Mabel's Labels Employee Reviews

Super positive and culture heavy workplace
Employee (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 April 2019
Mabel's labels is an absolute dream come true!
I still go into work and think "wow is this place even real?"
Working hard and putting in the extra effort is recognized.
Plenty of fun and creative projects to work on. I mean its a kids label company, how could it not?
Such a fun atmosphere and the people are kind and helpful.
A working from home option is an excellent bonus.
Pros
Team building, strong management team, positive attitudes and pro company culture
Fun, inclusive, encouraging environment!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 April 2019
I started working for Mabel's Labels for a temporary 4-month contract - that was over 5 years ago :)

I was a customer before I became an employee and was excited to work for a company that was started by 4 women and for a product that I believed in.

People go above and beyond for the customer and maintaining an engaged and fun culture is important to everyone here. Thanksgiving lunch, yoga in the park, terrarium building session, salad bar potluck, soup competitions - just to name a few!

The company is very goal focused and works together to make the magic happen. Everyone pitches in, ideas are welcome and encouraged from all departments and employees are recognized for going above and beyond!
Pros
Culture, flexibility, training
Great people & fun environment
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 October 2017
This is a great place to work. I was there on a contract and would have gladly stayed longer, if it was available. The full-time perks of flexibility, openness and great benefits are very attractive.
Pros
flexibility & team work
Cons
small company
Don't expect to enjoy it
Summer Contract Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 September 2017
The job itself is okay once you have learned what you are doing. Unfortunately, there is a lot of unnecessary staff drama - especially among the full time staff - who look down on part time and temp workers. This makes for a VERY uncomfortable atmosphere full of tension, with rude and apathetic workers. Some staff verbally abuse and bully other staff members publicly without reprimand. It is not a good place to work - you never know what you are walking into, this applies to work load, tasks, and gossip. I would not recommend this job to anyone I know.
Pros
Work is not hard and can be enjoyable if you are lucky enough to be left alone to do it
Cons
Bad employee attitudes, Double standards, Miscommunication
Horrible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 February 2017
Worst place I ever worked. Management was awful and owners are rotten. They treat staff like garbage and definitely have favorites. This company doesn't care about employees and think they are running some large company like IBM. They are TERRIFIED of a bad review from a customer. Don't bother with this place. They have an extremely high turn over rate, everyone either quits or gets fired.
Pros
When the boss wouldn't show up
Cons
No thanks from owners for going above and beyond, working through lunch
Do not apply
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 November 2016
They will work you to the bone, only to hire the friends of management. A big waste of time if youre looking for anything permanent. unprofessional management and you will be underpayed. just dont apply
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
a great place to work.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 August 2014
The staff are super nice, they are willing to train for jobs they need.
A very family feel to the business. They like to thank the staff for work done with special day's ie: Pizza days, treat days, going to baseball games and other such events.
I love working there!
Pros
every thing
Cons
standing for 8 hours
Good Place to Work
Label Maker, Full-time (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 April 2013
Fun environment to work in, fast paced, easy work. I would go into work, get my list of things to do for the day, go to my computer and get started. I made all the labels, printed them, cut them, and took them out to the production team who would separate all the labels and put them into the correct envelopes and get them ready for mailing. The management there did however play favourites as it was a family owned business.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
bad management