Mackenzie Health Employee Reviews

Financial rep
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON15 May 2018
It wan a nice place to work, the time I started. They changing a few time the management team, it was challenging to seeing people got laid off.
Any how it was a great experience .
Used to be a great place for work with a new site coming
Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON10 May 2018
It was a nice place to work when i started but after change of management, and kick off of an project, things changed in a different direction. Felt disconnected with the management and insecure when seeing people got laid off.
Fun Workplace, Positive Environment.
Volunteer Administrative (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON21 April 2018
The position was concerning seasonal fundraising for the hospital, initiatives including gift wrapping at the mall. The team was very kind and orientation was comprehensive. Overall great experience.
Great Place to work
Accounting Associate, Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON27 March 2018
I enjoyed being apart of the MH family.

Great place to work,
Great work family and senior management who are very approciable.
Lots of opportunity
Employee Recoginition
Great place to work!
PROJECT ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON18 March 2018
Mackenzie Health is a fantastic place to work.
Management takes an interest in staff and genuinely listens to make improvements.
They are very supportive of staff having a healthy work/life balance.
Good experience.
Nursing Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON21 February 2018
It is a big hospital with good staff members and various patients.
I worked as a student nurse. The nurses who I worked with were nice. The workload was usually manageable.
Good workplace
Environmental Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON18 February 2018
Great management and a great group of employees. Everybody got a long and helped each other out which made the shifts go by smoothly. Learned how to work as a team.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Dirty work
Toxic environment
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON30 November 2017
Pharmacy management and senior leaders do not support staff They lack experience in doing the actual work, and are great smooth talkers. They speak of engagement but lacks action. Instead they are always ready to point the blame on staff when there is a mistake, despite staff that work very hard and who go above and beyond. Senior management paints a very different picture of the processes when in fact, it’s flawed with mistakes and an accident waiting to happen. There are staff who have their contracts renewed for many years, and yet will never get a full time position because the hospital tries to cut costs. There is no reward for hard work! They could have the best Hospital software and technology in the world, but if they don’t Support staff how can the hospital staff provide a “world class healthcare experience” which is their vision.
Pros
Good pharmacists and technicians who care
Growth in my work
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON26 November 2017
I have grown in the past 3 and a half years of my job. I have been able to be more efficient and productive in writing my assessments and Behavior Support Plans as well.
Pros
Education opportunities
Cons
deadlines
Such a fun and enjoyable place to work
Surgical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON23 November 2017
This is a happy and fun hosptial to work at. Everyone was so kind and managers wanted nothing but the best for their staff. They were kind and understanding.
Pros
Amazing Manager
Cons
Not able to have any openings in LnD
fun and great place to work
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON3 November 2017
its a good environment to work at. Staffs at mackenzie health are very kind and appreciative. Work and family life are balanced. flexible shifts available
I had a great experience working there
Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON3 August 2017
Healthcare workers are professional, friendly and all striving for excellence.
It is a patient focus facility, and the hospital is an state of he art hospital.
BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON31 July 2017
The hospital is a great place to work. I've had the opportunity to meet employees from all different fields in the hospital, all of them respectful and kind.
Level of teamwork is exceptional
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON10 May 2017
We provide a high quality of nursing care to our patients and their families utilizing the nursing process, following established standards of practice both within the hospital and the profession.
Pros
Health care staff very knowledgeable and apporoachable
Cons
Current pay, not consistent with competitive unions in GTA
Caretaker
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON4 May 2017
I worked as a volunteer. great environment and the people you meet are amazing. Would try again if the opportunity presents itself. The skills i obtained was leadership and multitasking. culture and management are great as well.
Pros
fulfillment, experience, and meet great people
Workplace
Administrative Assistant - Director (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON4 April 2017
Mackenzie Health is a great place to work. The environment and culture is modeled towards its patients and staff.

Executive and management staff are very open and friendly. The physicians are helpful and generous
new innovations to improve health care delivery.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON25 February 2017
mackenzie richmond hill hospital is a great place to work. it is a hospital committed to safety & quality patient care. it is a place committed to safe & caring environment where everyone is treated with kindness, dignity, compassion, courtesy & respect.
I dont want to write a review
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON9 January 2017
I work with Great Co workers. 12 hour shifts, days and nights. Great management on some of the units. Work on medicine/dialysis/oncology unit with very busy days
Amazing patients and nurses
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON21 December 2016
Mackenzie health itself is a great place to work or volunteer. The patients have taught me so much on acceptance and on resilience. I have witnessed patients experience terrible illnesses but they have always been friendly to me and rarely complain. Mackenzie health will teach you to be a responsible and independent person and will teach you so much on how to be exceptional at customer/ patient care.The management is considerate, and the hours are always flexible.
Great people!
Instructor Therapist (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON28 October 2016
-Team based approach to service.
-Collaborative approach to building new initiatives.
-Very good opportunities for professional development and learning new skills.
-Data driven.
-Very good hours.
Pros
Making a difference in my community
Cons
Salary is moderate