MacEwen Petroleum Inc.

MacEwen Petroleum Inc. Employee Reviews

It a good job

I work with a couple people and I have good working experience I do say when the new managements came in it was not so good when I came back from. Surgery. Lung 🫁 cancer it was like we do not have to to have you back it was not too friendly at the end it was terrible when I did. A mistake loading I was let go. Have to all the hard work I did without missing a day at work going true pain after surgery. Good luck

Pros

Nil

Cons

Pay 12 hours

Not a fun place to work

Poorly managed, and poorly dispatched, and dispatcher plays favourites and lies to you constantly if your not her favourite........gossiping is a regular activity in the office also

Decent Place. Has some hiccups to fix.

Some wonderful people in finance and some bad apples are kept which really lower the morale. Extreme favouritism is given to older employees, they over look bad habits and allow situations to occur that others would be let go for. Some make massive mistakes and it's overseen. Can't approach the president to discuss any findings or to report rude or condescending higher ups. Told by managers if you do it's a gamble for your job -sets a bad morale and makes people leave. Recommend a suggestion box or something confidential so employees can feel heard. Lack of organization on acquisitions of new sites which is frustrating for those divisions and those employees at head office working with them. It seems that people aren't held accountable for much. Issues reoccur. Employees from the divisions don't always do their tasks and you constantly have to find a work around. Good benefits and decent pay. Staff lunch every first Friday of the month. Nice Christmas party and bonus to employees. Dress is business formal/casual. No jeans allowed. Mostly all cubicles layout. I was fortunate to report to the controller whom was an amazing supervisor and had an open door policy. I also worked alongside the AP manager who is a wonderful asset to their team.Overall a decent place to work. Like many companies there are things they really need to work on.Unfortunately no exit interview was given.

Pros

Good benefits, job stability

Cons

Lack of organization, employee favouritism

Productive workplace

A typical day at work would include meetings, phone calls and emails from store operators, territory managers and colleagues. New ERP programs and upgrading my Excel skills were new learnings. The workplace culture was one of learning.

Overall the job was straight forward and fast paced.

Standing behind a cash, upselling merchandise and various lotteries. I learned to develop strong communication skills with this job, thus leading to me to pursue social work. Management was tough as it was switched over a few times but as a chain store this is to be expected. The workplace culture was pleasant among staff but often times you are working alone depending on the size of the Mac Ewen. Which leads me to the hardest part of the job and that was the location, many times employees were quite frightened to work alone at night due to the fear of people robbing the store. The most enjoyable part would have been all the people I had the opportunity to meet and learn so much from.

MacEwen Petroleum - Kemptville

My experience with MacEwen Petroleum was a very positive one. I worked out of Kemptville. I was introduced to everyone and found all to be very easy going, personable, friendly, and caring. The staff as well as the managers were very easy to get along with and genuinely good people who talked to me politely and treated me with respect and care. I was trained by someone who did an excellent job at being patient and took the time to explain things through so I was able to operate, load, and unload the fuel trucks properly and in a safe manner. Overall my experience was a great one. I developed good relationships with everyone and felt welcomed. All the drivers I got to meet were very down to earth people, hard-working, and patient with me. They were able to teach me many things, in which they all explained it through so I understood it confidently. Overall the office staff. managers and all workers through the Kemptville area are great people to work for.

It’s okay

They pick their favourites, if you’re not the favourite, you have zero job security. If you are the boss’ favourite, you’ll have the job as long as you want it. PLEASE NOTE: this he just my personal experience, it is not the same for everyone

Meh

Decent pay, but not a lot of room for advancement. Not a lot of support when overwhelmed with work. Some very catty workers/very clique-y. Great Christmas party, very good general morale.

Macewen gas station located at st. Laurent boulevard.

Nice place to work. Owner is great. I loved working over there. Decent people. Situations getting hectic some times but overall it was great experience in customer service.

Treated like garbage!

My worst work experience ever. Management treats you like you are the lowest of the low. You are expected to work from the time you get up until the time you go to sleep screw your family or social life. You're expected to work these long hours to make up for poor management and dispatching. The manager of this division has a multitude of lies and excuses to cover for his inability to accept blame for his mistakes. Even upper management has no class. Heard of them spreading reasons why workers are off work due to physical and mental issues to their coworkers. Best to work anywhere else if you can.

Big joke !

If you have an opinion or a mind of your own you will not last here . Your manager is on a daily power trip ! He wants to put your calls in order and wants them done Only that way . No option . Get use to driving back into the area you were in yesturday for a will call customer that they say is not a priority. Place is a joke !

Horrible

Expect a couple people to do everybody else’s work. Constant backtracking. Boss didn’t have a clue. Had his little buddy who he took good care of. If you like driving 4-600 km a day, and getting nothing done, this is the job for you

Overall pretty good

I only work once a week, on the weekend, as I have a full time job and work here for extra cash, although I have worked there multiple times a week. There can be it’s busy days but the weekends are typically slower and more relaxed. Weekdays around noon are busiest as the location I am at gets pizza from a local pizza shop and fresh hot dogs and a lot of people go there for lunch. The only two things I’m not the biggest fan of are the closing time; 10:30, and that in the closing shift it is only one person there. Over all good place and do recommend to anyone looking for a part time job.

good experience

as a student, it was a great summer job, opportunity to return the following year, great working outdoors, hands on with equipment, learning, non-repetitive tasks

Loved working here

I loved working here I’m a fast learner you show me how to do something once I know how to do it right away

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Sometimes angry customers

Very good manager, nice community

Such a good experience working at mcewens. The gas station I work at has the best manager ever. They provide very good training to the employees. They support their workers. Retail teaches you a lot and I believe everyone should start with a retail job, like this would be good.

Pros

friendly environment

Cons

Not a lot of hours

Easy Going Work Place

Easy job for people who have a busy schedule. People in the area are nice and helpful if needed. Most enjoyable part was being able to greet people and make them have a better day. Management was excellent, work schedules were done to everyone's likings. A typical day at work was greeting customers, keeping shelves stalked, cleaning up the store, and refilling coffee pots.

Productive And supportive environment for work

One day When i was doing my regular shift at that time car wash broke suddenly then i just called my manager and he told me try to convince all the customer and close the car wash. and i executed the same and resulted me in positive way. Amazing part about this job was the management and the team was wonderful.

Poor Management , unsafe work environment

A typical day at work included sweeping the gasoline and diesel pumps, stocking shelves and coolers, ensuring the store stays clean and in an organized state. Management could care less about employees.

Pros

free drinks

Cons

short hours

Dont do it.

Horriable route planning, over hours for the day/week and they still try to make you keep going. Pay is t that good for the expected work load. Office staff have absolutely no idea about trucking, fuel, loads or proper route planning. New office staff every couple of months. Do a 70hour week then expected to work all weekend. Lasted a few months and it was brutal.

Pros

Cons

Over hours

A Wonderful Environment

I was welcomed into the MacEwen Petroleum family in May of 2017... I quickly learned that this was truly a very friendly, encouraging and inviting work environment. Management truly cares about the MacEwen team.

Pros

Encouraging, Room For Growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MacEwen Petroleum Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement