M&M Food Market
Happiness score is 57 out of 100

M&M Food Market Employee Reviews

Canada186 reviews

Fun and collaborative workplace that allows for a balanced schedule when in school.

M&M Food Market was a great experience for a first job. It allowed me to interact with customers and build upon my understanding of various parts of the business world.

Great Company Slightly Unorganized

Area Managers are tasked with ensuring Franchise Partners are following standards And stores are running appropriately. Overall great experience working for the company but have some outdated systems and feels like discussions are not thought out.

Relaxed, and enjoyable retail workplace.

My typical day at work consists of stocking the fridges/freezers, as well as providing recommendations for customers, and ringing items through the point of sale. The management has been stellar, and understanding of work-life balance. The hardest part of the job is the busy periods, such as prior to Christmas and New Years, but these are exceptions.

Pros

Discount on all items, bonuses for good sales numbers.

Cons

Freezer can be cold after semi-extended periods of time.

Excellent company

This is a great, inclusive company to work for. Upper management are super supportive and accessible. Working with an area manager really helps you to feel you are on top of your game.

Pros

Discount

Relaxed atmosphere, but busy enough to keep you occupied.

Fantastic staff, a very sweet manager, and the franchise owner was amazing. The regular clientele were all very nice people and the work wasn't difficult.

Better jobs

Work alone no time to even go to the bathroom. really don’t get much help from management. Customers yell at you because your working alone and they want service even thou you’re busy already. You sometimes work 8 hours with no breaks. This is just a stepping stone.

Pros

Not much

Cons

No breaks or lunch

Productive and most part fun.

It was a great place to work for the most part changes to the company made things different .and the family atmosphere was nearly non existent anymore.

Good first job

This was my first "real" job. It's great for experience because you do so many things in a "meal advisor" role. I've worked for several managers during my time here so far, and I've seen lots of coworkers come and go. One thing I have to say is that corporate-run stores are a lot better to work in than franchise stores. If you are considering applying to m&m's you need to know that you will have tons of responsibilities and you will be working alone a LOT. it's very lonely :(

Pros

15% discount

Cons

lonely

Unprofessional the least

Really bad management. Gossiping all over the place. Overall very negative experience. I was promoted but my salary stayed the same. Thr most expensive frozen food business and everything is heresay. Lack of support from management, rude employees to the point where I was told you should change your blond hair in to red. Head Office is full of gossipers. Stay away.

Slow-paced. Good part-time work.

Very slow with the occasional busy hour every now and then. A variety of job responsibilities from stocking shelves, organizing the deep freeze, working at the till, bagging, helping customers find products, selling, cleaning, and some decorating. Nice place to work during the brutal heat spells thanks to the freezers.

Pros

Discounted products

Cons

Dull environment

Not a safe environment, too much drama, employer takes advantage as much as he can and doesn’t respect employees

I was paid less than the minimum and I was working the most, the owner tells other employees to hide secrets, like who makes the schedule, what other benefits are, he will take total advantage of you. He got upset because coworkers told some customers my marital status, the floor ok the freezer is uneven, and even if you work hard to be taken in consideration, you won’t get anything back. I was getting too many text messages from all the staff even on days off.

Co workers are great

Typical retail job with lots of complaining from customers. But manager was supportive and helpful. Very physical job as well, lifting heaving boxes of frozen product while delivering customer service

fun

a good place to work I loved it a lot super chill I guess. It super chill environment i had a great time working there, I definitely recommend it for others

Not a bad job but the freezer isn’t worth it for me.

A decent entry level job, and a good place to earn cashier and customer service experience. The freezer isn’t a lot of fun for me, but some people enjoy it. The people you work with make or break a shift because it’s a small staff; you’re working with the same people the entirety of your shift.

Depends on the store manager, and whether you're corporate or franchise

There is a high demand to sell for a minimum wage job. You are often left alone or with minimal supervision. Lots of heavy lifting, more than you would think. No real scheduled breaks. Other than that, it isn't a bad job at all compared to most cashier/retail experiences. Just be expected to memorize all the products.

Pros

Great staff, discounts, flexibility

Cons

No breaks

Boring & Unchallenging

This was the most boring job I've ever had. I hated working in the freezer, and when I started being scheduled for two hour shifts, that's when I walked away. That's not even worth my time, and BC is the only province where it's legal. It shouldn't be. I was also expected to do online training from home and unpaid. A violation of the employment standards act and something far too many employers get away with.

I really enjoyed working at M&M

I worked at the Georgetown location, and they were wonderful employers. It was a very comfortable atmosphere, it felt like family. The owners are very compassionate and create a team atmosphere. They helped me through a very difficult time in my life, it was not just a job, but more like a support system.

Pros

Lots of hours. The owners encouraged independence, and everyone worked as a team.

Un environnement de travail satisfaisant

J'ai adoré y travailler mais les horaires ne convenait pas a ma vie personnelle.

Pros

Ambiance calme et non stressant

Cons

Salaire minimum

Productive work environment - could be better

This job gave me the opportunity to better grow my skills in customer service, stocking, and taking shipment orders. The workspace felt cramped but nonetheless was positive and moderately paced. Regular customers made the job feel like an intricate part of the community but under the new management, it felt strained and distant.

Pros

great part time hours, customers were great

Cons

unreliable job security, poor communication from the management

Place sucks to work for

Horrible company to work for! Managers get fired for numbers not getting better when no one wanted to help figure it out and train or help said manager!!!! This company is a joke!

Easy job

Easy job, the freezer takes some time to get used to. the hardest part of the job is definitely the depression of being alone for hours. The customers can be really annoying as they come in waves. Sometimes they all come 20 minutes before close and you have to stock really fast. if you don't stock before you leave, your a jerk for the morning shift

Pros

Freezer

Cons

Customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at M&M Food Market. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement