Mackenzie Investments logo
Mackenzie Investments
View all Mackenzie Investments reviews

Mackenzie Investments

Mackenzie Investments Employee Review

Not a bad place to start, but limited room for advancement.

Work is team based, and your enjoyment and success is heavily determined by the other members of your sales team. Long tenure in the office, as such opportunities for growth are almost non-existent. Opinions of your direct manager have more impact on your performance bonus than actual performance does.

Pros

Pleasant co-workers, networking opportunities, exposure to product managers

Cons

Poor Management, office politics, limited room for growth, lack of real training program

2.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Good place overall

Work is subjective, depending on which team you worked with. My team was very supportive and I had a good working relationship with them. I wanted to be considered for a sales position, but they didn't have any openings so I had to look elsewhere. The vacation time at the beginning isn't the greatest but after one full year they tagged on another week for time off. Benefits when I was working there were really good; however from what I understand there were some changes after I left. I hope that the work environment is still good overall.

Pros

Tuition reimbursment, good relationship with colleagues

Cons

Work through lunches sometimes or evenings to get work done, but were recognized for hard work.
Same location

Excellent culture

I really enjoyed working at Mackenzie ... in three locations Toronto Vancouver in Montreal. It was a very nurturing environment everyone worked together as a team and we had a lot of support from management. We were always being challenged with constant change and product innovation.
Same location

Fast paced, challenging work environment. Micro management can lead to needless stress.

Client Services role, dealing directly with high-net worth financial advisors. Small dedicated teams in different branch offices must coordinate to manage the pool of advisors that qualify for this increased level of service. Expectation is that you will follow through with a call from start to resolution. This will sometimes conflict with your requirement to answer a certain number of calls per hour. Quality is one of the key focuses for this team. Compensation is decent. Annual bonus is determined by your ability to meet quality and productivity goals.

Pros

Small team, lots of interaction. Develop relationships with your callers due to frequent interaction.

Cons

Micro management, poor overall management structure. worked is continually pushed on you to avoid paying overtime.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mackenzie Investments. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement

Compare Mackenzie Investments with

• Mackenzie Investments
  • Not a bad place to start, but limited room for advancement.