Mackenzie Health

Mackenzie Health Employee Reviews

Canada79 reviews
Great career opportunity and learning experience
I got hired on the spot, I felt welcomed and acknowledged. I have learned skills that I did not have chance to practice back in my country. Enhanced my computer skills, trained to work with Epic.
mismanaged
uncertainty , confidential
Regional healthcare provider serving a population of across York Region. Mackenzie Health included Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital,
Lack of support
I worked for this hospital for many years and am not satisfied with how I have been treated over the years. Management isn't the greatest and they ignore safety concerns.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
Management & safety
Productive and good place to improof your knowledge
I believe that days at work can be very different depending on who are you working. Sometimes you have good teamwork very cooperative and competitive and you are able to solve difficult situations also deals with difficult patients without losing control of your self.
Zumba & Circuit
I learn a lot of different people toward working attitude. Everyday in my work I deal with some co-workers as a team, helping each other when someone is busy and share some ideas during break time or lunch time.
Mackenzie Health is very nice company to work for. The benefits are amazing
I would work for Mackenzie Health any day. I enjoy working there. The hospital is very family oriented. I admire the level of care been give to patients and family.
Great work culture
CBHS might be the best managed department in the hospital. I really felt that upper management looked out for us. We worked hard but the support system was strong enough for us to do our best.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Little opportunity to move up in the company
Productive and goal oriented workplace
The most enjoyable part of the job is the culture of teamwork and optimism of your team around you. I had the opportunity grow in my skills as clinician working in the community.
Escort volunteer
- take calls from nurses and doctors to transport specimens and patients throughout the hospital
- work with people in the lab when delivering specimens to them

- direct patients and loved ones to different parts of the hospital

- Worked in the information desk

- worked with security when people got violent or aggresive
Pros
Free snacks in volunteer lounge
Cons
sometimes very aggressive patients come in
working two jobs to make ends meet
I think we should be able to work between two hospital no over time back stubbing dirty politics too much workload cant finish the assignment looking forward to see new hospital
Great organization to work for!
I work for the hospital’s outreach team which is a dynamic and ever developing team. Like everything, it has its pros and cons but taking everything into consideration, I can say that I am overall satisfied in working for the organization. I am in the field that I love and the goal of service is client centered.

The hospital is expanding and is opening the Mackenzie Vaughan location soon!
IT Dept needs help
Two sides in IT here, Applications and Support. Both camps tend to have their own battles at times and a lot of finger pointing with the Management and Directors who are seem to argue all the time, The IT managers try to keep it civil in the end as they work it out eventually .

Unfortunately in the last 4 years there has been a trend to get rid of the older staff (10+ years) who have worked here to replaced with newer staff or converted contractors. (I really don't know how legal this is, under "restructuring"). Today all but one is left who walks around with a coffee trying to fly under the radar and stays low.

There is also a trend to hire more Asians in the dept or it seems like when I left.Not sure if that is mandated form top or from managers.

Workplace culture is fast paced 24/7 hospital so you can get called anytime.

Enjoyable part of the job is the staff that work here who make all the issues and problems disappear and work as a team. I wish upper management saw how this is done and pull together given the conditions.

Hardest Part of the job is keeping the doctors and directors happy and trying to keep outdated technology running without break downs.

Other perks would be nice retirement package and medical dental plans.
IT Dept is not fun
Worked shortly in IT Dept no no real defined role. I was even doing Payroll at one time. As well as other tasks not specific to what I was hired for. There was a Project manager who was only concerned about her looks which made it difficult to work with at times.
The IT Dept had a nice mix of people but in the last 5 years management has cut all the senior staff only to be replaced by Chinese workers. There is one original guy who is still left but he just walk and drinks coffee all day avoiding people.

Most enjoyable parts would be working with the nurses and cleaning staff who are underappreciated and underpaid.

Management is now cleaning house as old director was not suitable apparently.
fun working with co workers
fun working with fellow workers, a lil bit stressful working with the management but enable to manage it. barely work there as I don't get call for shifts. I totally understand because it goes by seniority.
Maybe a good place for a junior to gain experience
It was a good to time to learn health care system in Canada and the overall funding system. But the management has more room to improve their people managing skills and more caring for their employees. Maybe a good place for a starter.
Pros
Nice office
Productive and Educational Environment
What I really love about this place is that it has computer bedside report which helps with explaining when giving report to other nurses and as well getting information from patients. It is very easy to learn EPIC and it allows for a more detailed documentation from the nurses. I also really love the communication between nurses and to other health care professionals on the same floor. The nurses helped each other when help is needed and that makes the environment less stressful for all Staffs working on the unit.
Huge staff turnover
I cant believe how many long standing employees are being laid off at a critical time when we are supposed to plan for new hospital. Or people leaving because management is not being fair. And they are telling us they need more staff to hire. And then they are hiring new people who dont know anything. Lack of experiencewhat to do. How is anything going to be done right?
great!
so much fun and i learned so much in the span of 4 months that i began to volunteer there even after my time was done. highly recommend to anyone that wants to pursue a career in healthcare obvi
Fast Paced
Fast paced environment dealing with high volume of work. Stressful at times. Good health benefits and good paid vacation benefits. Friendly staff. Includes day, afternoon, evening and overnight shifts.
Pros
Always room to learn and improve
Cons
stressful
You work at a hospital what do you expect
The pay is okay
Overworked

Promised overtime never happens

Understaffed therefore you have to work more

No tools to complete the job

I get it it's a hospital job security but you'll burn out in 6 months

Management is useless
Pros
Free popcorn good cafeteria good stuff
Cons
Overworked underpaid management is useless
horrible management
This place has the worst leadership. They treat you like slaves, and like you do not have a brain. No empowerment or autonomy.. RNs treated very badly