Mackenzie Investments

Mackenzie Investments Employee Reviews

As mentioned earlier Mackenzie is a fast pace environment with so much more but little pay. My original manager is nice but was replaced by young and ambitious one. Thanks.
Got to learn a lot from the more senior employees within the asset management field. The people are very willing to collaborate and advance your career.
Management seems to be lacking in basic management skills. No ability to inspire or manage decently. The culture is archaic- nepotistic and sexist. Don't recommend this firm unless you are looking for a paycheck.
I really enjoyed working at Mackenzie ... in three locations Toronto Vancouver in Montreal. It was a very nurturing environment everyone worked together as a team and we had a lot of support from management. We were always being challenged with constant change and product innovation.
Great company and incredible team. I would highly recommend this company to anyone interested. I enjoyed working here and the culture .I very liked it
Due to being an internal IT organization within a group of financial institutions, it is rightfully a highly regulated environment. The result is that as an infrastructure specialist, you will find yourself spending well over 60% of your time satisfying change and incident documentation requirements... not necessarily doing technology work which could improve internal or external services. This is probably true of any organization within a regulated industry; but it is important to keep in mind when you are seeking a career path.
there were new projects led by management that were cancelledmidway through completion hence alot of people lost jobs and the job security was effected.
Workplace culture is relaxed and good collaboration among the staff. Management are supportive but very goal driven. Hours are flexible although you are expected to be present during core hours. Company has a clear vision and the financial means to back their ambitious targets.
Industry is not really growing Culture is very nice as people are humble, smart and hardworking Leadership has been doing well with firm's positioning in the marketplace
Depending on who your leader is as it varies greatly depending on location. Typical day of taking in bound calls from industry related people but the workplace culture can be toxic especially when leaders come in from head office.
I was always busy but I always had support. The team would help with workload and the project SME's would provide answers to questions. Sometimes there would be conflict but this would only be due to people feeling passionate about what they were doing.
Pros
Good support to get answers needed to do my job
Mackenzie is a wonderful company that fosters the growth of individuals through inclusiveness and innovation. Although segmented by different divisions within the company, every sector cooperates together to provide support for one another and to efficiently execute their tasks for the greater benefit of the company.
Employees were constantly required to work overtime on Saturdays or on weekdays. The workflow system tracks the time it takes for each account request and when you take your breaks and lunch. The managers are quite strict with when and how long you take your breaks. Employees were given a score based on their keystrokes as a percentage compared to the 'best practice', in other words the most accurate and fastest keystroke order. Computers were often too slow and the workflow system often stopped.
Pros
Christmas Party, Lunch Parties, Celebrated Retirements
Cons
Constant Overtime, Printers always broken, repetitive work, high expectation for speed and accuracy
An inclusive workplace with opportunity to learn and grow. Employee engagement survey results speaks for itself. With group companies merging together, it's an exciting time to be part of the organization.
Pros
Great benefits, Downtown location, excellent infrastructure, agile work environment with lot of opportunities to learn and grow
Cons
The fund services department at Mackenzie is by far the worst experience i have had....RUNNNN away. worst management ever. it is horrible i do not recommend it
Mackenzie has been in business for over 50 years helping clients to meet their financial goals. Overall, I learned a lot working at the company over the years.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Long work hours
Wholesalers operate with impunity. They treat their insides and coordinators terribly. They have a "type" they like to hire and rarely deviates. No room for growth.
Great People and environment. Committed to bettering the communities they serve through engagement. Very fair work life balance expectations. Great Culture and decent pay.
Even though, I didn't have work/life balance when i worked at Mackenzie, i really enjoyed working with the management team. They have open door policy and very open to any question you may have. Salary is low compared to market rate and didn't get paid overtime. Ended up doing lot of extra hours without getting paid.
You are expected to work long hours, which is fine but they all went unrewarded. Management and colleagues were mediocre, it is not somewhere I would go back to,
Good place to work. Great people and good work life balance. However, my department was flat and therefore not many opportunity to advance and grow, doing what I love. The hardest part of the job was the unresponsiveness of the business. The best part of the job was how fluid it was, with a small unit and with different portfolio types, the work and demands were ever changing and could be unpredictable.
Pros
Great people and good work life balance
Cons
Not many opportunity to advance and grow, doing what I love