Lyft Employee Reviews

Can't advance this is child's play
Driver/Mentor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA14 December 2017
I worked with Lyft for years and and ends up no advancement in office with more experience than required not unless you have a in with someone it's political. You will kill your car and there insurance read before you drive you are not covered and your insurance will drop u
Pros
Work anytime discounts
Cons
Work hard no advancement no car repairs loss of insurance company
Flexible hours
Driver (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA13 December 2017
Great for college students like me for making a few quick bucks before/after class. Easily balance job, school, and life. Especially driving around college campuses.
Pros
Opportunity to makes bonus every week.
Cons
Long hours on the road can get boring
I am a driver
Driver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV12 December 2017
In the past I would recommend a person to work as a driver for Lyft. Buy not now. I don't have any contact with management at the Lyft offices so management questions don't apply. I would never recommend anyone to work for Lyft because the wages we get paid as a "independent contractor" it's now under minimum wage when it used to not be. It is not worth the wear and tear on your car, the maintenance, the gas you use, the car washes you have to get, the air fresheners you have to buy, on top of that you are also a tour guide. You do have free time but not much at all because you have to drive all sorts and hours to make ends meet so you do not have the convenience of making your own hours if you want to feed your family. This is a billion dollar company which had no reason at all to cut the rates here in Las Vegas that the drivers get paid period when Lyft first started it was well worth it but not any longer. Call all the people who give this Rideshare Company Five Stars is not being truthful and more than likely they were paid to leave those five star comments. Also there are way too many drivers.
Pros
Turn the app off when you like
Cons
The poor, poor pay
Cut Throat and Disappointing
Driver (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CO11 December 2017
Lots of people driving for the same company means less for everyone. Some people make 2000-4000 each month while some only make a 400-1000 Per month..
Lyft is somewhere worth working
Driver (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CA11 December 2017
It is nice because you are your own boss and you get to choose when you work and when you don't. Somedays are slow and others there are a lot of rides needed.
as a driver you get what you put in
Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ9 December 2017
you get to set your own hours and meet alot of people. Mostly good. Some have opinions that if you disagree will rate you poorly out of vice so watch out.
Pros
set your own time
Cons
basically a taxi service so be prepared for that bad passenger
Great Money But only in major cities.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA8 December 2017
Great Money Great Hours Great People. Sometimes you have to calm the mood with your passengers put on some great music with a low volume. Have air fireshners everyone is not going to small well. Drive safely and have great navigation.
Pros
Great Hours own Boss Great Money
Cons
No Security, Unpreditcable traffic and people
Great job to meet new people
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA6 December 2017
It was was like owning my own business. Must be self-discipline and self-managed. Love meeting and talking to new people. Tell each other stories. Got a chance to see everything around the community.
Pros
learn different places, meet new people
Cons
They do no pay enough to accommodate the use of our vehicle and maintenance.
A typical work day
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA6 December 2017
I start my work day around 3pm to catch the 9-5'ers trying to get rides home. Traffic can be a pest, but most of the time it's easy going. After 2 hours I stop for food, take a 30 min break, and I get back on the road. Once i've made $100 for the day I stop working.
Pros
I can work whenever I want to.
Cons
no benefits, no paid vacations, little to no opportunities to better your position in the organization
No advancement
Lyft Driver (Current Employee) –  Lodi, NJ6 December 2017
At Lyft, there is no advancement opportunity. The pay is decent, however, there are no paid days off and no other benefits such 401k and such. It is fast pace.
good for extra money
Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA6 December 2017
good way to discover your surroundings. nice to always chat with people and learn many new locations you did not know about . although a flexible hours , it lacks a way to show drivers cheap gas prices.
Not making money not even to pay bills
Drover (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV6 December 2017
sometimes we dont make koney not even to pay for the rente lol to many drivers now not a good business to work and sometimes when you have an issue there is no way to talk to nobody
Pros
can work any time
Cons
not reliable place to work
It's great being your own boss you get what you put in, but December and January get really, I mean really slow.
Driver (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CA5 December 2017
Great to maintain and pay your bills if you are trying to start your own business. Slow for 2-3 months December to the beginning of February. From March to November you can't easily see 3-4k a month.
Pros
Being your own boss
Cons
Slow winter
Very stressful and sketchy
Driver (Current Employee) –  Hampton Roads, VA4 December 2017
it's a okay job if that's the only job that you can get at the time but some of the people that you come encounter with are rude and some are nice so it's very unbalanced if you ask me
Pros
Its work
Cons
There is the unknown
Difficult to make $35
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NE4 December 2017
They advertise that you can make UP to $35/hour. The only way to do that is work after midnight on Saturday and Friday and drive people home from bars. The rest of the time you are making little money per ride, which you may have to wait and wait to get. They keep hiring which makes it very competitive. I did meet some interesting people. Be careful, because you need ridesharing insurance and all expenses are on you. Figure all of that in. I gave about 1400 rides between Lyft and Uber before I realized it wasn't worth it.
Pros
Meet people
Cons
Hard to actually make money
Productive , fun , good money , flexible
Lyft Driver (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA4 December 2017
Working for Lyft has always been highly beneficial and worth it. How much working you put in is how much money you’ll get out of it . You could drive as much as you want therefore make as much money as you want . Not to mention bonuses weekly !!
Pros
A lot of easy money
Cons
Wear and tear on car and rude customers .
Great side gig
Driver (Current Employee) –  Boulder, CO4 December 2017
The earning ability seems very hit or miss. Even on nights when there seems to be high demand I have driven for an hour or more and only made $5. The platform seems to be oversaturated with drivers, but sign up bonuses jump all the time.
Pros
great flexibility
Cons
no base pay, bad hours
Easy going relaxed part-time job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA3 December 2017
You make your own schedule and drive your own car, the pros definitely outweigh the cons. It's nice to be able to go on and offline, you can work until you hit your $ goal for the day.
Pros
relaxed
Great Temp job
Lyft Driver (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MI3 December 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is to meet new people.
Hardest part of the job is long hours in the car.
Pays well but hard on the car. Make up your own hours.
You Make your schedule
Lyft Partner (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA3 December 2017
You log on and off when you want. Earning potential is up to you. No bad experiences had.

Perfect way to feel my day when not giving a massage.

There is always events you can attend to learn more about Lyft and the culture.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lyft. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9