Mac's Convenience Store

Mac's Convenience Store Employee Reviews

Canada774 reviews
Dealing with customers. Stocking and cleaning the store and exterior. Unfortunately the store closed and that is when I lost my job. Overall a good place to work.
only atmosphere is stressful and fussy other wise job duties quite simply and easy.Management is not too good. Enjoyable part is deal with different customers improve communication skills
It was a good job But I’d never consider managing it cause they always went threw so many managers none of them never lasted I liked the job and miss the regular customers
the very fast-paced work environment, it kept me busy and productive all day. I developed my skill to work under pressure, enhance my Communication skill, Problem Solving Skills. All co-workers were very helpful in nature. The most enjoyable part for me was cus.tomer satisfaction.
I do not recommend this place. Management members have no sense or knowledge.

Management even could not explain your pay statement.

Threat of firing you on every single small mistake.

Called me silly person and abused me for small mistake that even could be ignored.
You know what a convenience store does. Nothing more or less than what it usually does. Can build up relationships with the community. Great place to meet new people.
Get to know the area you work in and native people
Learned to be better customer service provider

Tedious work but still fun to work in a fast-paced environment
It was pretty stressful because you worked alone with which made it hard to go to the back and stock up the pop coolers or even use the bathroom as there was no one else to attend the store
Always promote their favourite people if you are straight forward than they don’t like to hear their weakness they are worse . They fired me from the store bcoz district manager spent like me and they give my store to the guys whose store is always on Facebook for his poor service so I always slow clap for these people.
Pros
Worse management in head office
Cons
You will waste your time
Great training and training updates to keep current CSR regulations ( Cigarette sales, loto tickets sales etc.) Friendly customers with the odd drunk difficult customer late at night. Overall great job working alone all night, regular police patrols up and down road.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Mac's Convenience Store?
I loved working for the first owner of this franchise he was fair and generous, however when the second owner took over it was a very different experience they went above and beyond to make the position more difficult to handle!
Mac’s Management ask for max input from employee, and do nothing to help them and to make their working environment easier. No dealers or their employees can make enough for decent life, and owners are opening stores globally and make billions of dollars.
I had been working since 2008 in this company and working every day to make just enough money to survive there was no appreciation from anyone for working for 12 years and they just fired the whole store for stupid reason so I can recommend to work but don’t make it your retirement plan job because no respect from anyone for your hard work.
When I started at Circle K Western Canada, we were a collaborative and highly engaged team. About 4 years in our VP changed and things went down hill fast.
Our new VP was unprofessional, a total gossip, a bully, and ultimately had different standards depending on whether or not she liked you. She promoted her favourites including a Market Manager to Director of Ops that had an affair with a category assistant and covered up multiple scandals. This organization acts with zero integrity and does not value its people You will be forced to go against your own morals, treat people as commodities, and give up your personal life. Don’t be fooled by all the positive promises - they will break every single one.
Not nice people and good place to work .they always like to see people work hard... but not them ..you had to make sure the store was clean ...because they never did ..
Great company to work for,wages need to reflect cost of living. and starting wages should be better...$15 to &16 dollars an hour and raises based on performance reliability and loyalty and honesty.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Long hours and not enough staff at peak hours and seasons
good greetings with customers and always try to solve their problems. workplace culture is very good and relaxed. Responsible management who always helps to fulfill the desires of their employees.
Please read the above summary will give you a good sense about Mac's and work condition very dangerous at night shift especially with the way the economy going
I gained extensive learning in terms of customer service. I grow a lot as individual and become knowledgeable in different perspective of life knowing that working in retail industry you learn to adopt and handle different customer. I like challenges that's why I am open for any opportunities and possibilities that could help me to grow and become more productive.
Pros
free incentives, or any travel meeting
Cons
unproductive time
I enjoyed working at macs. The manager however was not very professional. She did not like to be told about issues that were happening in the store.
Pros
Great way to meet people.
Cons
Nil
Very high energy and fast paced at times.
Other times slow.

Keeping busy is easy because you always have stocking to do and cleaning.fun place to work
Pros
Laid back and easy
Cons
Rude customers
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mac's Convenience Store. Our community is ready to answer.