M30 Retail Services Inc.

M30 Retail Services Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada49 reviews
What I’ve find out during this COVID 19 is with M30 the mangers / supervisors is that some the mangers / supervisors were married. And the manger won’t do his job but his wife which is a supervisor would do his job and give certain team leaders / assistants are hard time even though that nots my supervisor for the province that I was working in.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Manger issues
Work load varies but allows for flexibility in scheduling. Must be a self starter as you work alone or on a team of 2. Planogram experience definitely an asset.
Only downside is the hours however after my contract is up I would definitely go back again. I've only been working with them for a week but it's honestly one of the best environments in my opinion. Plus midnight starts and no weekend? Amazing!
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
No hours secured
I loved working for M30 as a team lead in my area it was great. My coworkers were fun and made this job most enjoyable all but for one privileged male

Than one day the Calgary CEO who’s had the nerve to lied to me twice and pushed me out of the job I actually held for the second term of the contract. I’ve never had one complaint or warning the whole time I worked for them.

I put up with harassment daily and being verbally attacked. I reported my coworker and they threw me under the bus . In fact I was told I would be top of the list because I was the team lead the last two years and would coming back . However this privileged male called in a favour and poof! I’m outta job.

It’s nice to know that them good old racist boys clubs still exist. Calgary’s CEO I hope Karma finds you
Cons
Cut throat Corp
Wonderful company to work for. Focusing on results and the well being of their employees. There truly showed how much they care about their employees when vivid 19 shut us down. Very compassionate in their phone calls to each employee.
9 June 2020
Hello and thank you for such a lovely review - Making the calls to follow up on all our Atlantic employees was therapeutic and really helped our head office staff through the COVID19 pandemic so it was a win-win. Stay safe and keep washing those hands.
Tiffany/Employee Services
Professional and always ready to help team members, we get frequent updates from management.

Hours are flexible and very competitive . Would recommend

competitive
Pros
Flexible hours, good salary
Cons
Number of hours not guaranteed
19 May 2020
Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to complete an online review - we feel honoured to receive your 5 star review and love reading your comments. Hopefully we can resume hiring once this pandemic settles down a bit.

Take care, stay safe.

Tiffany/Employee Services
The only con to working for this company would be that there was a shortage of work, which caused a lot of revolving door associates.
The staff is constantly changing because lay offs from lack of work.
2 April 2020
Hi and thanks for your comment -
I hear and share your frustration - as we work almost exclusively with one client, their schedule becomes our schedule which is often limited for many reasons, including supply chain, vendor specials and planogram development and changes. I hope you will consider coming back when COVID-19 settles down.

Thanks,

Tiffany/Employee Services
It is a part time job with very limited amount of work. Would be great if it was full time. No supervision which is nice to be able to be left alone to do your work.
2 April 2020
Hello and thank you for taking the time to review and rate M30 Retail Services.
I 100% agree with you that this would be a great full time job - if only we had that type of work available though! Our 2020 program started off slow and was *just* picking up in terms of hours/week when the COVID-19 pandemic hit and all work ground to a halt.

I hope you consider joining the team when life/work returns to normal.

Thanks again,

Tiffany/Employee Services
Worked nights which wasn't a problem until I had a issue with my paycheck and being told I was paid when I wasn't. Wasn't enough hours and hard to communicate with the boss.
Pros
days off, independent work
Cons
pay issues, management problems
24 February 2020
Hello -

Please call the office to discuss your issues with your paycheck - it is very important that we resolve these types of issues asap.

Thanks

Tiffany/Employee Services
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at M30 Retail Services Inc.?
Disjointed company. Hours were minimal. Was expecting 32, some weeks got only four. High turnover of staff and often left to struggle alone. Never met supervisor or any of team.
Hello and thank you for your review -
I'm sorry that you had such a negative experience. Our 2020 reset program did start off very very slowly and we are aware of the frustration that caused our team members. I'm a bit confused by your date of review - our reset program did not kick off until the first weekend of February.

Tiffany/Employee Services
Lots of changes happened with this job. I originally started with “MSI”, then it was M30.
I loved the job. If I could go back....yes I would. I really loved to see the transformation of my tasks. I had pride in what I did.
Hello and thank you for your positive review -
I'm super happy to hear that you loved the job over the years - MSI dates back to 2016! You sound like a true merchandiser - one who takes pride and gets satisfaction from organizing things!

