MacDon Industries Ltd

MacDon Industries Ltd Employee Reviews

Great learning experience available if you are willing to travel for work. Most of the work term is spent in the field working independently to test harvest equipment.
If you work at macdon and you're a permanent member of their workforce you will enjoy a very high pay wage for absolutely minimal work with the benefit of never having to be concerned about being fired. The permanent employees got it made at this job. Now for us-- Term employees, we got 14 an hour for 15 months with the PROMISE of the pay raise and permanent employment.Well 2 or 3 years ago I was a part of their mass lay off after the company was sold. Their new game is to NEVER have a new permanent employee, just keep cycling through term employees over and over like a revolving door.GREAT job if you have family here, if not-- you're thrown to the wolves.Take from this what you will. I believed in this company and it still let me down.
Pros
Can easily complete your daily task within 2 hours
Cons
Can not leave if task is done. They would rsther pay you to do nothing than leave
Its hard to get permanent it takes 18 months to be permanent,no late,no absent and performance but wants you to get permanent you will get lots of priviliage and to your family
It was an amazing place to work, competent supervisors and management. I recommend working for them. I would still be working there if not for layoffs due to steel tariffs.
Was so sorry having to leave haven't found anything close to macdon in replacement employement I keep re-applying hoping to regain employment and belong to the family again.
Great work environment, big talk about promotions to keep you working hard but it's an invisible carrot. I was the last of 140 new hires who got laid off. I was told that I was a keeper until the day they laid me off. Effective tactic to keep new hires working hard but unkind and inconsiderate towards my own life goals.
enjoyed traveling to new cities. put in long days. often got to explore the area on the weekends. co-workers were awesome. Learned a lot and felt everyone was willing to teach me anything I wanted to know. felt valued and taken seriously
Good company, good benefits.Great people and very encouraging supervisor. Always felt I was needed.The people are fantastic, the company is realistic and the workflow is manageable.
The amount of bullying and harassment and micromanaging by management is absurd. No care for safety . No care for there employees well being . Treated like kindergarten kids.complete lack of workplace respect.macdon is a toxic work environment
Great people and very encouraging supervisor. Always felt I was needed. When there was something wrong I was not berated. If possible there was always someone there to help. Expectations were reasonable. I learned a lot.
Macdon is a wonderful and amazing company ‘ and for the salary, benefit, and bonuses, facilities surrounds, especially for safety and clean company and this is one of safeties company and a good people in the production dept, fabricstiin, assembly, all if dept i think people in the floor are nice and good not including the Association, HR Dept, and the people in welding dept that not good and fair!!
I was hired on as a temporary employee to cover a maternity leave. Within months I discovered that it was the absolute best working environment I had ever had in my entire life. The people are fantastic, the company is realistic and the workflow is manageable. You couldn’t ask for more.
Ave. salary, awesome benefits (the best in MB), friendly co-workers, education support, o opportunity for growth for trade guys Management cared about you and made adjustments to suite your needs
I got laid off but I'd always go back just for the family feeling at Macdon. I worked on the header/ flex Draper systems. I personally installed doors / side panels. Was my favorite job always give Macdon a good name.
While the variety & challenge of design work was there, salary was abysmal. The benefits somewhat make up for it, but other companies have caught up & if you're young & single, benefits aren't top priority. While most depts are filled with good people, mgmt is extremely poor in that they promote poorly & the ones at the top are old school mentality of creating a climate of job security fear. Chasms of ideologies exist between mgrs & depts with the production side being the worst...filled with self serving individuals with poor mgmt skills that have clearly reached their 'Peter principles' a couple promotions ago. If you're an intelligent engineer, you'd be better served to find a modern workplace culture with good managers where you can grow.
alright place to work, just have to stay focused and keep to yourself. Most management is great. Fast paced environment. Good pay Good benefits Supportive coworkers
It's really fun to work in here, the only thing that makes it difficult is the assurance of your job because of the lay off. the medical benefits are one of the best if not the best.
Everyone at MacDon is extremely friendly and helpful. You feel as you are at home in this fun work environment. I definitely recommend the IT department.
I volunteered for them and they treated me kind and nice and even help me with what I was supposed to do. They are also a caring company and will help you with anything
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
I worked at macdon and really enjoyed it Unfortunately lots of lay offs I would return They are hiring now for some reason they are not accepting former employees Im guessing because I'm not an immigrant Word
Cons
Shift work, very very hot
I learn so many new things when I did job in that company. The management is very cooperative.I enjoyed alot by doing that job. The enjoyable part of the day was when I prepared food alone and also served the people.The typical day at work is Sunday .
Pros
Bonse
Cons
Long hours a