Mackenzie Investments logo

Fast paced environment

Portfolio Analysis, Financial Modeling and Valuation Analysis

Same roleSame location

Amazing management team

Even though, I didn't have work/life balance when i worked at Mackenzie, i really enjoyed working with the management team. They have open door policy and very open to any question you may have. Salary is low compared to market rate and didn't get paid overtime. Ended up doing lot of extra hours without getting paid.
Same roleSame location

Supportive Management Team

Management team is very supportive and approachable. Work is always really busy for me especially because we are short staffed (manager and Senior Analyst left during the busiest time last year). The hardest part of the job is to trying to do two people's job, having to work overtime everyday and not having work-life balance. The best part of the job is the learning opportunity. Since we are short staffed, management team relies on my work a lot. Therefore, i get an opportunity to prove myself as well as work closely with the senior management team. The most enjoyable part of the job is taking new projects and leading it. The tight deadlines motivates think more efficiently and the challenge brings the best in me.

Pros

Good Benefits

Cons

Same location

hectic and supervisors constantly watching and grading your performance.

Had one supervisor for 6 months who acted like a tin horn dictator and expected perfect customer calls. He would take you into a room and play your call with the customer and analyzed word by word. He had no people skills for the staff and went back to his other job. After he left had 4 trainee supervisors over my last 6 months there. Training was fly by the pants mentality. It's either sink or swim. I was hired with 9 other staff and after 1 year only half the staff were left, sort of like the trenches in WW1.Culture is ok as they have staff parties at work and in the evening. If you are an excellent employee they treat you like a rock star, ie quarterly rewards for outstanding performance, and if you are average they treat you like a criminal

Pros

free lunches, quarterly parties

Cons

felt like a prisoner in the Russian gulag, constantly being watched by supervisors and staff from other areas on the floor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mackenzie Investments. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement