Mackenzie Financial

Mackenzie Financial Employee Reviews

Good people to work with
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 October 2018
Good place to work. Management and team members were supportive. Good knowledge base and ticketing system helps to execute and be informed without much search
Pros
Team Support
Cons
N/a
Customer oriented
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 December 2017
I had a good time working there servicing the Financial Planners. The environment promotes excellent servicing in a cut-throat business. Being meticulous is a strong asset to have. Free tickets to Habs games are given occasionally.
Whenever volume was down we were grossed trained
Processing Administrator and trust accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2017
Always there was chance to be promoted to the next level if you are very good in your work; Employees evaluation and performance was taken care and salary increased accordingly; lots of incentives.
Pros
Summer fun, bout cruiser, annual parties and Christmas celebration.
Mutual Fund
Senior Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2017
Typical work day is the same almost every day. Learned to handle various kind of mutual funds. nice people to work with and great benefits but low salary and opportunity for advancement and to get better job not very promising. More of an admin work.
Pros
handling complex mutual funds
Cons
long hours, low salary, opportunity for professional growth
Will not work there
Equity & Fixed Income Settlements Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2017
No advancement.
No competitive salaries.
Bad work environment with low employee morale.
Low teamwork.
I found myself dragging my feet to work each day.
Mackenzie Financial
Service Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2016
MFC is a good place to start your career in the financial services industry, especially for those straight out of university.
Not the place to advance your IT career
Systems Architect (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 January 2016
Magic words are synergy means out source you work to cut cost.
You will not advance here.
It's a follow the leader environment, if the leader sinks you will sink with them.
If you are bright they test you to pieces and if you survive you may have a chance of promotion, but unlikely.
Put in your time and leave, don't hang around.
Pros
May be a learning opportunity.
Cons
All depends where the synergy wind blows for the day
Stimulating working environmennts
Mutual Fund Accountant. (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 October 2015
Mackenzie Financial is a major component of Investor's Group. I was involved in mutual fund valuations, portfolio analysis and various reconciliations. It was required to consistently meet deadlines with full accuracy and disclosure.
My responsibilities at Guardian Group and Royal Trust were essentially the same.
My most recent position at Matrix is a sales related position soliciting print advertising in trade magazines.
All have been positive work environments, all of which would highly recommend me with assuredness.
Good place overall
Regional Sales Assistant, Mutual Funds Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2015
Work is subjective, depending on which team you worked with. My team was very supportive and I had a good working relationship with them. I wanted to be considered for a sales position, but they didn't have any openings so I had to look elsewhere. The vacation time at the beginning isn't the greatest but after one full year they tagged on another week for time off. Benefits when I was working there were really good; however from what I understand there were some changes after I left. I hope that the work environment is still good overall.
Pros
Tuition reimbursment, good relationship with colleagues
Cons
Work through lunches sometimes or evenings to get work done, but were recognized for hard work.
Transfer Administrator (Former Employee) –  180 Simcoe28 March 2015
Great team support in order to get the work done at the end of the day. Provides stress buster events in order for staff to have a break from the busy season.
Cons
Professional workplace, efficiently run and managed
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2014
Working at MacKenzie Financial was a very positive experience for me, even as a short-term contract employee.
Management was very professional, ensuring that all employees were kept up to date on the day to day business of the office. I enjoyed a great relationship with my co-workers, which was a good, positive mix of people.
As the job itself involved data entry, the hardest part was pushing through the monotony of the job. At the same time, he most enjoyable part was seeing those very tasks through and ending the day with the satisfaction of a job well done.
A good company with a ot of respect for their staff, full-time or otherwise.
Fast paced, challenging work environment. Micro management can lead to needless stress.
Advisor Plus Services (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 September 2014
Client Services role, dealing directly with high-net worth financial advisors. Small dedicated teams in different branch offices must coordinate to manage the pool of advisors that qualify for this increased level of service.

Expectation is that you will follow through with a call from start to resolution. This will sometimes conflict with your requirement to answer a certain number of calls per hour. Quality is one of the key focuses for this team. Compensation is decent. Annual bonus is determined by your ability to meet quality and productivity goals.
Pros
Small team, lots of interaction. Develop relationships with your callers due to frequent interaction.
Cons
Micro management, poor overall management structure. worked is continually pushed on you to avoid paying overtime.
Productive workplace
Training Administrator and Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Toronto4 June 2014

good management

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
A good place to enhance your experience
Senior Fund Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 March 2014
Overall, I have enjoyed my tenure so far. There are always opportunities to take part in projects and learn new skills. Management is always open to suggestions for process improvements. However, sometime sharing of information among various departments needs to improve. Sometimes critical information is missing and one needs to go fishing for it.
productive and fun place to work for
Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Canada1 September 2013
work with many departments closely was great experience.
any issues will be resolved with no time.
make sure that customer is happy.
Working in a Securities Dept.
Securities Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2013
Developed teamwork skills and coordination strategies. I enjoyed my time here and am still in touch with my former colleagues and supervisor.
MAC was bought by another company and then it was nothing but lay-offs
Telecomm Specialist, Mitel PBX and Octel Voicemail (Former Employee) –  Toronto2 May 2013
I loved my job and my co-workers and I were like family
I learned to prioritize and develop relationships with users at all levels
the hardest part was dealing with the new owners.
Pros
family like atmosphere
Cons
being sold made life very difficult
Well development organization
Learning Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 June 2012
Learned a lot about the mutual fund industry and how to develop yourself as a professional. Management team is very supportive from lower to upper management.
Non-innovative
Integration Lab Technical Specialist (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2012
If you don't wish to advance your career or learn new technologies work here.