Tiffany/Employee Services
Made M30 1000's of dollars by getting jobs done in half the alloted time.
Team lead was a biotch

Hourly wage good but not good when you only got 12 hrs for a bi weekly pay

No thank you or anything, quit last week of relines because team lead was stealing hrs management was aware then they put quit on my RoE. Bunch of crooks
Hello -
Please refrain from slandering people online. Your ROE was coded appropriately, you even admit in this review that you quit. We code ROEs based on what actually happens. The variable hours was discussed with all candidates at the interview stage to ensure that everyone is aware there are no guaranteed hours and it could be as low as 0 or as high as 24.

Regards,

Tiffany/Employee Services
I worked based out of Invermere for a few months in 2019 and found that they lead you on in the regards to how many hours you’re going to get. Cannot depend on this for money as they just change your hours last minute without telling you. They would call me out of nowhere and yell at me for not doing things that I had already done. Ended up debating endlessly with management and basically got fired for being a problem
Hello and thank you for your review -
We are aware that our hours are variable and can be as low as 0 and as high as 24 - I know this is communicated during the interview process because we do not want to lead anyone on about the weekly hours - we need this job to be a good fit from both sides. I'm sorry this position did not work out for you,

Tiffany/Employee Services
I was fired when I complained of harassment from grocery store managers and staff.

Then I was shortchanged on my severance pay.

MSI has changed its name but I doubt that they have changed their tactics.
Hello and thank you for your review -
Sounds like you worked for our company quite a few years back - since then we have implemented new training measures. We also have an open door policy and Employee Services is always available to field your questions or concerns. It's too bad you waited so long to let us know about your concerns regarding your pay discrepancy - we take these matters very seriously and work with multiple departments to get a resolution.

Regards,

Tiffany/Employee Services
I enjoyed working with M30. Everyone was very knowledgeable and helpful. They are a very organized company. They are also very accommodating when you need them to be.
20 February 2020
Thank you SO much for such a glowing review - we love it when employees enjoyed their work experience. We are always looking for ways to improve, so appreciate hearing that your team was accommodating.

Tiffany/Employee Services
Once trained, one is left on their own to complete tasks in a timely and efficient professional manner. As long as everything is done correctly, one rarely hears from management. Must love attention to detail. Must enjoy tedious tasks. Best job for me ever!
2 April 2020
Hello and thank you for your 5 star review - You are so right, this is a job for someone who is self-motivated, can work within time limits and loves attention to detail and the satisfaction of organization!

Tiffany/Employee Services
I found M30 to be a great place to work; from pay to learning it was amazing.

Pro; great pay, opportunity to travel, learn new things within stores.

Con; Some store owners are extremely difficult (not m30 fault)
2 April 2020
Hello and thank you for your positive review - I'm so glad you enjoyed your work experience with M30 Retail Services and that you had lots of opportunities and a chance to learn.

Tiffany/Employee Services
Great executive team - very reasonable, very human, very collaborative and responsive.

Team members are encouraged to make suggestions for tweaks and changes to processes in order to improve the employee experience.

The daily culture at the head office is extremely positive and the whole team was focused on meeting project goals.
2 April 2020
Thank you for your review and rating, I'm happy to hear that your time with M30 was a positive one!
Best of luck with wherever you have moved onto,

Tiffany/Employee Services
working for M30 was a very strange experience. the only guidance I received was some emails with very vague instruction as to what needs to be done. I worked night shift and the hours were very sporadic some weeks there wouldnt be enough work for more than an hour or 2 some weeks would be 3 full 8 hour days. The guidance and instruction was the biggest thing lacking as I never once actually met with anyone from the company other than my one coworker who was just as clueless as I was. If you're okay with sort of faking what you need to do and then getting told it's wrong through emails then M30 is the place for you!
Pros
good hourly wage
Cons
lack of proper training or instruction
3 April 2020
Hi and thanks for your review -
It was identified that our training regime required improvements and those have been made - including adding trainer roles for urban centres - unfortunately this was after your time with the company.

Wishing you best of luck,

Tiffany/Employee Services
Found management to be very understanding ..hours were good
Team work was amazing

GOOD working environment

Lower management and Upper management worked closely together
9 April 2020
Hello and thank you for your positive review -
I'm so glad you enjoyed your work experience with M30 Retail Services and that you enjoyed your team. Thanks again.

Tiffany/Employee Services
work days varied from week to week with reset work.
special projects involved varied resets from jewellery to hardware.

management were always a phone call away to answer questions.
Pros
planning your own schedule
Cons
many weeks were too short on hours
Hello and thank you for your review -
It sounds like you worked on our Walmart projects and I"m sorry that you experienced weeks with less hours than you were hoping. We know this is a concern and typically there are multiple factors that cause the reduction of hours - from supply chain to sub-contractor work to hardware challenges.

Thanks again, best of luck