M2 Distribution Employee Reviews

Incompetent Management and Lack of Professional Knowledge
Digital Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC18 August 2019
Interesting to see so many reviews complains about management in this company, so do I.

1) No respect to new coming employees. They will inform you a 3-month-probation policy once you passed the interview, but they never show you what they expect from you during the probationary period. Just like what other people say, they really take advantage of this policy and will dismiss the employees within this period. They do not give a just cause. I have seen all 4 new coming collegues being dismissed, not in the meantime of the probationary period, but at the end of the period. They fully utilized the new coming employees and treat them as "3 month cheap contractors".

2) Poor manager. Never show respect to collegues, even including the boss. Use the phone checking up something while other collegues report during meetings. The manager reads the excel numbers out loud, without understanding what is really happening. And then the manager always blame other collegues not bringing up insights of the excel numbers. The manager does not have enough experience and skills for the position.

3) Lack of professional knowledge and experience. As an auto parts eCommerce company, the company does not understand car culture at all. They are profit driven, instead of product driven. Their main products are pickup truck aftermarket parts, but till now, non of people from this company owns any trucks before.

4) Boss never ask for your opinions once you are a new coming employee. They only talks to the manager and the old employees and they do not and will not trust FOBs. They will let
  more... you go after 3 months anyways.  less
Pros
Nice collegues, free parking
Cons
Poor manager, unpaid lunch interval, no overtime paid even you have to overtime
Bad management in this company
Digital Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC12 August 2019
Very easy interview process to get the job and offered you great benefits after probation. However they really took advantage of this policy to lay-off people and without giving any suitable reason. Do not trust the benefits they can offer you. Because the company’s culture shows no respect on new coming employees.
Pros
Good co-worker, good boss
Cons
Bad supervisor and bad management
Decent company with subnormal supervisor
Digital Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC24 July 2019
Overall it's a good company, the reason for this is mainly because their bosses are all longsighted, kind and energetic leaders. And my colleagues are also impressive persons, it's very grateful to work with those guys.

However, this company is not an ideal workplace because I have never seen such an incapable supervisor in a company with a large scale of sales. And that literally triggered many problems and will hinder it to be a greater Co. To avoid personal abuse and give everyone else a better comprehension, in my review, I will simply analyze the reason why I think the supervisor is not qualified for this position and its damage to this environment by dividing into 3 points (I will refer this person by using 'his/her' to avoid gender discrimination, as a male feminist, I do believe females can be equal or better than males in jobs)

1) As a normal person just like you and me, he/she doesn't show respect and integrity. I did a huge thing on this company and helped them to gain more profit. I can't say more cuz it violates the professionalism. The only thing I can say is I've been steeped in the automotive e-commerce industry for a while and I know how to help them and actually I achieved that task, but either she kept that thing from telling the boss nor she took it as her reward. Otherwise, it doesn't make any sense for me to be asked to leave without any convincing reasons,

2) As a standard worker on his/her position, he/she doesn't have enough knowledge and working experience in marketing. As a marketing supervisor, he/she should be familiar with merchandising
  more... aka advertising, marketing tactics and building roadmap for products. But I can barely see those things on him/her. His/her main job is about the logistic, which is like put the cart before the horse.

3) Lacking management skills made him/her looked busy all day but feeling a disconnection with other colleagues. As a supervisor, basically a manager in this team, you should be able to associate with your colleague and bring more cohesion to them, this person is not helping, he/she is kind of destroying it, intentionally or unintentionally.

To be honest, it is hard to understand why he/she will show up on that position.

Pros
Good Bosses, nice persons, good environment and company culture

Cons
Poor Supervisor
Productive and fun place to work.
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC2 April 2015
- Controlled vendor’s and own inventory.
- Prepared weekly report and forecast the possible shortages.
- Followed up on shipment arrival and coordination with freight forwarders.