positioning in the marketplace

Fun place to work ...

Depending on who your leader is as it varies greatly depending on location. Typical day of taking in bound calls from industry related people but the workplace culture can be toxic especially when leaders come in from head office.

Mackenzie has the right business environment

Mackenzie is a wonderful company that fosters the growth of individuals through inclusiveness and innovation. Although segmented by different divisions within the company, every sector cooperates together to provide support for one another and to efficiently execute their tasks for the greater benefit of the company.

Inclusive workplace with lot of opportunities to learn and grow

An inclusive workplace with opportunity to learn and grow. Employee engagement survey results speaks for itself. With group companies merging together, it's an exciting time to be part of the organization.

Pros

Great benefits, Downtown location, excellent infrastructure, agile work environment with lot of opportunities to learn and grow

Great Place to Work

Great People and environment. Committed to bettering the communities they serve through engagement. Very fair work life balance expectations. Great Culture and decent pay.

Amazing management team

Even though, I didn't have work/life balance when i worked at Mackenzie, i really enjoyed working with the management team. They have open door policy and very open to any question you may have. Salary is low compared to market rate and didn't get paid overtime. Ended up doing lot of extra hours without getting paid.

It was mediocre

You are expected to work long hours, which is fine but they all went unrewarded. Management and colleagues were mediocre, it is not somewhere I would go back to,

Good place to work. Great people and good work life balance.

Good place to work. Great people and good work life balance. However, my department was flat and therefore not many opportunity to advance and grow, doing what I love. The hardest part of the job was the unresponsiveness of the business. The best part of the job was how fluid it was, with a small unit and with different portfolio types, the work and demands were ever changing and could be unpredictable.

Pros

Great people and good work life balance

Cons

Not many opportunity to advance and grow, doing what I love

Jobs at Mackenzie Investments

See more jobs

N.A

Great people to work with. However the management fails to see value in the right individuals. Workplace culture varies depending on the team/department you work for. Per my experience, the workplace culture for the teams that I worked for were very bureaucratic and rigid, allowed minimal empowerment & support.

Flexible working environment

Career manager works closely to ensure career objectives are met and fairly evaluated. Career manager encouraged and supported Work From Home policy to provide a better work life balance.

Pros

flexible working conditons

Cons

management transition

Nice Office, not a youthful atmosphere

Great time while here, however I would advise that if you prefer a work/play balance in the office that this may not be the place for you. It could be hard at times to make 'friends' in the worlplace

Good place to learn and grow as it is growing company with vast majority of Internal managed funds. The product line is good and the management gives the scope to learn.

Good place to work at

Working here for a year now. Job security is bit debatable but work culture is good. Colleagues are very cooperative. Processes and procedures are evolving for good.

Pros

Work culture

Cons

Job security

Great company to work with

Great company to work with; great environment, and lots of opportunities; Professional Contact Centre with full skillset training; Training camp was fantastic!

Great work experience. Productive & lots of fun with my colleagues at work.

I have learned many work experiences from the company. I've been grateful to be an employee of this prestigious company. I started as a contract employee. After a year the company gave me a chance to be a full time permanent position as fund accountant. It will always be in my heart & mind all the good memories of being a part of this company.

Pros

Career improvement

Cons

Short of staff

Good company and management

This is an overall good company, good pay and good management. However it is a smaller company therefore not a lot of opportunities for advancement. Work/life balance in Fund Accounting is almost non-existent but that's true for almost all companies in the industry.

Great people to work with

People at Mackenzie are great to work with. Due to aging and dated technology, work can be overwhelming at times and causes challenges with work life balance.

Pros

good people

Cons

poor work life balance

Winning Culture

Management really guides you and helps you grow but don't get me wrong you have to show the initiative. Co Workers and work life balance is good. Great location as well right in the heart of downtown.

It is an excellent workplace to work with

The benefits are comprehensive and impressive. One of the best perks offered at the job. Certainly worth your consideration. I love all of the resources provided.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mackenzie Investments. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement