Mackenzie Investments

Mackenzie Investments Employee Reviews for Fund Accountant

I have learned many work experiences from the company. I've been grateful to be an employee of this prestigious company. I started as a contract employee. After a year the company gave me a chance to be a full time permanent position as fund accountant. It will always be in my heart & mind all the good memories of being a part of this company.
Pros
Career improvement
Cons
Short of staff
The fund services department at Mackenzie is by far the worst experience i have had....RUNNNN away. worst management ever. it is horrible i do not recommend it
This is an overall good company, good pay and good management. However it is a smaller company therefore not a lot of opportunities for advancement. Work/life balance in Fund Accounting is almost non-existent but that's true for almost all companies in the industry.
Not room for growth older crowd not an exciting culture unfair management in fund accounting the pay is good job security is good
Mackenzie Financial is a major component of Investor's Group. I was involved in mutual fund valuations, portfolio analysis and various reconciliations. It was required to consistently meet deadlines with full accuracy and disclosure. My responsibilities at Guardian Group and Royal Trust were essentially the same. My most recent position at Matrix is a sales related position soliciting print advertising in trade magazines. All have been positive work environments, all of which would highly recommend me with assuredness.