M&M Food Market Employee Reviews

Amazing
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB2 May 2018
Management was super nice, they would work around your needs. The customers were always regulars and loved to visit. The food was and still is super amazing.
Great company to work for
ERPLY Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Senior Project Manager28 April 2018
Had the pleasure to work for M&M for almost one year - loved the open communication culture and open space concept.

The company provide benefit for the employees including contractor to use the gym which is in house and provide daily lunch which is another great benefit
Great work place for everybody!
Meal Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON17 April 2018
M&M Food Market provides a great working environment that really encourages team work and motivates employees to succeed in their recent promotions.
Especially with their re-branding, the franchise has changed for the better and has consciously taken the effort to cater to their loyal customers for a better experience.
Pros
Easy tasks, food samples
Cons
Long hours, almost no break when the store gets busy during holidays
Negative work environment; Owner is unprofessional
Meal Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ON2 April 2018
The owner of this store is constantly yelling at her employees in front of the customers, and even yells at the customers. Overall a very unhappy and unprofessional environment.
Pros
Interaction with customers
Cons
Owner
Awesome first job, grateful for the franchisee to hire me
Meal Advisor (Current Employee) –  White Rock, BC1 April 2018
Working at M&M Food Market is great. I have gained a lot of experience in a retail environment. I have had a number of difficult customers, and have learnt how to come up with the best solution. If you work at M&M Food Market, you must be able to work in a freezer, clean, and complete tasks that involve organization.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Boring at times
Great place to work - fun !
Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 March 2018
This company is great to work for. Area managers are awesome. There are brand standards to follow but fun job dealing with customers, sampling food products.
Pros
fun, easy work, great hours, flexible
Cons
working in the freezer
Inventory Control Clerk
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE18 March 2018
This job was only temporary/seasonal during the Christmas season. I spent my day receiving and counting inventory in a freezer environment. I enjoyed this environment as I enjoy keeping inventory in order.
Great hours with a great team
Meal Advisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC14 March 2018
The work-load at the store is very manageable and the team at the Richmond store is amazing to work with. The owners are great and will support you in learning and empower you to do as much as possible independently.
Fantastic business, even better people.
Meal Advisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 March 2018
Great franchise! My location had great customers, great employees, and allowed me to really learn the ins and outs of customer service, as this was my first job. Would recommend it to anybody.
Great Company
Meal Advisor (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON5 March 2018
M&M Food Market treats their employees very well. Inclusive environment. Great hours and a wonderful group of people to work with. Salary and benefits were great.
No coaching or direction
Ma (Current Employee) –  Saskatchewan23 February 2018
This is a company who throws their managers to the wolves. They give no direction or coaching but will blame them for not doing things the M&M way. The head offic staff is rude and everyone is quick to turn their back on you are o cover their own behaviour nd. They do not cultivate nor appreciate their team
Pros
Not one
Cons
Working for a company that does not care
Great experience
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 February 2018
-In charge of sales and stocking of products
-Responsibility and punctuality are needed
-The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers and helping them personalize each product delivering food for your every day life
Productive, constantly moving
Meal Advisor (Current Employee) –  London, ON19 February 2018
It is a good place to work. I’ve had the opportunity to be there and get experience. The customers are super friendly, it’s a good environment. The pay is good, can get very busy when working on your own.
Pros
Nice customers
Cons
Breaks are not on a schedule, so you take one when the store isn’t busy
Small team who worked great together, positive manager, excellent franchisees.
Meal Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray13 February 2018
I enjoyed meeting new customers and catching up with regulars. New products were always being introduced and sampled. We were encouraged to sample a variety of single serve entrees provided free while on shift. Pace of work could be "feast or famine" and it made the day pass quickly. Management/ franchisees encouraged self-starting and did not micro manage.
Pros
Great small team, product sampling
Cons
Breaks irregular
A wonderful experience and overwhelmingly great place to work
PRODUCT CONSULTANT/ MEAL ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 January 2018
This is a great place for students to work! The scheduling is great and it really does build character through talking and having to work with others.
Positive experience
Meal Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2018
Overall the experience was positive, customers are nice to deal with but the program for the till was outdated and unintuitive and it led to errors for everyone using it. Had a good time working for them.
All depends on the owner/manager
Meal Adviser (Current Employee) –  Canada5 January 2018
Most everything from how you're trained to how many hours you get depends on the employment skills of the owner/store manager. I was lucky to have such understanding higher-ups. They worked around my schedule and made sure I was comfortable all the time. Again, that part depends on the manager and how they decide to run the location. The cons of working for me were the cold freezer and the customers who are stubborn and didn't take me seriously because I'm young. Customers often brought me to the point of tears, it was difficult for me to go to work somedays because of the thought of having to deal with them. This of course comes with every retail job. The job was very customer service based and I gained a lot of experience. When the store is slow sometimes it gets boring. I often work by myself as the store is quite small and the traffic is relatively slow when I got hours. Sometimes gets lonely
Pros
Good experience, flexible hours
Cons
cold freezer, working alone, customers
One of my favourite jobs
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nepean,ON29 October 2017
I enjoyed working here very much even though I was laid off due to the owner wanting no students working there. Talking to customers was the highlight of my days
Pros
Calm atmosphere
Cons
Short hours
Port Credit Location. They will give you the hours but not pay you the hours.
Meal adviser (Former Employee) –  Port Credit, ON3 October 2017
They stop giving discounts to employees. They will give you decent hours but if the store is not busy they will measle ways of not paying you.

Think twice applying here
Pros
Cons
No break
Fast paced environment
Storefront Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB28 September 2017
Very fast paced environment. You learn to be sensitive to customers needs, sociable, and organized.
Need to be able to lift heavy boxes, and be able to work in cold conditions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at M&M Food Market. Our community is ready to answer.