M&M Food Market

M&M Food Market Employee Reviews

Canada139 reviews
Fun place to work
Management is excellent with time off requests and working around hours. Staff is polite and friendly. Overall a really excellent place to work, would recommend.
Love this place
M&M food market is probably one of my favourite places to work it’s always such a good experience and the boss are nice and the coworkers too convenient for my full time
Great work place
Loved the people i worked for and worked with! I liked helping the customers with meal planning and making sure they have everything they need. Also get praised for upselling!
It was ok
I think it would depend specifically on the store you work at, my store in particular had a not so great manager/owner that tended to lean towards a male dominated field, where they believed women were frail.
When you work, you work hard, but it is a satisfying job! The owner is awesome! Great little community to work with! I have met many owners, and like them all!
Experience depends on location
A good job overall. Personal experience depends on what store you get hired in as it is a franchise so different owners manage differently.

Job isn't difficult, very sales and customer service orientated and up-selling is key. Gets very cold as freezer work is required and the repetitive lifting of heavy boxes causes need for regular chiropractic and massage therapy care. There is an insurance program if you work 30 hours a week but it doesn't cover vision.

Coworkers and manager are great, my boss did their best to always meet the teams needs and schedules.
Not very hard to work here. As long as you have good customer service, are capable of learning item locations and knowing the right products to help families you're all good. It's a little chilly but overall a good place. Would be better if there was more hours available.
Innovative and delicious food from freezer to table
Overall a very good franchise overall. The food is of a high quality and any problems are handled fairly and easily. Working in the freezer was not fun however but as long as you dress appropriately it is not too bad.
Really good
Honestly, I enjoy working there, my manager actually makes me feel like coming back, like he actually cares, which is a new feeling. Also the work hours can be really flexible
Pros
15% off purchases
Cons
cold in winter (work in a freezer)
M&M is very laid back
M&M or at least the store i work at is very laid back. we are one of the busiest stores in Canada but they are very understanding, but if you continue to mess up they will try to help you and if you dont get your stuff together they will fire you
Happy workplace.
I learned so many team building skills and gained so much experience from this position. Sometimes, breaks were not given when they should have been but overall, I thoroughly enjoyed working with such driven individuals.
Flexible Workplace
Able to accommodate many life styles an assist others while employing them with a job that makes life fun. The job allows freedom while there is downtime and the worker is caught up on duties to help others if needed.
Pros
Fun and Free workplace
Cons
Love working here
Honestly my boss is great. Good company and lot of opportunities to earn extra. They treat me well and allow me to be honest about the product that I sell.
Slow but Good Progression
I loved my manager, she was amazing. The head office I need a higher level of communication with staff. The hardest part would be customers since it is a retail job and since the company is going through changes keeping up with these changes can be difficult.
Great
Customer service oriented which means your customers are usually more pleasant to work with. Laid back and not stressfull. Collaborative but very independant work environment.
Busy location, good people to work with and for
Typical day working in the freezer, servicing customers, unpacking stock and tiding.
How to deal with the public when challenges arise and maintaining a positive outlook in every situation. Dealing with the public and keeping a happy demeanour in every possible scenario!

Multitasking, knowledge regarding products, filling click & collect orders.

My boss was wonderful!

The hardest part of the job would have been dealing with rude customers.

The most enjoyable would also dealing with the customers and the job itself was likeable!
Alright Job just a bad store
Working at M&M was alright but there was no room for growth. My store manager was cheap and hardly gave raises unless you asked and bugged him about it. After I left, the store got robbed several times and he still won't buy proper security cameras. We mostly managed ourselves and had one co-worker who knew the ins and out of the job so we would refer to her with any questions. Work was often laid back except during the holidays. The brutal part of the job was the freezer and our manager usually kept you in there for a long time when you first start. But eventually you get used to everything. The only daily stressful part was learning all the products. Pretty good first first retail job, it was just the location that sucked.
Slow paced place to work
A typical day at work for beginners started by making sure all the food were up to stock. The management there was quite rude and not very kind to employees. They didn't supply the proper paperwork for their employees. This isn't the best work space.
Relaxed environment with occasional busy days
This was a very inviting and comfortable work environment. Most days were rather slow and there was lots of time to keep things in check and tend to customers but on holidays and special events it could get quite busy. The other staff were simply a pleasure to work with.
Honestly, wack
Small and humble store. Mainly focused on teamwork, although they do try and deliver competitive incentives. Combine cashier duties with stocking and cleaning, bam, that's basically what you're doing 90% of the time.
Interactive
This work environment is very interactive and uses your upselling skills to expertly combine food combinations for the customer. Your knowledge of food products help your customer gain a better overall experience.