Lynden

Lynden Employee Reviews

My LilCo work experience was fantastic. They have a nice people there and very good Management. The Office Manager is just simply amazing. One that you would not want to disappoint because of her exceptional management. She is very fair, open-minded, knowledgeable and professional. She is a good adviser and can be a good friend as well. The ideal boss I wish to have for the rest of my career. One of the reasons why I stayed longer with Lynden despite the travel distance from home to work. She will train and teach you. She will have a faith in you that you will do a great job. Enough to boost your self confidence and encourage you to do more. She does not micromanaged and is very supportive and approachable whenever you have questions or in doubt. Staffs are super nice too, Customer Service team were very helpful and appreciative, we were like a family. I really enjoyed my almost 2 years stay with Lynden because of the people, the training, the values and the amazing boss (Ms. Kim) that I had with me.....
Pros
Good people, great boss, free coffee, it is like a family, lots of fun!!!!
Cons
Just the distance from my home. Not too bad driving actually but gets bad during winter time. Also, I wish it was not a temporary position
Most key staff members have a long history with the company. Company provide a great support system. Benefits and pensions are provided after a period of working.
Horrible spoiled management-go thru staff due to this and will never progress unless dealt with, company looks great in the states but canadian office needs better structure and professional people in management
Pros
Company could grow
Cons
Poor management
Official response from Lynden
27 January 2020
Thank you for your comments, and sorry to hear you felt that way. We would like to learn more so that we can address these concerns. If you can send more detail to information@lynden.com we will review further.
You're always doing something here which is great, so suddenly it's time to go home, and the work is easy I found, but some of the the management certainly should not be in management.
Day shift supervisor/ Management at Lynden international logistic in Concord are the worst. They don't respect you unless you've been there for 10 plus years. I understand ''Seniority'', but there just some people at this place that don't do nothing. while its the afternoon shift that does mostly 99% of the stuff. I was full-time here. But to be honest I have wasted my time there. They just use you. you complain to management about someone racist or saying disrespectful thing and they look at you like your crazy. I quit. Applied to a great company with great management and never been better. good luck to anyone that actually thinks they will have a great time or work here. oh and I forgot to add in. As I went into the washroom, I've seen the day shift supervisor go into a room with one of the office lady and i heard some nasty moaning but anyways not my business. Just unprofessional stuff that goes on in that place.
Pros
easy work/ no respect.
Cons
Day shift supervisor racist. Unless your indian tbh, then your good.
Great group of guys to work for, Customers were friendly and fast to load the truck. The General Manager of the Calgary branch would always be there if you needed help on anything.
Pros
Great Environment, Good Pay
Cons
No job stability, have to work most weekends
Started out as employee then bought own semi to work as owner operator in town. All work done was in town. I left Lynden due to slow down in industry. Sold truck, now looking for driving job.
I looked for a job for over 4 months after I came back into the workforce after a long layoff from a foot injury. This company was not very supportive when I was working there as a Order Picker and Forklift Operator.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Bad Management
Very good place to work, friendly staff and management competitive salary and benefits High paced at times but very relaxed atmosphere and everyone is willing to help one another
It was great to work at Lyndane. Great company to work for. Fast paced but flexible work schedule. Excellent management support. Good chance for the advancement. Great team.
My work experience may have been influenced by the client we were working for during the 4 year project, but for the most part the work day was not stressful and usually very pleasant. The project manager for our client was most amiable and I found the project manager for Lynden was a very calm manager and was always very fair and diplomatic in his approach to any and all situations. All employees, management and crew were cooperative and friendly to the point of offering informative and constructive advice on a daily basis. My biggest regret is that when the project ended there was no positions available to me to allow me to continue to work in their pleasant and productive work environment.
Pros
Looked forward to starting my day mostly every day.
Cons
no positions available upon project closing
Great entry level job to get your foot in the door, but, not the place to hang your hat. A new comer to the industry can get experience here, but pay and benefits are not great, as well, there is minimal opportunity to turn a position in this company into a career.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no perks
Typical day at work- Multi tasking between work load and additional assistance from management Designated work load to complete for the day Reporting computer problems with online work load Meeting any deadlines What I learned Like the idea of being really busy in a fast pace environment Management Gathering all the facts before going into management with problems as there time is valuable. They have the same deadlines and work load be considerate if you need there assistance Hardest part of the job Meeting deadlines with no set backs Most enjoyable part is a little socializing with co workers Satisfaction on meeting a deadline efficiently
Pros
Free coffee earning your wages
Cons
My typical day at work would be a productive and personal paced job.What I have learned is to take time comprehend my job.The management is very helpful, supportive and cooperative.My co-worker were very diverse in culture and in experience.The hardest part of my Job was lifting heavy products.The most enjoyable part of my job was the happy and one to one helpfulness environment in and out of my job.
Pros
personal paced job
Cons
heavy lifting
It was a great work experience. Great pay and the opportunity to learn all aspects of a supply chain within a warehouse environment.
Pros
Very Safe and clean facility.
Cons
Not very much room for growth
I've been at this warehouse for 7 years and the management still treats me like im a temp. Nobody there is happy including the management, workers who have been there over 25 years talk about leaving because nothing gets better only worse. The management has different rules for each worker, even safety rules. I was part of the safety committee for 2 years and it was a joke nobody follows the safety protocol even management. The job description and the pay is the same for everybody, including a lifting requirement which at least 1/4 of the workers cant do. I know everything in life cant be fair but way too many issues to deal with.
Excellent owner which trickles down through management. They realize that their biggest asset is their employees.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Long Hours
I would arrive at work by 9 and immediately check my stations for updates and schedules. Spend the day processing customer receipts, taking calls from UPS and its agents and trying to solve problems when they arose. I learned how to deal with customer complaints, keeping to a schedule and to not fear asking for help when required. My manager was always happy to lend a hand and if I made an error, was invariably "cool" about it as long it was corrected. My co-workers never failed to help when the need arose as we are all "new" when we start out. The hardest part of the job was when even the simplest of problems took forever to resolve. The best part was when I had a typical, routine day with no emergencies.
Pros
Free donuts and muffins. Cost-of living wage bumps.
Cons
The commute took forever. Only rush-hour TTC by my work.
My day to day was crazy, exciting, fun. I loved working at Lynden. Management was amazing and supportive, my co-workers were like my sisters and had our good days and bad days. The most I enjoyed was the processing of my drivers paperwork and knowing I did my job well would also in turn made my drivers job an enjoyable one.
Pros
the years of being a part of lynden canada
Cons
very long hours, but it had to be done and i was ok with it
Management is great! My favorite part about this job is the employees, I did a lot of office work and the hardest part of this job would be the client problem solving.
Pros
flexible
Cons
traffic