M&M Food Market

M&M Food Market Employee Reviews

If you are a student looking for a part time job, taking a gap year to earn money, or someone who just wants a job to pay for an apartment, then M&M is worth an application. You are expected to talk with the customers and purpose new meal ideas. You need to keep the shelves stocked and to put away the delivery. You are expected to be able to work independently and with your co-workers to solve problems. This is not a job where you are randomly fired so the only time you will be let go is if you were perpetually not getting along or interacting with the customers, if you were disrespecting the managers or your co-workers, or if you were simply sitting on your butt staring at your phone all day. Basically, if you are actually putting in any effort then you are good. Be warned, you will probably never get a raise and though there are some employee incentives M&M and there are really nice people, you are never going to afford that mansion or Ferrari. This is a good dead-end-job-minimum-wage-job but it is still a dead-end-minimum-wage-job.
Pros
Discount on food. Really easy to request days off except around Christmas. Lots of independent, unsupervised work.
Cons
Lots of freezer work
They promise the world but do not deliver. They are more concerned about lining their pockets. Terrible communication from management at headoffice.
Would not recommend working there unless you like dealing with petty squabbles and being talked down to. Expectations are high for sales considering you don’t get any commission and it’s a frozen food store.
Pros
15% discount
Cons
Everything else
Loved working for this company, I unfortunately left due to mental health so couldn’t stay working but I really enjoyed the coworkers and the work that was done
Pros
Cons
Working by yourself
Training is great and the people who work there are great. Loved my entire time there. Only reason I left was because I was moving to a different city
I am still employed at M&M food markets it is an absolutely wonderful place to work. Yes times to get hectic however great customers. My team is absolutely amazing we work as a group to get the things done that need to be done on a daily basis
I was happy working at M&M the manager was awesome the store was renovated and we had slot of customers so I was always busy filling the freezers with stock I loved the products
M&M food market is probably one of my favourite places to work it’s always such a good experience and the boss are nice and the coworkers too convenient for my full time
Loved the people i worked for and worked with! I liked helping the customers with meal planning and making sure they have everything they need. Also get praised for upselling!
I think it would depend specifically on the store you work at, my store in particular had a not so great manager/owner that tended to lean towards a male dominated field, where they believed women were frail.
When you work, you work hard, but it is a satisfying job! The owner is awesome! Great little community to work with! I have met many owners, and like them all!
A good job overall. Personal experience depends on what store you get hired in as it is a franchise so different owners manage differently. Job isn't difficult, very sales and customer service orientated and up-selling is key. Gets very cold as freezer work is required and the repetitive lifting of heavy boxes causes need for regular chiropractic and massage therapy care. There is an insurance program if you work 30 hours a week but it doesn't cover vision. Coworkers and manager are great, my boss did their best to always meet the teams needs and schedules.
Not very hard to work here. As long as you have good customer service, are capable of learning item locations and knowing the right products to help families you're all good. It's a little chilly but overall a good place. Would be better if there was more hours available.
Overall a very good franchise overall. The food is of a high quality and any problems are handled fairly and easily. Working in the freezer was not fun however but as long as you dress appropriately it is not too bad.
Honestly, I enjoy working there, my manager actually makes me feel like coming back, like he actually cares, which is a new feeling. Also the work hours can be really flexible
Pros
15% off purchases
Cons
cold in winter (work in a freezer)
M&M or at least the store i work at is very laid back. we are one of the busiest stores in Canada but they are very understanding, but if you continue to mess up they will try to help you and if you dont get your stuff together they will fire you
I learned so many team building skills and gained so much experience from this position. Sometimes, breaks were not given when they should have been but overall, I thoroughly enjoyed working with such driven individuals.
Able to accommodate many life styles an assist others while employing them with a job that makes life fun. The job allows freedom while there is downtime and the worker is caught up on duties to help others if needed.
Pros
Fun and Free workplace
Cons
Honestly my boss is great. Good company and lot of opportunities to earn extra. They treat me well and allow me to be honest about the product that I sell.
I loved my manager, she was amazing. The head office I need a higher level of communication with staff. The hardest part would be customers since it is a retail job and since the company is going through changes keeping up with these changes can be difficult.
Customer service oriented which means your customers are usually more pleasant to work with. Laid back and not stressfull. Collaborative but very independant work environment.
  1. Employee reviews