View all Mackenzie Investments reviews

Mackenzie Investments Employee Review

Mackenzie Investments

Good place to work for. Training process was great and individual attention. Learned a lot and enjoyed working. Nice location and very centrally situated.

3.0Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

MAC was bought by another company and then it was nothing but lay-offs

I loved my job and my co-workers and I were like family I learned to prioritize and develop relationships with users at all levels the hardest part was dealing with the new owners.

Pros

family like atmosphere

Cons

being sold made life very difficult
Same location

hectic and supervisors constantly watching and grading your performance.

Had one supervisor for 6 months who acted like a tin horn dictator and expected perfect customer calls. He would take you into a room and play your call with the customer and analyzed word by word. He had no people skills for the staff and went back to his other job. After he left had 4 trainee supervisors over my last 6 months there. Training was fly by the pants mentality. It's either sink or swim. I was hired with 9 other staff and after 1 year only half the staff were left, sort of like the trenches in WW1.Culture is ok as they have staff parties at work and in the evening. If you are an excellent employee they treat you like a rock star, ie quarterly rewards for outstanding performance, and if you are average they treat you like a criminal

Pros

free lunches, quarterly parties

Cons

felt like a prisoner in the Russian gulag, constantly being watched by supervisors and staff from other areas on the floor
Same location

Great experience

Got to learn a lot from the more senior employees within the asset management field. The people are very willing to collaborate and advance your career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mackenzie Investments. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement