Mackenzie Investments

Mackenzie Investments Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.6Pay & benefits

Management Cutting Costs and Harshly Monitoring Performance

Employees were constantly required to work overtime on Saturdays or on weekdays. The workflow system tracks the time it takes for each account request and when you take your breaks and lunch. The managers are quite strict with when and how long you take your breaks. Employees were given a score based on their keystrokes as a percentage compared to the 'best practice', in other words the most accurate and fastest keystroke order. Computers were often too slow and the workflow system often stopped.

Pros

Christmas Party, Lunch Parties, Celebrated Retirements

Cons

Constant Overtime, Printers always broken, repetitive work, high expectation for speed and accuracy

Inclusive workplace with lot of opportunities to learn and grow

An inclusive workplace with opportunity to learn and grow. Employee engagement survey results speaks for itself. With group companies merging together, it's an exciting time to be part of the organization.

Pros

Great benefits, Downtown location, excellent infrastructure, agile work environment with lot of opportunities to learn and grow

Amazing management team

Even though, I didn't have work/life balance when i worked at Mackenzie, i really enjoyed working with the management team. They have open door policy and very open to any question you may have. Salary is low compared to market rate and didn't get paid overtime. Ended up doing lot of extra hours without getting paid.

It was mediocre

You are expected to work long hours, which is fine but they all went unrewarded. Management and colleagues were mediocre, it is not somewhere I would go back to,

very flexible and good place to work

Successfully raises team spirit by constantly appreciating contributions made by members of the team that has enabled the organization to achieve better targets.

Pros

good bonus structure

Cons

no advancement

It is an excellent workplace to work with

The benefits are comprehensive and impressive. One of the best perks offered at the job. Certainly worth your consideration. I love all of the resources provided.

Excellent company!

Mackenzie gave me my break into the industry! Learned a lot from some of the best. The people are absolutely awesome to work with. One of the best learning experiences of my life.

Pros

Awesome benefits, staff are treated well, work life balance

Cons

Nepotism at its finest

Amazing Organization

Great organization with dynamic culture. Lots of opportunities to learn and grow. The compensation and the benefits are adequate. The management is great and always listening to the employees. I think Mackenzie Investments is the best company in Canada and I am proud to work for this company and be able to contribute to its success!

Customer oriented

I had a good time working there servicing the Financial Planners. The environment promotes excellent servicing in a cut-throat business. Being meticulous is a strong asset to have. Free tickets to Habs games are given occasionally.

Great company with industry leading compensation.

Company is ideal for self- starters looking for industry leading compensation. Company provides strong network of resouces and co-workers for support to achieve sales targets.

Jobs at Mackenzie Investments

See more jobs

Whenever volume was down we were grossed trained

Always there was chance to be promoted to the next level if you are very good in your work; Employees evaluation and performance was taken care and salary increased accordingly; lots of incentives.

Pros

Summer fun, bout cruiser, annual parties and Christmas celebration.

Mutual Fund

Typical work day is the same almost every day. Learned to handle various kind of mutual funds. nice people to work with and great benefits but low salary and opportunity for advancement and to get better job not very promising. More of an admin work.

Pros

handling complex mutual funds

Cons

long hours, low salary, opportunity for professional growth

busy workplace

it is a very busy workplace. most employees are overloaded with work assignments and pushed to work long hours and sometimes over the weekends and holidays.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

Great job culture and working environment

Mackenzie Investments has an excellent workplace culture and balance. The company provides various opportunities to grow as an individual and motivates employees to update ones skills and advancement of careers.

Pros

Excellent workplace culture

Cons

Salary

Positive work environment

Standard call centre job, you will receive lots of training and support, standard benefit, salary on the lower end. Team leader will provide regular one-on-one coaching session with you to help you improve. Expect to learn a lot about different types of CRA-registered savings account.

Will not work there

No advancement. No competitive salaries. Bad work environment with low employee morale. Low teamwork. I found myself dragging my feet to work each day.

good vibe

Great place to work and great people , good opportunity to start and great workplace culture. Learned a lot about the account types and the

Pros

free lunchs

Supportive Management Team

Management team is very supportive and approachable. Work is always really busy for me especially because we are short staffed (manager and Senior Analyst left during the busiest time last year). The hardest part of the job is to trying to do two people's job, having to work overtime everyday and not having work-life balance. The best part of the job is the learning opportunity. Since we are short staffed, management team relies on my work a lot. Therefore, i get an opportunity to prove myself as well as work closely with the senior management team. The most enjoyable part of the job is taking new projects and leading it. The tight deadlines motivates think more efficiently and the challenge brings the best in me.

Pros

Good Benefits

Good Company to work for

Strongly encouraged to be a self motivator who can initiate contact with clients and perform tasks at hand without regular supervision. Company offers limited areas of growth in Alberta however Toronto and Vancouver offer definite growth opportunities. Mackenzie offers their employees a comfortable and friendly work environment allowing the opportunity to have possible face to face contact with clients during events.

Pros

Regular hours, Friendly atmosphere, personal development opportunities, good benefits

Cons

limited areas for position growth in satellite offices

Good place overall

Work is subjective, depending on which team you worked with. My team was very supportive and I had a good working relationship with them. I wanted to be considered for a sales position, but they didn't have any openings so I had to look elsewhere. The vacation time at the beginning isn't the greatest but after one full year they tagged on another week for time off. Benefits when I was working there were really good; however from what I understand there were some changes after I left. I hope that the work environment is still good overall.

Pros

Tuition reimbursment, good relationship with colleagues

Cons

Work through lunches sometimes or evenings to get work done, but were recognized for hard work.

Great for starting your career

Professional environment with a team with high business acumen. -Mature company with lots of processes in place. -They have a good compensation package which includes employer matching employee share purchases and RSP contribution in addition to the regular employer RSP contribution based in years of service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mackenzie Investments. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement