Mackenzie Investments

Mackenzie Investments Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
3.3Job security & advancement

Mackenzie has a good management

As mentioned earlier Mackenzie is a fast pace environment with so much more but little pay. My original manager is nice but was replaced by young and ambitious one. Thanks.

Great experience

Got to learn a lot from the more senior employees within the asset management field. The people are very willing to collaborate and advance your career.

Excellent culture

I really enjoyed working at Mackenzie ... in three locations Toronto Vancouver in Montreal. It was a very nurturing environment everyone worked together as a team and we had a lot of support from management. We were always being challenged with constant change and product innovation.

Analyst at Mackenzie Investments

Great company and incredible team. I would highly recommend this company to anyone interested. I enjoyed working here and the culture .I very liked it

Highly structured, lots of regulatory overhead

Due to being an internal IT organization within a group of financial institutions, it is rightfully a highly regulated environment. The result is that as an infrastructure specialist, you will find yourself spending well over 60% of your time satisfying change and incident documentation requirements... not necessarily doing technology work which could improve internal or external services. This is probably true of any organization within a regulated industry; but it is important to keep in mind when you are seeking a career path.

Great environment with very smart people

Industry is not really growing Culture is very nice as people are humble, smart and hardworking Leadership has been doing well with firm's positioning in the marketplace

Mackenzie has the right business environment

Mackenzie is a wonderful company that fosters the growth of individuals through inclusiveness and innovation. Although segmented by different divisions within the company, every sector cooperates together to provide support for one another and to efficiently execute their tasks for the greater benefit of the company.

Inclusive workplace with lot of opportunities to learn and grow

An inclusive workplace with opportunity to learn and grow. Employee engagement survey results speaks for itself. With group companies merging together, it's an exciting time to be part of the organization.

Pros

Great benefits, Downtown location, excellent infrastructure, agile work environment with lot of opportunities to learn and grow

Productive and innovative company

Mackenzie has been in business for over 50 years helping clients to meet their financial goals. Overall, I learned a lot working at the company over the years.

Pros

Great Team

Cons

Long work hours

Good place to work. Great people and good work life balance.

Good place to work. Great people and good work life balance. However, my department was flat and therefore not many opportunity to advance and grow, doing what I love. The hardest part of the job was the unresponsiveness of the business. The best part of the job was how fluid it was, with a small unit and with different portfolio types, the work and demands were ever changing and could be unpredictable.

Pros

Great people and good work life balance

Cons

Not many opportunity to advance and grow, doing what I love

Jobs at Mackenzie Investments

See more jobs

N.A

Great people to work with. However the management fails to see value in the right individuals. Workplace culture varies depending on the team/department you work for. Per my experience, the workplace culture for the teams that I worked for were very bureaucratic and rigid, allowed minimal empowerment & support.

very flexible and good place to work

Successfully raises team spirit by constantly appreciating contributions made by members of the team that has enabled the organization to achieve better targets.

Pros

good bonus structure

Cons

no advancement

Flexible working environment

Career manager works closely to ensure career objectives are met and fairly evaluated. Career manager encouraged and supported Work From Home policy to provide a better work life balance.

Pros

flexible working conditons

Cons

management transition

Mackenzie Investments

Good place to work for. Training process was great and individual attention. Learned a lot and enjoyed working. Nice location and very centrally situated.

Good place to learn and grow as it is growing company with vast majority of Internal managed funds. The product line is good and the management gives the scope to learn.

Good place to work at

Working here for a year now. Job security is bit debatable but work culture is good. Colleagues are very cooperative. Processes and procedures are evolving for good.

Pros

Work culture

Cons

Job security

Great company to work with

Great company to work with; great environment, and lots of opportunities; Professional Contact Centre with full skillset training; Training camp was fantastic!

Great work experience. Productive & lots of fun with my colleagues at work.

I have learned many work experiences from the company. I've been grateful to be an employee of this prestigious company. I started as a contract employee. After a year the company gave me a chance to be a full time permanent position as fund accountant. It will always be in my heart & mind all the good memories of being a part of this company.

Pros

Career improvement

Cons

Short of staff

Good company and management

This is an overall good company, good pay and good management. However it is a smaller company therefore not a lot of opportunities for advancement. Work/life balance in Fund Accounting is almost non-existent but that's true for almost all companies in the industry.

Great contract job

I took this job as a 6 month contract. The staff were very friendly and I got all kinds of support that I needed to be successful. I was offered to work overtime and I took the offer, and made good money. Most importantly, my experience in Mackenzie built the bridge to my next career opportunities.

Great people to work with

People at Mackenzie are great to work with. Due to aging and dated technology, work can be overwhelming at times and causes challenges with work life balance.

Pros

good people

Cons

poor work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mackenzie Investments. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement

Compare Mackenzie Investments with

• Mackenzie Investments
  • Job Security & Advancement
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?